slammedsilverado

slam's build (pic heavy)

well, to be honest, i just got finished looking through some of the build logs on here. and i can honestly say that, im a little disappointed in my build. this is really my first time doing everything w/o the help of my dad. hes not really around anymore, so i decided to try and tackle this by myself. ive caught alot of crap about how the box looks w/ fiberglass. i thought it was air bubbles at first to. but i didnt let the fleece harden completely, so it started sagging when the glass was kicking off. so its 100% air void free. i even sanded some down to make sure. i have 2 memphis mojo 10s going in it. i was going to run soundstream tarantula trx1500ds for it, but i decided to go with the 1000d and wire each sub to 1ohm. ill be getting a 1000 watts to each sub. anyway, enough rambling on, heres the pictures. be easy on me now haha. first time trying myself.

box is still not completely bondo'ed.

a while back

DSCI1154.jpg

DSCI1151.jpg

in truck

DSCI1145.jpg

1st time glassing

DSCI1182.jpg

in truck

DSCI1180.jpg

and i just did a quick mock up on my amp rack. im going to glass it to. just dont know how im wanting it to look like at the moment. should get more done tomorrow. i didnt really place it how i wanted, just put it in there to get a rough idea

DSCI1300-1.jpg

Edited by slammedsilverado

looks good not sure how comfortable it will be tho Ive been concidering redoing the center console box Ive got in my Silverado perhaps I can fit 2 mojo 10s in it I can do atleast 1 tho but Im more after SPL than looks so Ill be useing MDF or Birch

thats what i have. 2 mojo 10s. im using 3/4" MDF for the main portion of the box. just wanted to glass it to make it look good. i just need to finish it to see what it sounds like. oh, and on the comfort part. its just like riding with my arm on the center console. so it feels the same

Edited by slammedsilverado

Ive got 1 mojo 10 and another Mojo Motor Ill probably just stick with one since its not exacly my SPL ride more of a winter/ tow vehicle

not bad, but i would have added some cup holders. lol

haha. i was thinking about going all the way to the dash board. but i have some other plans for the truck.

got some more done. this was my first time bondoing. i need to sand ALOT more. and i just need to finish shaping it.

DSCI1308.jpg

DSCI1309.jpg

DSCI1311.jpg

are you going to be able to mount the bottom of the top subwoofer? it looks like ur ledge just slowly dissapeared at the bottom of the top hole.

Seems like its size would make it a bit uncomfortable, but I don't see anything worth anyone giving you a hard time about.... Remember, this is the internet... You could post pics of the most laid out Italian Sports car or a German luxury ride and someone would have something to nit pic about...

Or they really are trying to help...

I say, just take your time and enjoy the project...

If you don't like the way something come out and you have the time and money/Materials and a better game plane redo it...

Looks pretty cool so far to me...

The more time spent on prepping the enclosure (eg sanding, filler, and more sanding) the better the outcome will be in the end. I can't stress this enough... TAKE YOUR TIME. Looks good so far

Nice work, keep the pictures coming along. :)

Did you ever finish this build? The interior looks just like my truck and I was wondering how you finished the enclosure. Looks good so far!

nice looking box ! on the + side is it must be nice to see the subs working next to you while you drive.