rustyoftulsa

Question of the day!!!

ok here is the question . Assuming everything is the same. Same car, enclosure built to the specs of the sub ect, ect....... which would sound better and why. A sub with a rms rating of 2000 watts with only 1000 wrms going to it or, a sub with a rms rating of 1000 watts with 1000 wrms going to it????????? hope to see if I'm right.

well double the power ~ = 3db on the meter.

but 1000rms is still 1000rms! the way the sub handles the power and the for a burp at a given tone how much the impedance rish and all that other fun stuff!

i guess all in all 1000rms is still 1000rms so they sound the same lol. but not really! pending on name brands and what not!

but lets say you are comparing a z15 to a nsv2! which one sounds better? the z15 due to how it is build but with a 15inch sub ported who cars how it sounds!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

ok here is the question . Assuming everything is the same. Same car, enclosure built to the specs of the sub ect, ect....... which would sound better and why. A sub with a rms rating of 2000 watts with only 1000 wrms going to it or, a sub with a rms rating of 1000 watts with 1000 wrms going to it????????? hope to see if I'm right.

Honestly it depends on the subs and if they are the same brand, plus a whole lot of other things.

well double the power ~ = 3db on the meter.

but 1000rms is still 1000rms! the way the sub handles the power and the for a burp at a given tone how much the impedance rish and all that other fun stuff!

i guess all in all 1000rms is still 1000rms so they sound the same lol.

but lets say you are comparing a z15 to a nsv2! which one sounds better? the z15 due to how it is build but with a 15inch sub ported who cars how it sounds!

I care how my 15" sounds in a ported enclosure.

Better? That is subjective and has NOTHING to do with power.

For example 1000 watts on a 15" Icon and 1000 watts on a 15" Xcon (same brand) ?

They are not the same subs, so it may be difficult to know which one will be louder.

Which one would be Better ? It's really another point, another problem! Better for what?

I will soon change my Icon for a Xcon : I'll let you know the results!

For example 1000 watts on a 15" Icon and 1000 watts on a 15" Xcon (same brand) ?

They are not the same subs, so it may be difficult to know which one will be louder.

Which one would be Better ? It's really another point, another problem! Better for what?

I will soon change my Icon for a Xcon : I'll let you know the results!

Usually on same brand subs (such as a Nightshade vs. Z series), the one that can handle more power than the other will be louder when comparing them on the same power level.

Better? That is subjective and has NOTHING to do with power.

Best answer yet.

You could have a sub that is a low end monster, or a high efficiency sub used for SPL use that is louder in the higher sub range.

Some people like deep low end bass(like myself), or some just want as loud as possible.

All personal preference.

so this guy posts and forgets to come back? lol! odd!

Unrelated still. Every brand could be different. Comparing two specific subs like above is possible, but again not for BETTER.

The question is NOT answerable and rather stupid in general. Amusingly it sounds like the OP is having an argument with someone and wants backup. They are both wrong, lol.

Unrelated still. Every brand could be different. Comparing two specific subs like above is possible, but again not for BETTER.

The question is NOT answerable and rather stupid in general. Amusingly it sounds like the OP is having an argument with someone and wants backup. They are both wrong, lol.

i just love these people who think they know sooooooo much and are so above they average guy that they cant answer a simple question and even go as far as to call the question stupid. thanks alot idiot!!!

i just love these people who think they know sooooooo much and are so above they average guy that they cant answer a simple question and even go as far as to call the question stupid. thanks alot idiot!!!

Well, the question *is* dumb, we're trying to get more info. What do you mean by better? Better lows? Better for competitions? Even still a hard question to answer, since the important part is the actual install. However, if you're trying to decide between the two, flip a coin. I guarantee you'll be very happy with either. I picked the single Xcon over a pair of Icons, my coin landed on heads. :drink40:

Asking what is BETTER is stupid unless you describe an application. It isn't about me knowing so much, but about the fact you can't read nor follow the posting guidelines you AGREED to when you joined the site. Had you done that, I guarantee the question wouldn't have been stupid and you would actually have gotten an answer. In just asking better though there is no answer and yes it is stupid. By the way alot is two words, a lot. ;)

okay common man we aren't in grade school!! and you are talking to an admin with super nature powers and intelect! lol! so don't be so fast to call someone an "idiot"

that isn't cool! :(