hardballer7

New system in Maxima

Vehicle is a '07 Nissan Maxima. Looking for some low end, and I'm workin with 4-4.5 ft^3. Last system was a pair of 12W7s on about 1250 watts. I listen to mostly rap. My goal is output greater than or equal to what I had. I'm not going for a SQ system, but I would like it to be relatively accurate. Amp will be Sundown 1K or 1.5K. Any suggestions?

Well. What is your maximum amount of money you want to spend?

x2, budget would help out greatly.

i'd go with either a Fi BL or a SSA Xcon. a 15" since an 18" would be a hassle and a half. or you could get a 10" or a 12" whatever you want obviously

you could go with either amp. but i suggest the SAZ-1000D. (cheaper and less electrical upgrades will be necessary. but if you want head room to add another sub or something etc. you could go with the 1500 as well)

but there are also other great subs out there. plenty of options.

next for me would be a Sundown woofer. this response is pretty biased lol but oh well.

Edited by mbarber25

Budget is about $1500. Mids/highs will be stock bose system which is pretty impressive for stock...

How about a single 15" AA Havoc? You will have plenty of room to tune it low and it would work well with the SAZ1500.

single nightshade 15 on a saz 1500d and be amazed

I think that the biggest problem is that the budget has to cover sub, amp, box, and install. I thought about the nightshade, but I don't know if it would fit into the budget...

With your space two 12's will be louder than a single 15", have higher power handling, and more cone area.

With your space two 12's will be louder than a single 15", have higher power handling, and more cone area.

I was thinkin bout that also.... and I would use a SAZ-1500D to power a pair of 12" icons or Q's.

I was thinkin bout that also.... and I would use a SAZ-1500D to power a pair of 12" icons or Q's.

What are your goals?

the goal is to have a system with output greater than/equal to my last system (a pair of 12W7s on 1250RMS), while sounding decent, and staying within my budget. I would prefer a box under 4.5 cubes @ 30-32hz. But I'm not opposed to going sealed.

i'd stick with a properly made/tuned ported enclosure for your subs if you want max output as opposed to sealed.

the goal is to have a system with output greater than/equal to my last system (a pair of 12W7s on 1250RMS), while sounding decent, and staying within my budget. I would prefer a box under 4.5 cubes @ 30-32hz. But I'm not opposed to going sealed.

do you still have the w7s? if you do i think youd be better off upgrading your electrical, getting more power, and building a more efficient box. those subs are very capable of getting louder than what you said they were before

do you still have the w7s? if you do i think youd be better off upgrading your electrical, getting more power, and building a more efficient box. those subs are very capable of getting louder than what you said they were before

I was pleased (VERY PLEASED) with the output from the w7's. I sold them with my old vehicle. I'm starting from scratch...:(

I was pleased (VERY PLEASED) with the output from the w7's. I sold them with my old vehicle. I'm starting from scratch...:(

do you have any electrical upgrades? and if you dont, would these possible upgrades have to fit into the $1500 budget?

do you have any electrical upgrades? and if you dont, would these possible upgrades have to fit into the $1500 budget?

As of now, the vehicle is completely stock. It's got an 8 speaker bose system that I'm ok with having for now. I was planning on using only the 1K or 1.5K amp so my electrical upgrades would not have to include a new alternator. If i could keep it under $1500 that would be awesome, but I understand that with this hobby prices can swell very quickly...

As of now, the vehicle is completely stock. It's got an 8 speaker bose system that I'm ok with having for now. I was planning on using only the 1K or 1.5K amp so my electrical upgrades would not have to include a new alternator. If i could keep it under $1500 that would be awesome, but I understand that with this hobby prices can swell very quickly...

I'l tell you what im about to hook my friend up with, because he has a similar budget to you, and i think this will outdo your old setup. 1 fully loaded 15" BTL shipped to your door approximately $500. AQ2200D, $350 shipped to your door. so bam, right off the bat, you got your sub and amp situation in the clear for $850. So that leaves $650 for electrical. for a 2K watt amp like that your gonna need 200+ amp alternator, which im guessing will run you around 400- 500 bucks maybe? then i'd say 2 optima yelowtops, cuz theyre fairly cheap around 80 bucks a pop, then a 0 gauge wiring kit which is like 200 bucks on sonicelectronix and some extra 0 guage for the big 3. so that puts you at around 1800, putting you 300 dollars over budget. if you dont wanna go over budget at all, i'd say roll with an AQ1200d instead, and just 1 yellowtop with no h/o alt, and a 4 guage kit, which would probably set you at 1000 bucks instead of 1800. but it all really depends how much you wanna bang. But a BTL on 1k watts is still going to be pretty loud in a maxima anyways. its all on how much you wanna spend.

EDIT: the reason i recommend the btl, is because i own a BL and am very pleased. i can only imagine the BTL to be fairly similar to the BL, and much much more.

Edited by Gioia69

I'l tell you what im about to hook my friend up with, because he has a similar budget to you, and i think this will outdo your old setup. 1 fully loaded 15" BTL shipped to your door approximately $500. AQ2200D, $350 shipped to your door. so bam, right off the bat, you got your sub and amp situation in the clear for $850. So that leaves $650 for electrical. for a 2K watt amp like that your gonna need 200+ amp alternator, which im guessing will run you around 400- 500 bucks maybe? then i'd say 2 optima yelowtops, cuz theyre fairly cheap around 80 bucks a pop, then a 0 gauge wiring kit which is like 200 bucks on sonicelectronix and some extra 0 guage for the big 3. so that puts you at around 1800, putting you 300 dollars over budget. if you dont wanna go over budget at all, i'd say roll with an AQ1200d instead, and just 1 yellowtop with no h/o alt, and a 4 guage kit, which would probably set you at 1000 bucks instead of 1800. but it all really depends how much you wanna bang. But a BTL on 1k watts is still going to be pretty loud in a maxima anyways. its all on how much you wanna spend.

EDIT: the reason i recommend the btl, is because i own a BL and am very pleased. i can only imagine the BTL to be fairly similar to the BL, and much much more.

where the hell are you getting yellow tops for 80 bucks? lol

I was curious about that myself...... but anyways, back to the topic. lol I'm just trying to get a good amount of output as economically as I can, without upgrading my alternator. As of right now the 3 options that I am considering are:

1 15" Icon in 4.0 cubes @ 30Hz on SAZ-1000D ( $579 + shipping)

2 12" Icons in 4.5 cubes @ 30Hz on SAZ-1500D ( $975 + shipping)

1 15" Xcon in 4.0 cubes @ 30Hz on SAZ-1500D ( $819 + shipping)

The first option seems to be the most budget friendly, especially since I can probably get away with no electrical upgrades whatsoever. Unfortunately, it would be the least loud... I'm thinkin that I may just have to save up for a little bit longer :)

O'Reiley's. idk if its a local chain or a big chain. its like auto zone only less gay.

EDIT: theyre only like 45 amp hours. idk why anyone would pay much more for them...

Edited by Gioia69

We have O Reiley's here in Dallas im going to have to check that out.

O'Reiley's. idk if its a local chain or a big chain. its like auto zone only less gay.

I've been to the O'Reilly by me and they want $220 for a yellow top and $190 for a red top...

lol i have been looking online for like 40 minutes and havnt found a yellow top for less than 140 brand new.

Edited by Brandon Daily

lol i have been looking online for like 40 minutes and havnt found a yellow top for less than 140 brand new.

lol.... i concur. I didn't even bother looking cuz that just sounded ridiculously low. If it's true, they aren't real optima batteries...