alexj01_83

Alpine PXA-H100 IMPRINT Audio Processor

Has any one here ever used one?? I was taking a look at it today. One thing i would like about it is i could put it in my trunk and only have the Ai-net cable running to the rear from my deck, and shorten up the rca's going to my amps, also it pushes the pre outs to 4v. It has an adjustable 5-band parametric or 7-band graphic equalizer. What is the difference between the two types of equalization? What i would really like to know is does the Multeq feature work well. Any info will be help full below is a link. Thank you.

PXA-H100 IMPRINT

Graphic Eqs let you adjust pre selected frequencies plus or minus. A Parametric eq lets you choose the frequency at with you wish to cut or gain and you can choose the Q value or width that you'd like to cut or gain.

I've installed imprint on a Customers vehicle and calibrated it and what not. It's cool how it works. Supposed to bring the soundstage up in front of you and it does that. It seems to lack in the bass however, but you can go and make changes to the multi-eq.

I never used the functions with the add on imprint alpine unit. I messed with all that stuff on a 9887 and it was cool, but I am under the impression that I personally rather own something with more funtionality like a rockford 360.2

Does the added functionality of it add to the overall complexity of using the 360.2??? I wish i knew of someone in fayetteville that was proficient in the setup of these things.

The IMPRINT is good for someone who doesn't have the time or knowledge to properly tune a system.

I personally would rather have something with more adjustability and functionality.

The IMPRINT is good for someone who doesn't have the time or knowledge to properly tune a system

Which is what makes it look so attractive to me. :wub:

The IMPRINT is good for someone who doesn't have the time or knowledge to properly tune a system

At least your honest ;)

Are you talking about this? This looks really cool, if you send it back in it's only 50 dollars to tune your system.

Are you talking about this? This looks really cool, if you send it back in it's only 50 dollars to tune your system.

no scroll back up.

No offense, but if you are planning to use this with the system laid out in your sig.......I wouldn't bother. There are a multitude of other things to focus on improving upon first if improving the quality of the sound is your goal.

That said; If you were planning on improving your system lay out and components at some point in the future then IMPRINT might be a worthwhile investment at that time.

No offense, but if you are planning to use this with the system laid out in your sig.......I wouldn't bother. There are a multitude of other things to focus on improving upon first if improving the quality of the sound is your goal.

That said; If you were planning on improving your system lay out and components at some point in the future then IMPRINT might be a worthwhile investment at that time.

No offense taken, I totally agree. :drink40: I was thinking of implementing the use of the imprint in my new setup.

Then a discussion of your new setup would help the response. In the install I heard the Imprint in, it made it sound worse but then again perhaps considering me the norm isn't logical.

Then a discussion of your new setup would help the response. In the install I heard the Imprint in, it made it sound worse but then again perhaps considering me the norm isn't logical.

Well, in my post sundown 100.4 setup I go a little more in depth about the front stage. When I first saw the imprint. I didn't really know much about passive, or active crossovers. Two or three way front stage setups. By no way do feel like a zen master, but after some research I think I pretty much have a mental grasp of the concept. At the time this post was just to get an idea about imprint from the people who had heard it, or have had the experience of setting it up. Had I of known it was going to lead to such a drastic change I would have tried to have keep it in one discussion.

I have the PXA-H100 and i love it. I like having the time correction, crossovers and EQ at my finger tips on my CDA-9886. I did buy the KTX-H100 Imprint for 30 bucks on ebay to try and it was a waste of money. NOT my taste, overrides all manual settings and SOUNDS TERRIBLE. So if you want alot more functions on your head unit so you can start to learn how to tune youself, Then buy the PXA-H100. DON'T waste your money on the KTX-H100.

I listen to my ZUNE mps3 player throuth the PXA-H100 and the "media expander" helps rebuilt the mp3 signal. Also I use a long AI-NET cable to place my DSP near the amps so I only use short RCAs.

I meant to Quote my last post. :noob:

Edited by j-roadtatts

I'm not very happy with mine right now. I didn't notice any difference with the supposed doubling of the 2v preouts to 4v, it was as if it stayed the same. It also does lack on bass response and I notice some hiss now. It does have time correction and the multiEQ works somewhat better than most loudness settings I have heard. The imprint only works in a completely quiet environment and you need to utilize every position which takes almost an hour (and thats with no interruptions), if you just do the two, you won't be happy. So more flexability than without it, but I am going to buy the H701, which has been highly recommended to me. I can't tell you how it is yet but research that, I think you will find that appealing!