Sign in to follow this  
vial

Buzzing Vibration KICKER SUBS

Hello :D

Now I have two kicker CVX's In a 4 ft box that is 1 foot at the bottom and 6 inches across at he top and is one foot tall. Now how do i find out what it is tuned at ?

Also i keey hearing a Small Buzzing like vibration comming from the box. I Think it's the sub it self I just bought these subs and are new. This isnt the driver is it ? i mean i dont think it's coming from the capacitor or the amp that are screw down to the box. But it might be Or Do kicker subs just make this sound ?

My CVR's did the same thing but it was the Driver side sub. Now the sound comes from the passanger side.

I currently have my gain on my kicker 750.1 set so if you are looking at the sub the gain is dialed strait up to the top. The bass DB level is just pass pointing strait up IE North on the amp. The Xcrossover is at around 70-80 HZ and goes aslow as 50 on the dial. I belive i have my amp set peroperly.

Sorry if i sound like a noob I am still pretty new at the car audio.

To reclairify my box is 4 feet long by 12 inches deep at the bottom buy 6 inches deep at the top by 12 inches tall. Their is a devider in the middle of the box so each sub is in its own sealed compartment.

Edited by vial

It may be your box that is making the buzzing sound. If its a prefab box you will be much happier if you built one to the spec's of the subwoofer. It will make a world of difference

My Kicker CVX's never made that noise and I have had three different setups and 6 CVX's between the three. There is some other kind of issue. Give us box measurements besides 1 foot by whatever. We need height x width x depth, is your box sealed or ported?

Turn the bass boost off period on radio and amplifier.

It may be your box that is making the buzzing sound. If its a prefab box you will be much happier if you built one to the spec's of the subwoofer. It will make a world of difference

No its not a prefabed box It's one me and my cousin made. In the manual the CVX's declair a 1ftx1ft box for minimum sealed encloser.

I would asume 2 feet x 12inches at the bootem angled up to 6 inches at the top would = a 1ftx1ft box. I have a small area to work with due to my subs being in a single cab F150.

My Kicker CVX's never made that noise and I have had three different setups and 6 CVX's between the three. There is some other kind of issue. Give us box measurements besides 1 foot by whatever. We need height x width x depth, is your box sealed or ported?

Turn the bass boost off period on radio and amplifier.

height x width x depth

Height is 12 inches Width is 4 feet. Depth is 12 inches at the bottem and it is slanted to a 6 inch depth at the top.

and yes it is sealed. It's also sealed in the center of the box to make two seperate compartment's. one for each sub

Edited by vial

Check and make sure your box isn't falling apart. Or, that your box is rattling against anything.

Bass boost is baaaad.

ok... so how should i have my amp set ?

Bass boost is baaaad.

Head Unit Settings

Bass Boost/Exend = Off

Loud/Loundness = Off

Sub Level: + whatever yours goes up to minus a few whatever your preference

Bass = 0 or lower, whatever your preference

Amp Settings

Gain = Set with DMM, no more than 50-60% if you dont have one.

LPF = 100Hz or lower whatever your preference

Bass Boost = Off

SSF = 1-5 Hz lower than box tuning, or until subs start to reach its excursion level.

Bass boost is baaaad.

Head Unit Settings

Bass Boost/Exend = Off

Loud/Loundness = Off

Amp Settings

Bass Boost = Off

SSF = 1-5 Hz lower than box tuning, or until subs start to reach its excursion level.

You have this saved on your computer somewhere, don't you? :)

Naw, but I need to because I spend 30 minutes aday finding it for someone who asks this question. yYou just gave me an idea will save it now fing05.gif .

Bass boost is baaaad.

Head Unit Settings

Bass Boost/Exend = Off

Loud/Loundness = Off

Amp Settings

Bass Boost = Off

how do i know what my box is tuned to ?

i have gain set to about 60% is it bad to go higher ? seeing im running a zx750.1 to power two cvx's also is lpf= xcrossover on the amp ?

SSF ? i dont have this on my amp.

Head Unit Settings

Bass Boost/Exend = Off CHECK

Loud/Loundness = Off CHECK

Sub Level: + whatever yours goes up to minus a few whatever your preference +5 tp +7 out of 15

Bass = 0 or lower, whatever your preference CHECK

The tuning frequency is a calculation that includes net box volume, port area, and port length. There are various port calculators on the web or even on this site.

The tuning frequency is a calculation that includes net box volume, port area, and port length. There are various port calculators on the web or even on this site.

oh sweet Could you direct me to one please ? My box isnt ported :( its kinda small i didnt think it was good to port such a small enclosure.

Can't tune a sealed box.

oh sweet Could you direct me to one please ? My box isnt ported :( its kinda small i didnt think it was good to port such a small enclosure.

im working with 1.12793 cubic feet

acording to http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

how would i know my :suicide-santa:

You have a sealed box. It has an f3, but that's not the same thing as a tuning frequency in a ported box. Don't worry about the tuning frequency, and don't worry about the subsonic filter on the amp. You don't need it.

You have a sealed box. It has an f3, but that's not the same thing as a tuning frequency in a ported box. Don't worry about the tuning frequency, and don't worry about the subsonic filter on the amp. You don't need it.

ahh thanks ya :D

so i should turn the subsonic filter off on the amp ? -