smullen

Remote Gain Controls and Such??? Do you use'em or no

Goofy question I know, but my 100.4 just came in and I was admiring it... Tehn as I was looking at the lil knob that come with it, I had the thought that I don't normally adjust my gains or boosts after they are set...

Also, I don't really have a place or want to mount 2 knobs up front on the TrailBlazer when I get my system in and if I ever do get the system in teh Blazer, I sure don't want 6+ more little knobs up front there...

i think with those gain knobs for the 100.4 it is jsut a conviences thing! i don't use mine!

I'm pretty sure the remote gain, is only funtional when ch3&4 are configured to LP.

I dont use the gain controls in my car, just the sub volume on my deck.

However with my next install I will be using them.

But the next install I have 2 SAZ-3500D's and 2 SAX-100.4's planned.

I will only use the remote gain for my subwoofer amp but not on either of my interior speaker amps.

It doesn't make any sense to use remote gains with an amp hooked up to interior speakers. That's what the head unit volume is for. You really only need a remote gain for subs in order to adjust the level of the subs relative to the interior speakers so that you can turn the sub down without turning the interior speakers down, for instance. But nowadays many head units already have a level adjustment for the subwoofer RCA outputs, so you can adjust the sub level with the head unit.

I have both a 3000D and 100.4 gain remote knob flush mounted in the dash,..but only use the 3000D's knob..

the 100.4 knob is basically for looks

I'm pretty sure the remote gain, is only funtional when ch3&4 are configured to LP.

Correct !

But a remote with a clipping indicator on your sub amps is always a nice addition. PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!

Not when clipping indicators don't work. Use your ears, much better judge of stress on a driver.

As for the original question, I have no need for remote gain controls at all. Needing one IMO is a sign of an unbalanced system.

Well that settles it... Not using them...

well for me i will be using my remote gain in the future b/c i have little siblings, and older peoople who drive around with me and when listening to music the sub(s) will be over powering so it will be a curtasy thing to have remote in my car!