Gioia69

dd 9500 vs btl. who wins in output?

exactly what the title says. digital designs 9500 vs fi btl. who wins in an output competition? not who can take more wattage. which gets louder on a given amount of power? say 2k watts or something.

Totally up to the install.

okay fine. chevy tahoe, 8 cubes tuned to 30 hz. who wins?

a drop in comparison. same box same car same everything. just swapped subs. who wins

can anyone just grow a pair and answer my question without saying "its all in the install"? cuz i mean you could say that to literaly any situation. you could put a ported 18 in like a 1 cubic foot ported box and it probably wouldnt be as loud as a 12 in a 5 cubic foot box. im not gonna hold anyone to their answer. my friend just asked me which would be louder, so i figured id post something up on here and ask some more experienced people. someone just give me their best estimated answer. it doesnt matter if your wrong. just give me your best opinion.

there's a user doin over a 150 with a single 8 then there's people with 2 18s and several thousand watts of power doin just over a 150 too so

It's all in the INSTALL.

If anybody was a walking TL Meter than they could tell you but since nobody is not, we cant tell you. :bartmoon:

dude, that is sad no one will give you a straight up answer.

i tell you right now, hands down, the loudest sub would be the .............

:suicide-santa:

if an 8 vs a pair of 18s can produce the same reading on a pressure meter.... that that goes to show u that install matters greatly.

If i can compare a single 8 to a pair of 18s, imagine what it looks like when u compare 2 different subs of the same size...

if an 8 vs a pair of 18s can produce the same reading on a pressure meter.... that that goes to show u that install matters greatly.

If i can compare a single 8 to a pair of 18s, imagine what it looks like when u compare 2 different subs of the same size...

im talking about if you did a drop in comparison. say an 8 cube box tuned to 35 hz or somewhere along those lines. use one sub, take it out, drop the other one in, use it, and which one would be louder!!!!?!?!! and if it has to be a specific car, just say a tahoe.

It still doesnt matter what you tell us nobody will know, get the tahoe and both subs. Then test both subs and come back then tell us resultss of the experiment.

it doesnt matter if your wrong. just give me your best opinion.

If it doesn't matter if we're wrong, then why even ask the question?

Apparently nobody here has tested both subs. That's the only way you'll find out in a swap test. So let it go.

But I guess my opinion is the BTL, because I like its terminals better than the 9500's wire leads.

well, my opinion is different than KU40s but i'd also side with the BTL.

Why? Because if u wanted a 9500, u might as well get an AQ HDC3 for less than half the price of a 9500.

BTL i'm sure has more potential in terms of getting louder than an HDC3 can.

im talking about if you did a drop in comparison. say an 8 cube box tuned to 35 hz or somewhere along those lines. use one sub, take it out, drop the other one in, use it, and which one would be louder!!!!?!?!! and if it has to be a specific car, just say a tahoe.

Are you going to be competing or is this just for daily?

Are you going to be competing or is this just for daily?

neither lol. i have a BL now and im already set on the BTL for the future. id never buy a dd 9500, theyre way too pucking expensive. but me and my friend got a demo from a guy with some 9500s and he wanted to know how it would compare to the btl. so i said idk, lets post it up on the forum, those mofos know everything!

It still doesnt matter what you tell us nobody will know, get the tahoe and both subs. Then test both subs and come back then tell us resultss of the experiment.

ok. give me 20 grand for a tahoe, and then 5 grand for the system. thanks.

ok. give me 20 grand for a tahoe, and then 5 grand for the system. thanks.

Alright I got you, give me your information :trippy:

The difference for your application would likely be splitting hairs. Either are very capable and it's not like your pushing the power limits of either with 2KW.

It's like people who blow thousands on golf clubs thinking it'll help their game when a few months of lessons would likely actually make a difference.

People who do change their woofers a lot don't ask, they just buy and test. If you buy right you should lose much on flippping it afterwards and not end up paying too much to audition either.

post6as.gif Edited by DeepSubBoy

The difference for your application would likely be splitting hairs. Either are very capable and it's not like your pushing the power limits of either with 2KW.

It's like people who blow thousands on golf clubs thinking it'll help their game when a few months of lessons would likely actually make a difference.

People who do change their woofers a lot don't ask, they just buy and test. If you buy right you should lose much on flippping it afterwards and not end up paying too much to audition either.

yeah i figured itd be a pretty close comparison. im just trying to steer my buddy in the right direction and he wants to get as loud as he can get, so i figured id post it up on here and ask. ive been tellin him to get a btl this whole time actually just cuz im a fan of Fi and the reputation the BTL has and the fact that its under $500. cant really beat that.

there's a user doin over a 150 with a single 8 then there's people with 2 18s and several thousand watts of power doin just over a 150 too so

It's all in the INSTALL.

Hijack

Shizzzon could you direct me "where there's a user doin over a 150 with a single 8"

I would love to read as much as I can about the install

Spanks errr Thanks

It's all in the INSTALL.

Hijack

Shizzzon could you direct me "where there's a user doin over a 150 with a single 8"

I would love to read as much as I can about the install

Spanks errr Thanks