sq_mgb

SQ_MGB's 2002 Chevy Reg cab build

Here is a teaser pic for my new console that's going in my truck. Hopefully the picture will show up since I'm new to posting pics. Looking forward to documenting the process for you guys.

gallery_7289_352_99207.jpg

Neat looking sub, tuned into this one.

It may take awhile to do the build.....this is a shot out my kitchen window.....Anyone know how to resize these pics so they aren't so BIG???? All I have is an iPhone for a camera.

gallery_7289_352_352741.jpg

Building the port.....I cut it to angle up to get the sub as low as possible between the seats......

gallery_7289_352_184321.jpg

gallery_7289_352_635041.jpg

gallery_7289_352_849488.jpg

And just in case anyone wonders what is under the car cover, it's a 1980 MGB LE hence the name SQ_MGB......It's getting redone after the truck. I'll try to get pics of that after I financially recover from this build. :trippy:

Didn't get to do much last night, but I did get some pics of what's going in the truck. As you can see, it's sort of an old school build. No fancy DSP, time alignment, yada yada....just simple cd player, preamp, crossover, amplifier, speaker. The extra 2.2HV is for the pics, the 1752 heatsink is being refinished and the circuit board is sitting on a shelf at the moment. Anyway....on with the pics!

This is the signal path......

gallery_7289_352_617256.jpg

Start here......

gallery_7289_352_626458.jpg

Then go here.......

gallery_7289_352_376937.jpg

Then here........

gallery_7289_352_157565.jpg

Another shot of the LP sweetness.......

gallery_7289_352_21344.jpg

That's all for electronics.....just a KISS system.....nothing fancy.....

More to come!

And now some shots of the speakers.....

gallery_7289_352_571315.jpg

The mids/highs.....this is a picture of the 8-tweet set that's going in the MGB, since the 6.5's are already in the truck.

gallery_7289_352_729069.jpg

The sub......

gallery_7289_352_193867.jpg

Another shot....just look at that pretty face!

gallery_7289_352_510958.jpg

That's all I have for now.... I have to make new mounting rings for the mids and mold the tweeters into the a-pillars so I'll try to get pictures of that as I get those things done. I won't be able to work on it until the weekend, so I won't have any more pics for a few days, but sometimes you have to live life you know?

Isobaric?

nice

where in MO are you located?

Loving the OS KISS set up.

I remember all that equipment and not being able to afford any of it at the time...lol! Nice list of old school stuff, I'l be watching this one :popcorn:

liberty, outside of Kansas city about 10 mins

liberty, outside of Kansas city about 10 mins

I think I bought a pair of RX-7 seats from a guy close to there. I remember it was just outside of KC, but that's been quite a while ago and I've slept since then. Maybe when I get this thing done we can meet up and compare vehicles. Those audioques should blow the roof of your ride.....I heard a couple of cars/trucks with those down here and they get stupid loud. Violent is the word that comes to mind.

Good luck with your build.....looking forward to hearing it one day.

For the people who remember the Blues speakers....they are in the process of being brought back to market if anyone is interested.

Got a little work done over the weekend....

gallery_7289_352_613088.jpg

gallery_7289_352_223656.jpg

gallery_7289_352_91666.jpg

gallery_7289_352_564175.jpg

gallery_7289_352_91268.jpg

The box looked a little long, so I made a brace......

gallery_7289_352_311721.jpg

gallery_7289_352_230219.jpg

gallery_7289_352_576201.jpg

gallery_7289_352_219308.jpg

Looking good! :)

Thanks Denim.....I just wish I had more time to work on it. I only get a couple of days out of the week and every other weekend because of other commitments, but she's coming along slowly but surely. Right now I'm trying to finalize the angle of the front of the box so that it looks "right." I drew several angles on the side and I'm trying to decide which one looks best. I tried to take a picture of the lines so I could post them up here and see what you guy's opinions were, but they didn't show up on the camera. My next thought was electrical tape, but I was running out of daylight so I figured I would wait until the weekend and see if I can squeeze out a few minutes to tape it up and snap a picture. I appreciate the comments, especially the ones who remember the old school stuff.

Wow, nice craftmanship. I am feeling very noobish :noob: right now, lol. That equipment is all before my time, and I have only heard about an isobaric enclosure before, never actually seen one. Keep up the good work man. Hope to see a vid of this when it is done.

Wow, nice craftmanship. I am feeling very noobish :noob: right now, lol. That equipment is all before my time, and I have only heard about an isobaric enclosure before, never actually seen one. Keep up the good work man. Hope to see a vid of this when it is done.

Thanks for the kind words.....I can't take credit for the brace idea since I saw the design somewhere else. I just thought it looked cool and that was my first attempt at making something like that. In hindsight, I wish I had made it a little thicker, but as it sits now without the sides on the box and a couple of pieces of mdf in the port for spacing and support, I can stand on the box and it doesn't bend. It should be plenty strong once the sides go on. I even went so far as to sand the primer/paint in the port with 1500 grit sandpaper to slick it up and make it as smooth as possible. I don't really think it'll make much difference, but who knows?

If you've never seen an isobaric box before, here's some pics of my TRISObaric box that'll really twist your noodle. I wish this one had worked out, but it ended up being too tall by the time I got enough space between the woofer and the floor of the truck. That's why I made the port for this one bend upwards and faced the woofer forward. Anywho, here's the pics of the triso box.

gallery_7289_352_229780.jpg

gallery_7289_352_218038.jpg

gallery_7289_352_502461.jpg

gallery_7289_352_433961.jpg

gallery_7289_352_443328.jpg

gallery_7289_352_513752.jpg

This is one of my "ways that won't work." I may try to cut part of this box off and fiberglass the hole and see if I can somehow salvage this box and use it someday, but right now it just sits in a corner of the garage waiting.....

this shit is one of the crazyiest setups iv ever seen good work can someone let me in on what kinda drivers they are??