Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

Single SSA XCON 12", Sundown 3KD power

That guy probably had his gains turned way down. Its probably possible but i wouldnt run that much power to a Xcon.

That guy probably had his gains turned way down. Its probably possible but i wouldnt run that much power to a Xcon.

This is why youtube videos arent good, because people will see it and you already know what that means that they will believe what they see (speaking in general so OP dont think it is directed at you). Under the right conditions, box, amplifier settings, head unit settings and volume knob control, etc. all play a roll in how much you can throw at a subwoofer. You also have to understand how long you can play it for, under what conditions and be able to see/hear/smell signs of stress on the woofer. But you dont have to run rated power or double the rated power to make the sub do what it is intended to do and perform the way it was intended to perform.

That looks like acex3a's Scion TC, and i'm sure it is. here's the link to his new Build log

Edited by Julian

That looks like acex3a's Scion TC, and i'm sure it is. here's the link to his new Build log

It is.

i recognized his sexy flawless amp rack :P

This is why youtube videos arent good, because people will see it and you already know what that means that they will believe what they see (speaking in general so OP dont think it is directed at you). Under the right conditions, box, amplifier settings, head unit settings and volume knob control, etc. all play a roll in how much you can throw at a subwoofer. You also have to understand how long you can play it for, under what conditions and be able to see/hear/smell signs of stress on the woofer. But you dont have to run rated power or double the rated power to make the sub do what it is intended to do and perform the way it was intended to perform.

No offense taken. That is why I ask questions, lol. I figured he probably had his gains set very modestly. The only reason I asked is be because of the common occurence of companys under rating their subs for noobs. IE the HDC3 will do more than twice rated. Was just curious. Thanks.

No offense taken. That is why I ask questions, lol. I figured he probably had his gains set very modestly. The only reason I asked is be because of the common occurence of companys under rating their subs for noobs. IE the HDC3 will do more than twice rated. Was just curious. Thanks.

Put an HCC3 in an incorrect enclosure and it won't handle half rated.

EXACTLY true

he was running around 2200 watts to that sub

doesn't mean it has to be at 1 ohm

he was running around 2200 watts to that sub

Did he put a clamp meter on the amp?

Yes there is some DAF dialed into all SSA drivers, but we do not suggest or support running over rms. It is better to under rate and lose a few sales, then over rate and deal with loads of recones.

thats the old setup. the sub is a D2 and it was at 1 ohm. but like everyone said gains were down not totally down but down. as u can see i dont got that single sub anymore :( but it was sweet

I think he decided to go with a used DP.