jntar

Sub comparo???

hmmm... its good to see they arent trying to be biased

I'll have to look at that more...although I'm pretty set on the SS LMT beast being the next driver that I purchase in the coming future.

personally if I were nick or mike, I would not participate,

for an owner of a competitor to hold a comparison does not seem very unbiased

^^^

Yeah, there were some..."choice" words over on SIN about it :D

I guess it doesn't seem too unbiased, but I'm curious to see what the results will be. The ultimate way would be to have an independent lab test everything, but there aren't too many people out there that would commit to something of this scale.

1. No one-off BS prototypes or modified production woofers. We won't test it, it's not a production woofer and we won't be used as a catapualt for internet BS.

2. No drivers from individuals building 1-2 offs either.

Heh.

Oh Boy.

and we won't be used as a catapualt for internet BS.

Oops.

:lol2:

I love my '12a, don't get me wrong...but I'm going to be watching this one intently.

how ever the test comes out it is not going to change how I feel now

I'm with denim.....hard to take a competitor's comparo as unbiased no matter which way you slice it.

If he wants a true comparison, have each company pay a little to be involved and send them off to A2K or the Klippel labs for accurate, unbiased, factual testing.

I'd never send my sub to a competitor for testing......independent lab? Absolutely and in a heartbeat. Competitor? Nope. No matter how "unbiased" you try to be, you're always going to be biased if you have a vested interest in the results or the products of the test. That's why people are always overly defensive of products they own; be it subs, amps, cars, their house, etc etc.

I think that the IDMAX, even though an awesome sub, it might get a little more favor than most due to the eD ID connection

i agree about hte IDMAX eDuh connection...kinda biased right there.

also, the solo x?? against an w7, IDMAX and whatever other subs he has listed..off just 1200-1400wrms? and he's going to build a manufactores recommended box for each one?

nope..it's not biased at all......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

kent I doubt that they are going to make all those boxes

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me posting on here, this is the first time I've been to this forum. I just thought I could address some of your comments/notions.

I completely understand that you may think this will be biased, but all of the testing will be performed blind. The judges and the people taking measurements will have no idea what driver they're using.

For taking measurements and SPL numbers, there'll be about 2400 watts on tap. And more can easily be gained if necessary. For the listening tests, there'll be about 1400 watts but it will all be level matched and they won't be receiving all that power as it will be at normal music listening levels.

All of the subs will have a sealed and ported enclosure built to the specifications that the manufacturer requests for this particular test. There might be some overlap in designs which will help and also for sealed enclosures we might adjust Vb by simply adding something dense inside. But each sub will be in a box that is to the manu. specs. I assure you that Jeremy is not looking forward to building all those enclosures, but he does build enclosures on a regular basis often several a day so it's not a huge concern.

In reality, its a bunch of people that have been long time audio enthusiasts and jump at the opportunity to listen and handle all these great drivers. Its not meant to be a definitive answer to people's purchasing decisions, but can be used as an additive tool and to be informative. Take it for what its worth, there's nothing being hidden so you can draw your own conclusions based on all the info that will be provided.

- Luke

(damn, this place has a lot of smilies.:mario:)

Luke, thank you for your input, and welcome to the site, you should stay around and check out some of the topics on here,

I am very interested in the outcome, but it will not change my point of view on any of the subs included in the test, good luck with the test and we hope there are a ton of pictures taken

wow...from the way he described it...it seems like a rebadgeD version of what i was talking about doing here in SIN but that no one wanted to put into action...

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread...hlight=Thinking

The Cronies Lurk behind enemy lines

:lurk:

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me posting on here, this is the first time I've been to this forum.  I just thought I could address some of your comments/notions. 

I completely understand that you may think this will be biased, but all of the testing will be performed blind.  The judges and the people taking measurements will have no idea what driver they're using. 

For taking measurements and SPL numbers, there'll be about 2400 watts on tap.  And more can easily be gained if necessary.  For the listening tests, there'll be about 1400 watts but it will all be level matched and they won't be receiving all that power as it will be at normal music listening levels.

All of the subs will have a sealed and ported enclosure built to the specifications that the manufacturer requests for this particular test.  There might be some overlap in designs which will help and also for sealed enclosures we might adjust Vb by simply adding something dense inside.  But each sub will be in a box that is to the manu. specs.  I assure you that Jeremy is not looking forward to building all those enclosures, but he does build enclosures on a regular basis often several a day so it's not a huge concern.

In reality, its a bunch of people that have been long time audio enthusiasts and jump at the opportunity to listen and handle all these great drivers.  Its not meant to be a definitive answer to people's purchasing decisions, but can be used as an additive tool and to be informative.  Take it for what its worth, there's nothing being hidden so you can draw your own conclusions based on all the info that will be provided.

- Luke

(damn, this place has a lot of smilies.:mario:)

Problem with the whole thing is Ben and eD are involved. Take that out of the equation and more potential consumers will deem it reliable info. With the "competition" doing the testing, measuring, sponsoring, etc, there will never be able to be any definitive conclusions. I think many people will consider the tests tainted.

We were going to do one later on in the year like we did the 8 challenge...

But if they are really feeling giddy and want to go for it...by all means do it :)