porkchop

chop's build log

guess i will go ahead and start the build log......

so, this is about where we decided I should be taken pictures,

most demo work was done before i got the cell phone out, no camera for a while yet.

took out the rear seats completly and made up some panels to replace the void.

have started some of the electrical upgrades as well as some basic deadening.

Image-9.jpg

Image-8.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Image-10.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-24.jpg

Image-25.jpg

Finally looks good so far, keep up with pics !! ;)

go chop go!!!

thanks fellars .......

hey i wanted to note that there is a "wrong" way to foam....... it is exactly how we did it!!! FTL :noob:

the thought process was to fill the areas super full, tape it off to avoid any big leaks and be done with it = FAIL :noob:

the foam needs that extra air and space to do it's thing......if you over fill the voids it will restict the air flow, it will expand, only to shrink and turn into some nasty liquid junk at the bottom of the cavity, :bull:

we have done this lots of times but always real slopy and just did not attempt to prevent the over flow spills....

little did i know, this is the way it should be done half ass at a time and sloppy..... lol. ......well lol now, anyway.

the foam needs the air...then it does great....let it dry then it is easy to remove... if it is a surface to be protected , tape it off using masking tape , go wild, let it dry then remove all the mess and tape....this will be FTW. :popcorn:

just wanted to throw that in there.....

will have completed pics of big three and the painted panels installed tomorrow..... :woot:

Mikey, big thanks for the door speakers... :drink40:

Steve, thanks for all the help..... :drink40:

Keep the pictures rolling. :)

thanks fellars .......

hey i wanted to note that there is a "wrong" way to foam....... it is exactly how we did it!!! FTL :noob:

the thought process was to fill the areas super full, tape it off to avoid any big leaks and be done with it = FAIL :noob:

the foam needs that extra air and space to do it's thing......if you over fill the voids it will restict the air flow, it will expand, only to shrink and turn into some nasty liquid junk at the bottom of the cavity, :bull:

we have done this lots of times but always real slopy and just did not attempt to prevent the over flow spills....

little did i know, this is the way it should be done half ass at a time and sloppy..... lol. ......well lol now, anyway.

the foam needs the air...then it does great....let it dry then it is easy to remove... if it is a surface to be protected , tape it off using masking tape , go wild, let it dry then remove all the mess and tape....this will be FTW. :popcorn:

just wanted to throw that in there.....

will have completed pics of big three and the painted panels installed tomorrow..... :woot:

Mikey, big thanks for the door speakers... :drink40:

Steve, thanks for all the help..... :drink40:

And wood haha. jk chop but no problem.

Looking good. I've screwed up some foam too, at least now you know what not to do lol. Keep pics coming.

hey thanks fellas.....

tomorrow we will get this box built.....

if so that will give me thursday to finish a little odds and ends , but gotta go get some ink done also....

then friday get it installed,

*yeabuddy* ( mty oldest daughter) is having a birthday party after the Halloween stuff saturday ....... so no work for that day!!!!

Sunday is church and family stuff....

so perhaps by monday some finished install pics and if i make myself go get the camera cord,

perhaps some videos!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ none of this is gauranteed, lol......

wood for new floor and panels = 3/4" plywood, 4' X 8'

wood for enclosure = 3/4" MDF, 4' X 7' & 4' X 2'

expanding foam used on all empty cells and voids

covered entire rear wall with peel and seal, for sound deadening as well as some of floor

bought a predrill and countersink combo set.

grabbed up some locktite, quick grab, heavy duty, construction adhesive

using 1 5/8" coarse threaded drywall screws

going to use the clear silicoln caulk we already have for all the joints

stay posted......

chop

Right on Chop! Hope I can get together with you soon and take a look at your handy work.......hopfully friday :popcorn:

That sounds like a plan just got to get it in motion, cant wait to see the finish project. Have you decided how your're gonna run your sub yet?

well, we got some more done today......

the day ended sorta in a bad frame of mind for me though...ftl

i ran into quite a few small problems that a little extra cash would of fixed....in which we have none!

so after several hours of compromise and innovation we progressed a little further...

i have temporarily backed out of some of my plans.... i will tear it out later and do some upgrading when the cash gats right,

i have gained quite the respect for the builds that are done right on here.... it takes skill, attention to detail, tools , supplies, and time.... and alot of it.

the advice i want to throw out there for today has aalready been said before.... you get what you pay for!

don't buy cheap tools... if it is a big bargin, it is a big rip off!!!

enough of the complaining... I am happy with it and i promise there are few out there done any cheaper..... I have not crossed the $300 dollar mark yet!!!

behind the seats are done.... box is done for now.... amp rack needs to be built and .............. hell it will be sorta done!

Image-30.jpg

Image-29.jpg

Image-28.jpg

Image-31.jpg

Good match with that paint. $300! Ya I think you got a lot of people beat on the low budget end of things. Is there any reason why you positioned the driver on one side of the box? Ive seen it a lot but I wonder why there isnt as many centered boxes. But, you are on your way man.

By the way, I seen the pic of you in the new Lucas Oil Stadium. You lucky SOB! Ive been a huge Colts fan since Peyton was drafted in 98 and I love their new stadium. Im guessing you are in construction by the hard hat! :D You were walking in the footsteps of greatness! :rockwoot:

That ring is pretty cool too. I always wanted a pinkie ring with just the horseshoe in diamonds. Then I could pull an Ed O'Neill from Dutch!!!

Nice work, how old is the kid? I'm ready for my daughter to start eating on her own and stuff. More pics!

Good match with that paint. $300! Ya I think you got a lot of people beat on the low budget end of things. Is there any reason why you positioned the driver on one side of the box? Ive seen it a lot but I wonder why there isnt as many centered boxes. But, you are on your way man.

By the way, I seen the pic of you in the new Lucas Oil Stadium. You lucky SOB! Ive been a huge Colts fan since Peyton was drafted in 98 and I love their new stadium. Im guessing you are in construction by the hard hat! :D You were walking in the footsteps of greatness! :rockwoot:

That ring is pretty cool too. I always wanted a pinkie ring with just the horseshoe in diamonds. Then I could pull an Ed O'Neill from Dutch!!!

I have high hopes that the port firing to the side will enable the enclosure to use the side wall of the truck to load off of.....

perhaps giving me just a little bit of an edge over firing it up into that floppy head liner. :shrug:

if you look through the other fabrication thread on this install... you will see that i was told not to fire into the port mouth ........

so , i moved the sub over the port wall, making it snake around to the port...

i did like a dozen different measurements.... then i just decided the hole goes..........................................here. lol

so we will see, i do not compete so no guidlines to follow or concerns of how i pressure a mic at a certain location..... yet anyway!

the stadium was awesome... 25 months out of 34 build time i was there.... got some great stories to tell of it... pm me if you want more pics and stories , i will be glad to share..... want a suvenior? hmmmmmm

oh and the ring was the actual Super Bowl ring.... felt like a Q- ball...... Manning was to cool for letting me wear it for a sec.... notice the shirt i had on, lol.... they thought it was great though...

chop

Nice work, how old is the kid? I'm ready for my daughter to start eating on her own and stuff. More pics!

Alex William is 6 weeks old........... he is our Grandbaby..... our baby will be turning 11 yrs. old Nov. 5th.

more pics tomorrow....... :popcorn:

chop

I have high hopes that the port firing to the side will enable the enclosure to use the side wall of the truck to load off of.....

perhaps giving me just a little bit of an edge over firing it up into that floppy head liner. :shrug:

if you look through the other fabrication thread on this install... you will see that i was told not to fire into the port mouth ........

so , i moved the sub over the port wall, making it snake around to the port...

i did like a dozen different measurements.... then i just decided the hole goes..........................................here. lol

so we will see, i do not compete so no guidlines to follow or concerns of how i pressure a mic at a certain location..... yet anyway!

the stadium was awesome... 25 months out of 34 build time i was there.... got some great stories to tell of it... pm me if you want more pics and stories , i will be glad to share..... want a suvenior? hmmmmmm

oh and the ring was the actual Super Bowl ring.... felt like a Q- ball...... Manning was to cool for letting me wear it for a sec.... notice the shirt i had on, lol.... they thought it was great though...

chop

You are the luckiest sob alive! I knew it! PM will be sent. I need more!

Measure 12 times...randomly put hole...here! Good stuff!

lol, you are crazy.....look forward to sharing some stories....

chop

not to jack my own thread, but wanted to mention that we threw the ol' pig skin around in the bowl before there was even a roof built.....

Looking good bro! You can't be mad at a build coming in at under the $300 mark--FTW!!

on a side note-I was fortunate enough to go see my BEARS in the season opener last year against the colts. Yeah, born and raised in indy for the most part but a bears fan since 82 (I was 10 when I started watching them/Walter Payton)

Sent pm but not sure if it made it. The message wouldnt disappear after I hit send. So who knows...

Hey chop, its your thread, do what ya like.

keep in mind that is with alot of side deals and trading around.....