Does anyone here know who makes Digital Design amplifiers, and are they worth the extra money?

Digital Designs makes Digital Design amplifiers, the owner is related to DJ at Audioque.

Smart ass :popcorn:

I think he was asking about the build house.

No idea, but I've heard a few good thing about them, but then again I havent heard much about them though.

no, not when you can get other amps just as good for a better price, sundown is only one example of many companies to choose from.

From what ive seen they are pretty good amps, and make good power, but they are pretty pricey.

Local guy burps his M3 at 1/8 ohm, I believe

if i remember right when i spoke to the owner in a car audio show in tulsa oklahoma, he is based of oklahoma city, and there is not a whole lot of dealers out there, most of them are in oklahoma, and i think like 2 in texas

they are amazing do! i heard there subs and components and they sound awsome!

im from okc and this is where the company is dd subs are really nice and i hear the amps are top notch too....

The amps are bulletproof, make lots of power, and have some pretty cool features. I LOVE the clip LED on the gain knob. lol

The woofers have a slight hollow sound to them though, which I can't really get over. I have heard some of the loudest DD systems ever built and they all have it.

But the amps make LOTS of power.

i had the big 4 channel from dd and it was ok. for the 500 i paid for it ...not worth it. it got super super hot running at 2ohm stereo on 2 sets of jl 6.5s on the front channel and 2 sets 5 1/4 on the rear. i got rid of it because of that and dd customer services blows sundowns nut! lol i sold my jl amps to get dd and now have sundown and will forever! theres no need to even try to contact jacob for service because u wont need it.

i had the big 4 channel from dd and it was ok. for the 500 i paid for it ...not worth it. it got super super hot running at 2ohm stereo on 2 sets of jl 6.5s on the front channel and 2 sets 5 1/4 on the rear. i got rid of it because of that and dd customer services blows sundowns nut! lol i sold my jl amps to get dd and now have sundown and will forever! theres no need to even try to contact jacob for service because u wont need it.

If your amps were getting hot then it was a voltage issue or impedence issue, or just pushing it too hard and probably clipping the amp.

The amps are bulletproof, make lots of power, and have some pretty cool features. I LOVE the clip LED on the gain knob. lol

The woofers have a slight hollow sound to them though, which I can't really get over. I have heard some of the loudest DD systems ever built and they all have it.

wait, the amps are bulletproof?

wait, the amps are bulletproof?

Bulletproof in the sense that they are very strongly built, and can take a beating. Kinda like the Sundown amps.

Unfortunately "worth" is a matter of perspective. Amplifiers are not really that important in the grand scheme of things, so I personally look for the most affordable amp that has the features, quality and power that I'm looking for. DD normally doesn't fall within that criteria for me personally. Others however may feel they are well worth any premium paid compared to more affordable amplifiers.