B-Rich

4 Fi X12's, short build log

Here is my install of 4 Fi X12's. Not any pics ome building the box, I was kinda in a hury but I have the finished product.

Installed in a 1990 GMC Sierra ext cab long box, KnuKonseptz 1/0 gauge wire from batt to dis block, 4 gauge from dis block to amp. All 8 gauge inside sub box (I know, it's over kill.), Box is 8.2 cu ft after all displacements, port is 6.5"x16.5"x19.5" deep, tuned to 33 hertz. I will be installing Pioneer 6x9's and a Kenwood amp that I have. The head unit is Kenwwod. The amp is Power Acoustiks "4000.1". All stock speakers for now.

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Looks good so far..just need to spray the port

where abouts are you located?? i live in Grand Rapids

Nice looking box. I'm sure they sound awesome.

Looks good so far..just need to spray the port

where abouts are you located?? i live in Grand Rapids

I was thinking of spraying the port sometime, I was just in a big hury to here the subs.

I live in Owosso, get on M21 and head east and your there.

I will post a vid sometime in the next couple days.

Not only is this truck very similar to mine but you have the exact same color scheme as I do! Blue and silver FTW! Same aftermarket kit on the dash too.

I like the design of the box. A lot more visually appealing than my 4 12's. How does it sound? Great work dude.

Sounds great, I thought it would hit harder than it does, no hair tricks or anything but it pounds pretty good. Thinking of upgrading to to some 12" Q's in the future, in the same box. I've got the Pioneer TS-D690R's hooked up to a Kenwood 500 watt amp in and they scream! I'll get some vids in later. I don't know how ***** ***** and all those guys handle those doors they make with all that treble, just the 6x9's i've got are ear piercing.

Sounds great, I thought it would hit harder than it does, no hair tricks or anything but it pounds pretty good. Thinking of upgrading to to some 12" Q's in the future, in the same box. I've got the Pioneer TS-D690R's hooked up to a Kenwood 500 watt amp in and they scream! I'll get some vids in later. I don't know how ***** ***** and all those guys handle those doors they make with all that treble, just the 6x9's i've got are ear piercing.

do yourself a favor and ditch the power akoustic amp and pick up a real 4000rms amp cause the akoustic isn't putting out close to 4000....also I'd get a high output alternator and do the big 3

do yourself a favor and ditch the power akoustic amp and pick up a real 4000rms amp cause the akoustic isn't putting out close to 4000....also I'd get a high output alternator and do the big 3

Please don't insult me by believing that I believe that the Power Acoustik amp really pushes 4000 watts. Do you think I would put 4000 watts to 1200 watt worth of sub? I bought the amp because it was cheap, not because it could push "4000" watts. This was kind of a budget build. I have all the wire to do the big three, I just don't find it necessary with only 1200 watts right now, and I do plan on getting a HO alt, I'm watching one on ebay right now...

The big 3 is good to do to a car regardless of what upgrades you made to the car. If I ever get a car and dont put a system in I will do the Big 3, just for the hell of it.

Please don't insult me by believing that I believe that the Power Acoustik amp really pushes 4000 watts. Do you think I would put 4000 watts to 1200 watt worth of sub? I bought the amp because it was cheap, not because it could push "4000" watts. This was kind of a budget build. I have all the wire to do the big three, I just don't find it necessary with only 1200 watts right now, and I do plan on getting a HO alt, I'm watching one on ebay right now...

Wait, the X series are 300 watts rms? Wow, I didn't know that...

Either way, great job, especially considering that you threw it together pretty quick.

Love the box design!

Right on :) Always nice to see what people end up doing with the subs.

Thanks,

Scott

Lots of output potential for the money right there. :)

I have yet to do an X in a ported configuration. People were sleeping on the little drivers. In a sealed configuration, they are very high on my SQ list. As long as output isn't your goal, you will be a happy camper!

Not sure if people were sleeping or the economy was different when we had them there and people looked past them. All that bought them were exceedingly happy with the performance. Given how fast the last of the Xs went (and oversold due to a site glitch) we are pulling out the gen 2 version of the motor from the dustpile and getting those going for 2010.

We will have options available for these and the motor looks like a mini-BTL. I was happy in testing the proto about a year and a half back... now with economy it seems a lower priced driver with solid performance makes sense.

Thanks,

Scott

Looks good man. What's it tuned to?

tuned to 33 hertz.

Love your box design! Install looks clean and well laid out!

I would recommend cutting the carpet out of your port.

Not sure if people were sleeping or the economy was different when we had them there and people looked past them. All that bought them were exceedingly happy with the performance. Given how fast the last of the Xs went (and oversold due to a site glitch) we are pulling out the gen 2 version of the motor from the dustpile and getting those going for 2010.

We will have options available for these and the motor looks like a mini-BTL. I was happy in testing the proto about a year and a half back... now with economy it seems a lower priced driver with solid performance makes sense.

Thanks,

Scott

Now that is good news!

Thanks,

Scott

Now that is good news!

Gotta make a thread on this, Im interested :popcorn: