Spencerk

Sound Bar vs. Bose 3-2-1

I am looking at getting a decent setup for a bedroom. I don't want wires everywhere and space is an issue, so i was looking at a sound bar or the Bose 3-2-1 setup. Does anyone know if either of these are any good? I don't know much about home audio, any input is greatly appreciated.

2chn stereo >>> marketing gimic focused on making ladies happy there aren't wires everywhere

2chn stereo >>> marketing gimic focused on making ladies happy there aren't wires everywhere

lmfao

Bose owns all. they're systems are A-MAZING probably some of the best ever.

good but :No:

ROFL. Blose sucks my left nut. Terrible for the money. TERRIBLE.

ROFL. Blose sucks my left nut. Terrible for the money. TERRIBLE.

No high and no lows it has got to be bose, well that was the saying back in the 90's

Blose, better sound through marketing. ;)

Have you ever owned bose m5? just out of curiosity.

I've had three roomates who did, I have done consulting work for them, and I have demo'd pretty much everything they make. ALWAYS a rip off. Even including their headphones. So yep. Have you ever owned anything worthwhile....oh, obviously not otherwise you wouldn't have thrown up that opinion earlier.

I've had three roomates who did, I have done consulting work for them, and I have demo'd pretty much everything they make. ALWAYS a rip off. Even including their headphones. So yep. Have you ever owned anything worthwhile....oh, obviously not otherwise you wouldn't have thrown up that opinion earlier.

Edited by Julian

if your choices are only as stated in the title, I would go with the bose 3-2-1 set up. I have heard both and would choose the bose. If you aren't limited to just those two choices, there's a ton of things out there i'm sure for you to look at...

no im not stuck on just those two items BUT I dont want to have wires and crap all over the room .......

There's a Samsung unit that isn't horrible. Although there's not much in the way of tweaking controls. Actually, there aren't any controls. You just plug it into your tv and hope you have a decent sounding output there.

HT-WS1

I hate top say it, I didn't like the Samsung soundbar at all. I hooked up a few of them at customers homes and there is very little output for what I was expecting.

If you're set on a soundbar or something with very little wiring, I'll second the Yamaha YSP soundbars. Also, Definitive Technologies makes a nice CLR speaker.

If I were to do anything, I'd rather do some nice towers up front and avoid the Bose speakers.

There's a Samsung unit that isn't horrible. Although there's not much in the way of tweaking controls. Actually, there aren't any controls. You just plug it into your tv and hope you have a decent sounding output there.

HT-WS1

Aahah is that the one with the wireless sub? My dad brought that home and I just laughed. He proceeded to bring it back.

no im not stuck on just those two items BUT I dont want to have wires and crap all over the room .......

Spending some time hiding wires may be a solution.

I was trying to stay under 1000 total I have a 7 series Samsung flat screen already, I just thru out the Samsung name bc I saw that they have the sound bar and I can hook it up to the optical out on the TV and control it all with one remote and they all match but im open to any ideas you guys have, I would even be down to make my own towers (if people do that)??? Can you still get good imaging with just a center, two nice towers and a sub?

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

I'd much rather just have two good towers I spent $1k on than any 5 channel compromise for the same money.

HT-WS1

Aahah is that the one with the wireless sub? My dad brought that home and I just laughed. He proceeded to bring it back.

Yah, that's the one. Its ok for what it is if you don't want anything more than just better sound from your TV. I mean, we're not expecting great results from an item that has no controls are we :santa:

Hae you ever compared a Bose system to a cheper system? Probly not because blose conpared to a system from yamaha, polk audio, or dare I say it Sony will sound fnominaly better than blose. Try it.

Sony will sound fnominaly better than blose. Try it.

:No:

I literally LOL'd.

Compared to lots of things and even to things at half the price they lose big time.