porkchop

chop's build log

keep in mind that is with alot of side deals and trading around.....

Well, we figured that. Or you are doin a lot of car jacking! Lol.

$300 wont get you too far without being a little crafty.

Edited by bigrank916

Lets see... I traded him a amp, and gave him some wood, some door speakers, traded some wood for some double 0 gauge. .. Um I think thats it. lol... Jk chop its all in the family. :drink40::drink40:

ol' chop doing work..... very rare photos!!!!lol

Image-34.jpg

Image-35.jpg

Image-37.jpg

Image-33.jpg

Image-26.jpg

Image-27.jpg

Did you free hand all that????

Edited by mdizzle5472

wanted to show the electrical that i done .... not too fancy, but it is solid ..... it is 2/0 welding cable .

i like the circuit breaker for it's ease of use when wanting to shut the power off to the amp.

Image-45.jpg

factory ground?

Image-46.jpg

T-ground !

Image-47.jpg

need a new battery before i can go cruising with this one...

Image-48.jpg

pic of ground to motor and power from alt....

Image-44.jpg

Image-49.jpg

finished the box up..... it looks pink, lol....it dries maroon though....

Image-43.jpg

some pics of box in the cab....got it in with out removing either seat!

Image-42.jpg

Image-41.jpg

Edited by porkchop

after all the hype about the sub inverted.... now i am not sure if it is what i want...lol.......... it does look cool through the window....

Image-40.jpg

Image-39.jpg

Image-36.jpg

4 gauge speaker wire... .lol.... i like it!

Image-38.jpg

i have inverted more of my subs then i have mounted the "regular" way...lol

started out normal....

misc003.jpg

but then i flipped two 12"s...

ACF5FA12Ejpg1.jpg

then there were 4 12"s......

truckpics001.jpg

then went up to two 15"s

sub3.jpg

now i am back to a sigle 15" but it is alot befier than my other subs so far....

sorry i wasn't there morgan drama seth putting carter's name in his mouf.......... and you know how hot headed i am ...... so i went over there and his b*tch a$$ wouldn't come out so i coundn't stay out south im out east ... didn't knoww if the cherries and berries was looking for a brother .... but it looks damn good for what we was working with lol.....i hope it blowes the window out of that b*tch....most of all i hope you love it thats what matters145db baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hit you up later bro IAK

The box looks good chop. I dont know if I could invert the sub for all to see though. Id always be trippin someone is going to try and snatch it from me! Its a helluva lot easier puttin that box in there without taking the seat out but I bet I took some tetris type shit to get it in. I had to take one of mine out and of course it was a pain in the ass.

How did you get that 4 ga in the terminals? You must have widdled it down or had some sort of reducer with an 8 ga banana plug or somethin, right? Anyhow it definately looks cool. They look like 2ga!

Looks like you inverted your subs quite bit on those systems. And youve had quite a few systems as well. Money.

Looking damn good Chop! The 4 guage speaker wire looks BEASTLY!! LOL! Hoping I get to give it a listen this evening if you guys are still gonna be out. BTW- I got my Deka 9A31 from a dealer downtown by the stadium for like just over $200. I know that you are on a budget but for a group 31 battery with a local warranty, that isn't bad. Just something to keep in mind for down the road. IAK BRO!!!!!!

Edited by chicagofan

Looking damn good Chop! The 4 guage speaker wire looks BEASTLY!! LOL! Hoping I get to give it a listen this evening if you guys are still gonna be out. BTW- I got my Deka 9A31 from a dealer downtown by the stadium for like just over $200. I know that you are on a budget but for a group 31 battery with a local warranty, that isn't bad. Just something to keep in mind for down the road. IAK BRO!!!!!!

thanks for the compliments.

I talked to those fellars before, at Deka.... parked across the street from there shop by the park, just over two years, so that was a given that i would be wandering in there.... lol

that was the very early stages of IAK and I was looking for sponsorships back then..... thought was trying to start a team..... found out that this way is cheaper and more achievable for now.

I will give em' a hollar when opportunity knocks....

rattlebox317

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

sorry i wasn't there morgan drama seth putting carter's name in his mouf.......... and you know how hot headed i am ...... so i went over there and his b*tch a$$ wouldn't come out so i coundn't stay out south im out east ... didn't knoww if the cherries and berries was looking for a brother .... but it looks damn good for what we was working with lol.....i hope it blowes the window out of that b*tch....most of all i hope you love it thats what matters145db baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hit you up later bro IAK

no problem bro! i have been stood up by the best of them before, I know how to take it, .....................................

it is more powerfull than i was prepared to give it credit for..... still got alot of tweaking to be done and the electrical issues are still there..... will not get to enjoy the full potential of this install till we get the power to back it....

so far the reviews have only been from Kim and Paul...

Kim was doing small hair tricks and said " DAD!!! your back wall, look at moving" shaking her head and smilling............ that was before we goofed up the radio, the dash flexed too much and knocked that broken dash kit everywhere... then i blew the interior fuse...ftl...

Paul seemed to be moderatly impressed by it and perhaps a little uncomfortable..... we drove to Prestons and back.......... I said well is it at least as loud as Steve's , he said he did not remeber yours that well but he also told me that his legs were "still vibrating" like the stereo was still on, ( we were in the house ) and he did not remember Mikey's making him feel that way.....

I played a few different tracks from our old Jeezy cd up at the Target.... ( nobody was out, thursday of course ) , i liked how Jezzy and Akon's Soul Sourvivor moved alot of air , everything moves and it seems to be alot to take in....

Thug Motivation is always a fun one to pull up for a test ........ it did not fail at all........ while there was distortion that easily heard it was easily my fault.... I had been listening with the accelarator pegged on the previuos songs and wanted to hear this one a few feet away.... without turning it down any I took a walk, ( toward the building ) and as the song progresses I was jittery to get to hear that bass drop like it does..... DAM...... at close to 75' away.... it was still doing the dam thing !!!

I turned quickly to my side in shock for i heard someone say " now that is crazy loud" a couple was walking by and I did not know they were standing there..... there was three other people outside of CiCi's door looking down that way..... so perhaps you can hear it quite a bit farther.... ( this is about 450' range or better )

bigrank916 ........... I use a set of strippers i have..... they have a 8 gauge setting so i firmly give it a few chops and it is good to go....

I really am thinking of dropping the sub in.... I have a little too much air space still and i am concerned of the thermal issues.... I still need to add the internal 45's and the internal bracing that was originally planned on being installed.....

Tetris with sub enclosures = FTW, ha ha

thanks for the input fellas,

chop

Looks good man (I would just test it with it dropped in and see if there is a noticeable difference and which every way fits your listening preferences more than keep it in that direction. 4 gauge wire "Your crazy man, Your crazy" - voice of Will Ferrell in Old School after being shot in the jugular with tranquilizer.

i didnt mean too stand you up.... didn't want to go to jail staying out south....... but that is a hell of a job we did be there at 5:30

IAK :peepwall:

a chop that is stupit load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for one 15" almost made me shit on myself lol lol

FTW

IAK

:finger: haters lol

fing05.gif it looks good and theif proof lol well unless yur a beast at steelin and just take the whole truck. well i g2g make your dinner . and no the cupcakes and cookies are not for tonight so yu and steve dont think about it.

lol..... i already stole one!!!!

this dude, gots skills!!!

theiving halloween cupcakes ftw!!!

still tweaking the installl .......... need a battery gennie

We gotta get together on one of my days off so I can get a demo :drink40:

I don't like it!

I am thinking the tunning is too high and a little too much air.

there is too many songs that are like 'off' to me, just not the right sound.

the coils are getting warm also.

thinking i should drop my tunning to 30hz. and loose about .5 cu.ft. of air...... i gotta have a little better sound.......... i think i might of got spoiled from mdizzle' s XCON and jdawg's Nightshade.

the electrical still is not done, so the amp is turned down.... i think the head unit has more to desire, very little control....

the IA LI's in chicagofans ride does a better job of delivering the lows also....

I am going to be trying to save up for some more mdf and at least a second battery until i can get a alt in there.

with all that said, it still manages to turn heads and give the ol' eardrum a run for it's money.....

just is not where i want it to be yet.

chop

What is it tuned to now, since you have heard two of your friend setups, one with Xcon and one with Nightshade (which do you prefer, reviews on both if you dont mind since those may be my future subs). I also see you went from multiple 12"s to a 15" now, what can you say about that (all I ever had were 12"s and a couple of 10''s before but 9 out of my 10 subs were 12"s and havent went any bigger). Thanks for any input.

chop, you are the man.

What is it tuned to now, since you have heard two of your friend setups, one with Xcon and one with Nightshade (which do you prefer, reviews on both if you dont mind since those may be my future subs). I also see you went from multiple 12"s to a 15" now, what can you say about that (all I ever had were 12"s and a couple of 10''s before but 9 out of my 10 subs were 12"s and havent went any bigger). Thanks for any input.

it is tuned to 35 hz.... it is said to have a fs of 24.5hz. , ........ i wanted to be loud, which it is, but it does not play the lows in a manner in which i am use to.

the Xcon still wanted more power... the SAZ-1500d definetly is a power horse but that 18" Xcon wantss even more.... I am old school in that 18"s were said to be sloppy...... ha ha ha , yeah right.... it does dam good at plating low notes.... the tried and true song, Bass I Love You is

represented beautifully.... the bass notes hit very loud and the lower ones, create quit the eye candy. the 18" SSA XCON has no problem being equall to a 12" subs reputation for tight accurate bass, only ou move aalot more air with this beast.... air, doors, roof panels, everything is moving, lol.

The Sundown Nightshade was a 12" sub, but let me tell you, the S.O.B. is bullet proof. With the right power behind it, wow, it does like magical sh*t to your music. the lows are very tight and the bass is crazy loud . We have played with it with some serious power going to it and it still just keeps wanging. I can only imagine the larger diameters and what thier output would be.

The 4 12"s we had in the F150 had more potential still. However for a cheaper brand , they did not disapoint me any. they were in dual prefab boxes stacked... needed a single enclosure speced out to thier needs....

uh, i guess by my experiances and todays technology the diameter is not a big issue...... cone area will equal more air being moved but it also matters more importantly having the right amount of air space and tunning with the right amount of power to back em up.

chop

chop, you are the man.

thanks you very much, sir.

not sure where the compliment stemed from,

but i'll take it! lol

chop