sqfreak1127

Got My New Fi Q18! Got some questions!

alright, so i've seen this sub on youtube, did alot of research on it, and seemed like it was the best sub for me, like my username says, i'm an sq freak, i'll take sq over bass any day,but i love both so i'm getting 2 monoblocks, first let me say this sub looks amazing! & this sub is massive! its as big as the hubcaps on my car! anyways not to get off topic or anything, so i have the new JVC Bongiovi Accoustics Headunit, the thing is amazing, and has the best sound quality i've ever experienced! i am possibly getting a JL Audio 1000w monoblock amp, and a Hifonics Brutus 1600 monoblock amp, should i use just the JL to power it?, or use both amps and get a capacitor? i was also curious about the best amount of hertz for it to be tuned to for the best sq, i'm kinda new to this, so forgive me if my sub slang isnt so great-lol, should i get a ported or seal box? its a dual 1 ohm with bp power option, and did i mention i have a 1999 Izuzu Oasis van, so room isn't a problem. Thanks for looking, i hope to get some help on this, i will gladly appreciate it, thanks.

There is no reason to put both amplifiers on that sub. Not only is it ghetto but that sub is only 1000 watts RMS, so it will only handle one amp. I'd just use the JL.

You probably want a ported box, tuned to something like 30 hz.

yes buck the hifonics amp and use the JL one

sell the hifonics amp and use the money to buy wiring or something else you need.. like a battery.. not a capacitor

Edited by mbarber25

alright, so i've seen this sub on youtube, did alot of research on it, and seemed like it was the best sub for me, like my username says, i'm an sq freak, i'll take sq over bass any day,but i love both so i'm getting 2 monoblocks, first let me say this sub looks amazing! & this sub is massive! its as big as the hubcaps on my car! anyways not to get off topic or anything, so i have the new JVC Bongiovi Accoustics Headunit, the thing is amazing, and has the best sound quality i've ever experienced! i am possibly getting a JL Audio 1000w monoblock amp, and a Hifonics Brutus 1600 monoblock amp, should i use just the JL to power it?, or use both amps and get a capacitor? i was also curious about the best amount of hertz for it to be tuned to for the best sq, i'm kinda new to this, so forgive me if my sub slang isnt so great-lol, should i get a ported or seal box? its a dual 1 ohm with bp power option, and did i mention i have a 1999 Izuzu Oasis van, so room isn't a problem. Thanks for looking, i hope to get some help on this, i will gladly appreciate it, thanks.

i appreciate the help guys, and i just took my sub to a car audio place in my town, the guy told me that ficaraudio is a Chinese company, and the q doesn't even have good sound quality, and ecspecially the 18's, and he tried charging me 160 to make the recommended box, i think he just said that cuz he had a memphis audio shirt on. & i will prob sell the hifonics, but my friend said he will already give me a wiring kit with the jl, and he has like double 0 gage, hes a mechanic and works on mad cars, and races, and yeah my van is mad ghetto, lol my friends and i refer to it as the green machine, cause its green and for another reason, i prob shouldn't mention on here, and i spray painted the hubcaps with glossy black spray paint, so yeah its gonna look nice when everything gets hooked up, and i'm creative when it comes to this shit, so expect some good pics of it sometime soon.

I'm not 100% on this, but isn't the Fi Q (along with everything else by Fi) made in Nevada?

I'm not 100% on this, but isn't the Fi Q (along with everything else by Fi) made in Nevada?

Las Vegas Nevada :D

I thought it was funny that he told him it was a Chinese company and that it doesn't have good sound quality when it's made in Las Vegas and is a sound quality sub.

Yeah... Fi is a born and bred in america company. Whatever seller told you obviously just wanted you to buy his stuff instead. the company is based out of Las Vegas and has the best customer service i've ever seen. And great sound quality... especially with the Q's... it is their sound quality driver.

Just a salesman ripping on another company's product that he doesn't know so that he can try and sell his own stuff. Happens in basically every car audio shop.

I thought it was funny that he told him it was a Chinese company and that it doesn't have good sound quality when it's made in Las Vegas and is a sound quality sub.

What is even funnier though is talking about Sound Quality WITHOUT discussing a front stage. The sub isn't a very big piece of the puzzle if that is truly your goal. You need to spend WAY more time and money on the fronts for SQ. Perhaps a discussion of what is going up front would help. Most likely you won't need anywhere near 1000w to keep up, so either amp the gains would be near minimum. I'd sell the Hifonics junk though.

i appreciate the help guys, and i just took my sub to a car audio place in my town, the guy told me that ficaraudio is a Chinese company, and the q doesn't even have good sound quality, and ecspecially the 18's, and he tried charging me 160 to make the recommended box, i think he just said that cuz he had a memphis audio shirt on. & i will prob sell the hifonics, but my friend said he will already give me a wiring kit with the jl, and he has like double 0 gage, hes a mechanic and works on mad cars, and races, and yeah my van is mad ghetto, lol my friends and i refer to it as the green machine, cause its green and for another reason, i prob shouldn't mention on here, and i spray painted the hubcaps with glossy black spray paint, so yeah its gonna look nice when everything gets hooked up, and i'm creative when it comes to this shit, so expect some good pics of it sometime soon.

As far from a Chinese company as one could get...

We machine all of the stuff in house in Vegas :)..not your 'local' machine shop..we simply do it all ourselves because we can. :)

What is even funnier though is talking about Sound Quality WITHOUT discussing a front stage. The sub isn't a very big piece of the puzzle if that is truly your goal. You need to spend WAY more time and money on the fronts for SQ. Perhaps a discussion of what is going up front would help. Most likely you won't need anywhere near 1000w to keep up, so either amp the gains would be near minimum. I'd sell the Hifonics junk though.

Guess I'm under the misconception that Hifonics is good?

As far from a Chinese company as one could get...

We machine all of the stuff in house in Vegas :)..not your 'local' machine shop..we simply do it all ourselves because we can. :)

one of the most trusted car audio companies