jalat

RF POWER T30001BD

Will this amp run @ 0.5 ohm daily with:

2 runs of positive in 1/0

4 runs of ground in 1/0 (to the frame)

Optima Yellow Top as starter batt

Batcap 2000 in the trunk

Stock alt (100A)

Has anybody ever run this amp @ a 0.5 ohm load?

Im sure it will but for how long? Rf amps are uber power hungry anyway so doing that is a little overboard and you are asking for a problem imo.

If the company doesn't cover it i wouldn't. you wouldn't want a Smokey surprise. However if you're burping and you know your impedance rise (if) i wouldn't worry about it. but you must know what you're doing. Also the amp has "soft protect"(basically like mute) and "hard protect" (shutdown, 8 sec cycle)

Edited by Julian

If the company doesn't cover it i wouldn't. you wouldn't want a Smokey surprise. However if you're burping and you know your impedance rise (if) i wouldn't worry about it. but you must know what you're doing. Also the amp has "soft protect"(basically like mute) and "hard protect" (shutdown, 8 sec cycle)

I plan on running a 15" Sundown Nightshade (v1) and its a dual 1 ohm.

Its either the t30001bd or a saz-2000d, but i want the amp to run @ 0.5 ohm.

Sundown doesn't cover .5 ohm loads on their amps anymore, i wouldn't risk frying a $500 amplifier.

Edited by Julian

Why ask if you still want to run it at 0.5 ohms, common sense would tell you run it that low and get an excellent electrical system and voltmeter. That is the only way to tell since every install is different and car acts different. Get the electrical you think is good enough and install it, if it doesnt hold up then buy some more.

Why ruin your equipment because you think running it that low will give you that extra umph when it wont, be smart and run equipment the way it should be. But if you insist then get a lot of electrical upgrades to back it up (those amps are already power hungry and would be stupid to run at .5 ohms).

Why ask if you still want to run it at 0.5 ohms, common sense would tell you run it that low and get an excellent electrical system and voltmeter. That is the only way to tell since every install is different and car acts different. Get the electrical you think is good enough and install it, if it doesnt hold up then buy some more.

Why ruin your equipment because you think running it that low will give you that extra umph when it wont, be smart and run equipment the way it should be. But if you insist then get a lot of electrical upgrades to back it up (those amps are already power hungry and would be stupid to run at .5 ohms).

A friend of mine has the exactly same electrical setup as me in a ford explorer and he has been running his AQ 2200d @ 0.5ohm daily and everyone said he couldnt.

1500rms isnt going to be enough for my liking.... thats why i wanna drop it down to 0.5 ohm.

Its hard finding an amp that will do good power @ 2 ohms (in Canada) without spending a shit load of money.

I can get either the Saz-2000D or T30001BD for $450

Agreed, the sundown already puts out 2000+ watts on a good electrical, if one isn't enough buy a second Saz-2000d. Trust me you don't want that surprise. It'll make a grown man cry. buy the Saz-2000d from db-r Linky Link Link 382+ shipping refurbished amp.

You can try it by all means, you just want to watch out and as soon as you drop it down below 1 ohm, its void of warrenty.

Edited by Julian

Get an Audiopipe AP3000.1D, they do 3000 watts at 2 ohms so does a Hifonics amp (cant remember the model number and name). There are amps man, you just gotta look for them. Also look at the Kicker ZX2500.1. For the money you spend on the electrical just to back up an amp at .5 ohms to run it safely can be used on buying the right equipment in the first place to run everything at 1 or 2 ohms. But it is your money and your install, nobody said it cant be done just not the smartest thing to do. Why run something where a manufacture doesnt warranty (yeah it can do it but for how long, maybe forever and maybe not). That is like getting a suv for going off-road but dont get the 4x4 option, nobody said it cant go off-road and it wont work just dont be surprised when something happens to it.

Hifonics BXi 2610D does 1700 watts at 2 ohms for $359.99 from sonicelextronix,

Jay-cee is probably trying to state an amp from the XXV line from hifonics. But yeah, get yourself a AP30001D, 3000 watts at 2 ohms bridged. But I would get a high output alternator though. That little thing you have isn't going to cut it. Your alternator is going to die in no time. Good luck to your buddy that is running his amp at .5 ohms daily on the same electrical.

Jay-cee is probably trying to state an amp from the XXV line from hifonics. But yeah, get yourself a AP30001D, 3000 watts at 2 ohms bridged. But I would get a high output alternator though. That little thing you have isn't going to cut it. Your alternator is going to die in no time. Good luck to your buddy that is running his amp at .5 ohms daily on the same electrical.

Yeah I was going for one of there higher lines (XXV), I think it is the Colossus or something along those lines. Thanks for clearing that up.

Get two 1500w amps and run one to each coil at 1 ohm or as suggested above buy an amp that makes the power at 2ohm.

If your friend is sending low voltage to his AQ it wont be making rated power for long. May fire up and play a note, but it wont be putting out rated watts if it keeps getting damaged by low voltage, then one day it will die with a poof.

Why risk it? If you are only burping go for it, but daily it will not last and that is why it's not covered by warranty.

Get two 1500w amps and run one to each coil at 1 ohm or as suggested above buy an amp that makes the power at 2ohm.

If your friend is sending low voltage to his AQ it wont be making rated power for long. May fire up and play a note, but it wont be putting out rated watts if it keeps getting damaged by low voltage, then one day it will die with a poof.

Why risk it? If you are only burping go for it, but daily it will not last and that is why it's not covered by warranty.

Or get two 1500 watt amps and strap them together for the power you need at 2 ohms.

Or get two 1500 watt amps and strap them together for the power you need at 2 ohms.

So many options, all better than .5 ohm. :drink40:

you could also buy another sub, or you can get your sub reconded to dual 2

Look on ebay for a old school memphis mojo amp. Does 2000 rms at 2ohms. I have one and I love it. The amp came out in 2003 or 2004 i believe

Buy 2 of the sundown 1500s and strap them together. This will give you over 3000 watts at 2 ohm.

I would recommend going with 2 of the 1000s strapped though. That should put out 2250-2500 watts which is perfect for that NS. 3kw+ on daily is too much.

Hifonics BXi 2610D does 1700 watts at 2 ohms for $359.99 from sonicelextronix,

its rated 1700 @ 2 ohms. it wont actually do 1700