Kent535

Phatmat Vs. Dynomat & Other Brands

if it not butyl then it another type of rubber like your saying, but very similar to butyl.

yup i have heard the stories of elemental designs and their lies too there customers.

also a good reason not to support them too.

second point: i have laid down a base layer of a sound deaden-er then a thick mdf layer to stop vibration i bolted it to the frame. so that is a real true point that it is not the best for spl but we still use it go figure.

fat mat is butyl rubber ?

Fatmat is asphalt.

According to their website, they released a product called Mega Mat in 2009 which they claim is their first butyl product.

There is a lot of confusion because FatMat used to claim it was butyl when it wasn't. After a lengthy debate on one of the forums, the owner agreed to remove the word "butyl" from the site. Last time I checked, he was still using it on his eBay auctions. He also stated that asphalt was a superior vibration damper in many ways, but chose not to elaborate further. I've yet to see anyone selling a butyl product say it was asphalt :)

I have no clue why someone voted your post down Don, I evened it out.

I wouldn't buy anything from ED or Fatmat. Ever.

I have no clue why someone voted your post down Don, I evened it out.

Didn't even know there was such a thing :)

Don't worry about it. It's stupid, just like the rest of this thread.

Don't worry about it. It's stupid, just like the rest of this thread.

Indubitably.

Thank you for all the opinions

i made up my mind and will be ordering second skin

Will be ordering 120 Sq ft. of Damplifier as well as 10 sheets of Luxery Liner

Just out of curiosity, did you go to the SDS website and read his writeup's?

Thank you for all the opinions

i made up my mind and will be ordering second skin

Will be ordering 120 Sq ft. of Damplifier as well as 10 sheets of Luxery Liner

Just out of curiosity, did you go to the SDS website and read his writeup's?

If so, re-read it again. After the read, just buy direct from SDS. Better product, better service, and better results for the money.

*I'll also add that it is best to ignore sadistic's comments as they are never based in reality

if it not butyl then it another type of rubber like your saying, but very similar to butyl.

You are really trying hard to avoid admitting Fatmat is an inferior product made with inferior material, aren't you?

I would also recommend reconsidering the products offered by SDS. I would highly recommend Don's product offerings.

*I'll also add that it is best to ignore sadistic's comments as they are never based in reality

You are really trying hard to avoid admitting Fatmat is an inferior product made with inferior material, aren't you?

You two are killin' me! :popcorn:

*I am measuring my truck tomorrow and WILL be placing an order with Don. I suggest you do the same thing.

You think his posts are bad here, you should see them on the other boards where the intelligence quotient is quite lower.

You think his posts are bad here, you should see them on the other boards where the intelligence quotient is quite lower.

Link please :D

Hell, I cant even read his posts much less ignore them.