ambyrell1

loudest 15' sub

ummm... this is very hard to answer bc every car will be different and on top of that every install is different, and are we talking loud to the ear or loud on the TL...... WAY to many variables to take into consideration

Well I have a BL and as the name suggests i have done 144.1 46htz on in the back of a explorer on an Zapco 9.0x burped it at 26xx watts

Why do you want to know if I may ask ( if you are building a system lets us know you goals, and we could help much more easily)

with the 15 in bl i did a 145 @ 38hz on 1.5kwrms

The possibilities are endless. A single 18" can reach 180+ dB, set your sights high my brotha. :shrug:

not to get off topic, but what kind of car did you do that in Julian??

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

Why do you want to know if I may ask ( if you are building a system lets us know you goals, and we could help much more easily)

I'm building a single 15 setup, and want to get as loud as possible. It's going in a 93 Tercel, and can't find anyone that's ever built a system in a Tercel for reference.

If you want insane loudness, get either a 12" or a 18" Kicker solo-x. They may not be the bet speaker in the world, but they can reach a 170db easily even 180db if ur lucky.

What do you have for power, and will your electrcal be up to par for the power you're gonna run? What will your tuning be, what kinda music do you listen to?

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

electrical is a 320 amp alt, buying 2 D6500 batteries, for now amp will most likely be a AQX3500. box is tuned to 38hertz. i listen to rap, young jeezy, lil boosie

What's the loudest single 15' sub you've heard in a daily setup?

I've never even heard of a 15 foot sub. That is a hell of a big dog.

electrical is a 320 amp alt, buying 2 D6500 batteries, for now amp will most likely be a AQX3500. box is tuned to 38hertz. i listen to rap, young jeezy, lil boosie

So you already have a box, but aren't sharing the box volume? That is going to make whatever gets recommended an all out fail.

If you want insane loudness, get either a 12" or a 18" Kicker solo-x. They may not be the bet speaker in the world, but they can reach a 170db easily even 180db if ur lucky.

:No:

I really hope you were joking. :ehh:

What's the loudest single 15' sub you've heard in a daily setup?

I've never even heard of a 15 foot sub. That is a hell of a big dog.

So you already have a box, but aren't sharing the box volume? That is going to make whatever gets recommended an all out fail.

I wasn't asking for a recommendation on a sub i have one already! The question was what is the loudest single 15" daily setup you've heard.

I'm done with Kicker, JL, MTX all are way to expensive for what they are!

:noob:

noob :trippy: i'm just suggesting loud. I won't ever buy one i have a ssa xcon on the way, xcons are excellent for everyday listening, but if you want just spl insane loud solo-x's aren't bad, they are expensive though. I know someone who has two 12" solo-x's and his ears have bled twice already and hes only 21. I know hes an idiot but still impressive.

:No:

x2 :Doh:

Edited by DeepSubBoy

must you really, if your gonna try and make me feel bad atleast back up what your typing. So I can understand and learn, that what we are here for, to learn. right?

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

must you really, if your gonna try and make me feel bad atleast back up what your typing. So I can understand and learn, that what we are here for, to learn. right?

A lot more goes into getting loud than subwoofer choice, also there are cheaper subs that would outperform the Solo-X.

Well the last time I read about the solo-x was over a year ago when it was new to the market, and I read that it held the world record so I just figured. I didn't do a ton of research on it. I only do tons of research on what I am building, and I plan on keeping my hearing for a little while anyways lol.

I think DeepSubBoy made a time machine and a new account.