B7L|BL4Z3R

Dbl Bellys S10 Build.

so for some reason. lately it started to sound like crap. idk why either. it may be everything rattling but idk it just doesnt sound good to me the last couple of days. i have no clue what could have changed..

so.. i plan on ordering my deadener tomorrow. im not totally sure what brand to go with. i can get like 80 sq ft for 125 dollars of dynamat but i was looking at damplifier pro. damplifier pro seems pricey tho. is it really that big of a diff. plus how much do yo guys think it would take for an entire s10

well i figure i my as well do it all considering its not going to take much.. whos don?

The owner of the company, you really don't need to cover everything though. Email him and ask his advice, he's an EXTREMELY smart guy.

Funny about how many people are mixed on the subject.

I just emailed him a few days ago about the combined use of deadener, CCF, and MLV. For the use of SPL only, I was directed to instead reinforce the absorbent surfaces by any means necessary. The basic explanation is, it works for some and others it doesnt. Kinda of a crap shoot depending on the vehicle and how it responds individually, I guess. SQ is a horse of a different color.

:popcorn:

I was watching videos on youtube and alot of people put tennis balls in between their cab and their bed. have you guys ever seen this used?

I've seen it a lot.

what is the advantage to it. stopping the cab flex? fuck it they cant be too expensive ill buy some tomorrow and try it out.

They will help with the sheet metal flex on the back of the cab yes.

think its worth 17 dollars?

To me it would be, you should be able to find cheaper tennis balls too.

He also watches this forum, in particular deadening questions with good titles in the General section.

Others of us on here can help as well, but I would also HIGHLY recommend his products and methodology as it is science instead of marketing. :)

would it make a diff if i were to do my whole truck or would it be just a waste of money?

You must first determine what panels are resonating, There are many ways to stop a panel fron resonating. Any time you can brace something you are effectly Making that panel unable to carry the inertia of motion. If you can put a 2x4 on edge or angle iron as a center support on the back wall you will effectively cut the panel in half. changing the panels inertia, may I add more effectivly than probly 5 layers of dampener. I also use expanding foam to hold panels STILL, where possible.

Do you need do cover your WHOLE truck? NO in a short awsner. I would start by working on the worst areas first, AFTER all the bracing you can engineer. Remember a panel does not need to be covered, the dampener is like the 2x4 brace, in stop's the said inertia in the MIDDLE of the panel.

would it make a diff if i were to do my whole truck or would it be just a waste of money?

Definitely a waste of money. In particular if your goals are loud.

It is a bit of a science on what to do, but at the same time can be approximated rather easily. Covering more than 25% of the metal isn't going to help with further resonances. And remember for your application don't assume that all resonances are bad.

heyy bro loved both bulids were at in mi you liv i stay in flint, mi.

maybe one day we should meet up and shit!

so im not really satisfied with how my system sounds right now. not how loud it is but just the way it sounds. i think im going to build a new box. im not sure about how i am going to go at this so im looking for some ideas. i want to slant this box so the sub faces up more and i think i can get another inch or two out of the hight for more room. if i slant it i think i can make the bottom deeper too. i would like some anyone with a lot of box building experience to maybe chime in and give me a hand.