hpdrlr

SSD or Q 15's

I have a 98 Dodge Ram ext cab and I'm wondering which of the two mentioned subs would be better for me. Ill be pushing them with an Exile 2400.1 I listen to lot of rap and chopped n screwed music. The backseat is gone so I have plenty of room I just need to decide which of the two would better suit me

I have a 98 Dodge Ram ext cab and I'm wondering which of the two mentioned subs would be better for me. Ill be pushing them with an Exile 2400.1 I listen to lot of rap and chopped n screwed music. The backseat is gone so I have plenty of room I just need to decide which of the two would better suit me

please use the posting format so we can help u better

but ill throw this out there as a quick answer...

neither, if you looking to stick w/ fi, consider the BL OR BTL. (spl lines)

Need more information such as goals, what electrical upgrades have you done, what other equipment will be in the car and etc?

Well its a diesel so it has two batteries already gonna run 0 gauge cable to amp got a mb quart discus 4x125 for highs and polk db 6500 components up front and polk 6x9 in back just want it to hit lows real good don't really want to spend the money on BL or Btl don't really have enough amp either I'd like to get fi subs and for the money those are my two choices

Your not a Q buyer, and I don't think the SSD would get as loud as you want, you would much more enjoy the BL or BTL line.

You might even do better with just one BTL if you have a budget, but it's not sounding like you want a Q or SSD

Can you take a peak at the new member topics in my signature, they will help you shape your topic a little better so it can be much more effective in your search. :)

If you wanna get Loud with decent SQ then try an xcon. Is there a reason for wanting to go with fi only?

Well I was wanting a good sub at a good price I know the BL and the BTL are better and or louder but they also cost more as well. The only other choices I have in the price range are the Memphis C3 and Kicker CVX

Well I was wanting a good sub at a good price I know the BL and the BTL are better and or louder but they also cost more as well. The only other choices I have in the price range are the Memphis C3 and Kicker CVX

Better in what way? These drivers all have a different intended purpose, so the question is better for what, as in it depends on the goals of the install with in the budget allowed.

Not really sure why people are saying you are not a Q buyer, two of the 15's with BP power will handle that amp quite nicely, and Q's can absolutely crush the lows. I had two Q 15's on a 3000watt amp tuned to 31.5hz, really miss the system, wish I still had it. str8 up nasty! The BL and BTL are really more designed for higher powered more SPL oriented setups, the Q's IMO are the best in the line from Fi if you are looking to bang the lows and put between 1000-1500 watts to each woofer. And as it looks like you are in the power range and want to play music, why not use the most musical sub in their lineup designed for that amount of power?

Not really sure why people are saying you are not a Q buyer, two of the 15's with BP power will handle that amp quite nicely, and Q's can absolutely crush the lows. I had two Q 15's on a 3000watt amp tuned to 31.5hz, really miss the system, wish I still had it. str8 up nasty! The BL and BTL are really more designed for higher powered more SPL oriented setups, the Q's IMO are the best in the line from Fi if you are looking to bang the lows and put between 1000-1500 watts to each woofer. And as it looks like you are in the power range and want to play music, why not use the most musical sub in their lineup designed for that amount of power?

Hopefully your "opinion" doesn't get read by someone who doesn't know better as you will surely confuse them :(

The BTL will be LOUDER than the Q even in an extremely low power installation, you don't NEED a 3000w amp for either.

I know, I completely understand that, but the BTL costs twice as much and the OP already said he doesn't want to spend more than the cost of the Q's.

for the money, great woofer, won't steer you away from it. I do think Q's will hit the lows betters. a lot of getting what you want out of a system though is in the install, so remember we're really just talking "abilities" of these woofers, what the outcome actually will be is up to you. as the Q is designed to be the most musical woofer from Fi it's power handling is extended into the lower frequency range as that is where most ppl play their Q's and the reason for why I back your decision on going with them.

besides, I have used two Q's to reach near 150 on music out of my trunk, and Frankie Rio has used them in the past to reach levels of 160 db in his lexus, so not like they aren't capable of getting loud!