kendall64

ppi or precision power subs

im thinking about getting some ppi subs i have read that they have pretty good SQ for there price and i was just wondering if anyone knows if this is true? ive tried looking on youtube and other places but not alot of people have them or atleast they dont put them on the internet but if anyone knows anything about these subs please hit me up i would like to know more about them.. thanks

not too many people on this site are gonna know much about the subs that arent on this site. why dont u take a look at some of the stuff right here on this forum. you will most likely be much happier.

ok well i dont really want to spend alot but i would like it to sound clean and hit pretty good too. what would you suggest i get?

honestly just check out the ssa store, then check out fi car audio and i guarentee u can find something in your price range that will sound amazing. you could look into the fi q's or the ssa icon, sundowns sa-12...the list goes on but those are the top 3 in my head for great sounding and fairly loud. and i have personally owned the fi q 18" and it was loud as hell and sounded amazing.

alright thanx. post back and let us know what you chose.

not too many people on this site are gonna know much about the subs that arent on this site. why dont u take a look at some of the stuff right here on this forum. you will most likely be much happier.

How can you say if someone would be happier with something over another if you've no experience with the other product?

How can you say if someone would be happier with something over another if you've no experience with the other product?

x2 :noob:

Historically I am a PPI fan, but doubt I've heard what you are looking at...more detail would help though.

SQ for the price isn't a very easy description to make recommendations off of either, what are your goals?

i have a buddy who has 2 12" ppi pcx's in his extended cab 1500 and they dont sound very good at all...to me they were sloppy sounding. it could have been the install but according to him the box was built to the recommended specs, and it was all installed by a shop locally.

i have a buddy who has 2 12" ppi pcx's in his extended cab 1500 and they dont sound very good at all...to me they were sloppy sounding. it could have been the install but according to him the box was built to the recommended specs, and it was all installed by a shop locally.

Being built buy a local shop means nothing and built to recommended specs means nothing since most recommended specs arent good for optimal boxes especially in the mainstream world.

yes they are 60 bucks but they are supposed to be the sound quality line. and the shop that did the box is a pretty good shop, they put out quality boxes and installs not like the other shop in town lol...but like i said before it could very well be the box they are in.

yes they are 60 bucks but they are supposed to be the sound quality line. and the shop that did the box is a pretty good shop, they put out quality boxes and installs not like the other shop in town lol...but like i said before it could very well be the box they are in.

Image Dynamics make SQ subs, even just the entry level ID series subs run about $150ea, need I say more?

Here check this link out below and talk to this dude, one of the individuals on this site who currently has the subs. I have heard good setups with PPI equipment, there amps and speakers. Almost any sub put in the right enclosure and if you go ported tuned to your listening preference then your subs will sound good.

PPI subs build log

DEH-P600UB/BXi1208D/Infinity 475a/ABC600V/3-PPI PCX102's - SSA Car Audio Forum

Hard as it is for me to say this, I agree with the previous post.

Not only that, but the PCX line of subs from PPI are $60 subs. Need I say more?

Precision Power PPI PCX122 (PCX-122) 12" Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Image Dynamics make SQ subs, even just the entry level ID series subs run about $150ea, need I say more?

Here are rebadged ID12v3's for $80 shipped. Need I say more?

REF-TM12.4 - Image Dynamics 12" Dual 4 Ohm OEM Tidal Audio Subwoofer

Precision Power PPI PCX122 (PCX-122) 12" Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Yeah, you forgot to mention that those subs SQ wise sound more like the CTX line than the ID line. Need I say more? :woot:

sorry i havent bee able to get to my computer been busy but my goals are just to have a clean sounding system more sq. ive heard of ppi amps so i thought id check out there subs and read on there site that the sub are made to be sq. so i just thought i would ask on here to see if anyone has ever heard them in real life. ive looked on like youtube to try and get a better idea of how they sound but no sub one youtube really sounds that great..

are the subs in a sealed or ported box?

are the subs in a sealed or ported box?

imo ppi hasnt been worth a sh*t since directed picked them up. if u want something cheaper that sounds pretty damn good try the jbl gt5 series. i have a few sets layin around ( i pay 40$ per 10 and 45 for a 15) theyre built really well sound great and use a small enclosure

Being built buy a local shop means nothing and built to recommended specs means nothing since most recommended specs arent good for optimal boxes especially in the mainstream world.

I have to disagree here. A better term would be application, but there are several manufacturers who know their drivers very well and know what enclosures work with what application. JL comes to mind, as well as MTX to name a couple.

Yeah, you forgot to mention that those subs SQ wise sound more like the CTX line than the ID line. Need I say more? :woot:

Yes, say more because they are the EXACT same driver as the IDs.

I have to disagree here. A better term would be application, but there are several manufacturers who know their drivers very well and know what enclosures work with what application. JL comes to mind, as well as MTX to name a couple.

Thanks for the correction, I shouldnt of made it seem so blunt like all mainstream companies.

Yes, say more because they are the EXACT same driver as the IDs.

You know he won't comment. Funny since he has a pair, but SQ wise can't figure out how to get them to sound right either and they are really simple ones to get to work right. Quick to puke typed diarrhea on the internet though.