2000LaDe

Deer blasts the side of my truck

so ya at like 0 dark 30 on my way to drill this morning i was going down the road when i seen a deer run along the road parallel to me so i slowed down a bit to hopefully see it run the opposite direction. well it looked like it was just gonna run along the road but INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! i sped up to pass it and as soon as my headlights passed him goin like 55 it took a 90 degree turn straight into the side of my truck. WTF! thats all i was thinking i barely felt it and it must still be alive cuz there was no deer on the side of the road when i turned around.

sooo now ill more than likely not be able to make it down to SBN because of this shit since i have to now pay my deductable to get it fixed.

ok pics

106_0051.jpg

106_0052.jpg

i mean seriously STRAIGHT into it. i watched it turn and then looked into my mirror and watched it bounce off the back of my truck.

Hey man, it looks like a deer might have ran into the side of your truck.

deertruck.jpg

/photoshop funny

No but seriously that does suck. At least it's just the plastic doesn't look like any body damage. probably gave the deer a hell of a headache.

Damn that is tough.

so you eating deer meat tonight?

that bastard would be at the processor as of right now lol. but i doubt that killed it right away unless he went under the wheels

Edited by CaptinPower

called insurance today and i have no deductable on my truck for comprehensive!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!! stupid fuckin deer haha

Man, deer can muff a car up.

Ouch, hope it can get fixed quickly. :)

so the insurance guy came out to figure out how much its gonna cost to fix....... it came out to be $4742.20 WOWZA

so the insurance guy came out to figure out how much its gonna cost to fix....... it came out to be $4742.20 WOWZA

What!? It's just bolted on! Is he trying to get you to replace the while bed?

Umm.... yeah wow that's more than twice what I paid for my entire car, seems like a part that should be $75-$100 tops at a junkyard... maybe $100-300 new from a parts dealer... for almost 5 grand I would expect that sucker to be made out of solid gold with ruby inserts!

:bull:

HOLY SHIT!!! I do a lot of bodywork and that is plain outrageous!! I've replaced the flares on the dually and they were in the $1000 dollar range

any leftover money = car audio funds :peepwall: