sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

All of the D4 subs ordered during the pre-order period are by the door today. Tracking numbers will go out when they get picked up in a bit.

Still working through the D2s -- should finish them all tomorrow.

THANK YOU JACOB!!

You sent the email for delivery notification and tracking numbers yesterday and I never saw them (somehow) sayz they'll be here tomorrow. Thank you!

woot.gifwoot.gifwoot.gif

My SA-8's and SAZ-1500 arrived today!!!!

There's more motor than there is sub on these 'lil meanies! Thanks again Jacob, you're the best!

Well guys -- I am going to have alot more shipped today but STILL not all of them. Ran out of time.

I'll see if I can at least get the rest testing this weekend so they can for sure all finish up on Monday.

Hey guys, are those subs for specific purpose only like competition or are those just regular 8'' subs for every car ? I gotta ask cuz I'm thinking about 2 8's in my trunk and I'm starting to learn that Sundown Audio is quality stuff. I got 50.4 for speakers and I'm thinking if 2 of these 8's would run on 125.2 ? I don't want extreme bass, don't want my car to rattle or windshields to crack :P I'm thinking 2 8's will be more then enough to complete the sound, also I'm on budget so I was hoping I don't need huge amp and that 125.2 would suffice. And what is that choice of coils ? which one is the normal one :P

Hey guys, are those subs for specific purpose only like competition or are those just regular 8'' subs for every car ? I gotta ask cuz I'm thinking about 2 8's in my trunk and I'm starting to learn that Sundown Audio is quality stuff. I got 50.4 for speakers and I'm thinking if 2 of these 8's would run on 125.2 ? I don't want extreme bass, don't want my car to rattle or windshields to crack :P I'm thinking 2 8's will be more then enough to complete the sound, also I'm on budget so I was hoping I don't need huge amp and that 125.2 would suffice. And what is that choice of coils ? which one is the normal one :P

If you arent looking for anything too crazy you might think about the e8 v.2 . im sure that would be plenty for you and the presale starts soon i think if it hasnt already started.

Is that a different subwoofer ? if so what's the difference between these ?

Edit: Thx Eastman, I guess i'll move to the e8 v.2 thread as that's probably more what I had in mind. thx again.

Edited by toyopl

Is that a different subwoofer ? if so what's the difference between these ?

Edit: Thx Eastman, I guess i'll move to the e8 v.2 thread as that's probably more what I had in mind. thx again.

ya its Sundowns lower line 8. no problem!

Got both mine this morning. Sweeeet :santa:

Now I need to quit being lazy and drive into town to get some wood...

AQ 1200D will be here on the 24th. Also my birthday :)

Happy early birthday!!!

Same here on the MDF.... just can't get away though.... LOL

finally mine should be here on the 23rd. everything is ready to go exept install my xs battery in back. it will be here on the 24th. thanks sundown and SSA.

I should have the loudest crewcab silvy in texas! with all four seats remaining anyway.

Happy early birthday!!!

Just got back from Lowes. Is it just me or are wood prices going up?? 1 4x8 sheet was $27.84 + tax. I thought last time I bought some it was like $21 a sheet. + $15 in gas.. I hate living in BFE!

Here they are next to my AQ HDC3 10"

046tn.jpg

Building a cardboard template for the new box/ center console right now.

Cant wait to here these things.

Edited by popwarhomie

Here they are next to my AQ HDC3 10"

046tn.jpg

Building a cardboard template for the new box/ center console right now.

Cant wait to here these things.

Nice line-up

got mine today looks good But the dust cap is off center. doesn't bother me its going to be inverted .

Happy early birthday!!!

Just got back from Lowes. Is it just me or are wood prices going up?? 1 4x8 sheet was $27.84 + tax. I thought last time I bought some it was like $21 a sheet. + $15 in gas.. I hate living in BFE!

weird, when I bought my 3/4" back in December, It was only 25 bucks. Maybe there's an issue with distance from the distributor or something. Also inflation, but I don't think that it would go up that much very fast.

got mine today looks good But the dust cap is off center. doesn't bother me its going to be inverted .

100_2096.jpg

its not off much but enough to notice. ill have it in a box to day i will share the results when i get done.

How many r u using, Chris? Can't wait to hear the results!

Here is my revised, revised, revised version for the SA-8s

3 cubes net @ 33 hz and 4 SA-8s 010.jpg009.jpg

I put four in my Jeep in an old box we made a new top for Friday night (Justin came by and fixed that up for me)... MECA style @ the head-rest I did 145.5 dB @ 35 Hz with 860 watts clamped power total.

Pretty big box, though... around 4 cubes -- much larger than I would suggest.

sweet jacob!

Are there any music db results yet?