owenmakenna

H O alternator

hey guys just curious about a H O alternater i found online. i wanna know if anyone has any knowledge of these or uses this alternator at all. also any suggestions for alternative alternators are welcomed. the set up i am going to run is 2 12' BL subs with a saz-2000d. looking at a xs power battery as well. i have already done the big three. here is a link to the alternator i was looking to buy. My link

you can check into these companies for good alternators as well: DC Power Inc, Mechman, Excessive Amperage, Iraggi, and Ohio Generator

Edited by mbarber25

Please use the search function

PowerBastards

also this is in the completely wrong forum. Mods please move/lock

Edited by Julian

I bought the same exact one about 6 months ago....its called the Fitzall 220, yeah well it didnt fit properly at all, i had 2 shops try to install it in a Nissan Pathfinder and if you know where the alternator is in a Nissan its underneath everything. But the guy i talked to was a total :tool: . I had to pay a restocking fee, he was very unprofessional.

you get what you pay for, i would definitely recommend saving up more money and looking into DC..

I bought the same exact one about 6 months ago....its called the Fitzall 220, yeah well it didnt fit properly at all, i had 2 shops try to install it in a Nissan Pathfinder and if you know where the alternator is in a Nissan its underneath everything. But the guy i talked to was a total :tool: . I had to pay a restocking fee, he was very unprofessional.

you get what you pay for, i would definitely recommend saving up more money and looking into DC..

ok thanks for the info. i already talked to someone at dc power and their products seem superior to what i was looking at with pwer bastards. dc is a little more expensive but i want quality not something cheap that dont fit.

Only alternator you need is a DC Power alternator...

They actually do power at idle where you actually need it...the rest of those simply do not do it. They might do 40 amps at idle and 300 amps at 4000 engine RPM's...which is exactly where you dont need it.

200 amps at idle is much more important.

They actually do power at idle where you actually need it...the rest of those simply do not do it. They might do 40 amps at idle and 300 amps at 4000 engine RPM's...which is exactly where you dont need it.

thanks nick! i really appreciate the educated info you provided. i will definitely go with dc power.

you can check into these companies for good alternators as well: DC Power Inc, Mechman, Excessive Amperage, Iraggi, and Ohio Generator

yeah i purchased 1 from excessive amperage (300 amp model) Running strong for almost a year and 3 months.

Edited by wrathcc

I dont know about 4,000 engine rpms, hehe.

Most alts like to reach max output on engine between 1800-2600rpm.

Anyone who makes an alt that doesn't peak on someone's vehicle til 4000rpm... or hell even at 3000rpm without the use of an underdrive pulley is 100% full of crap and should remove their company out of the alt business.

DC Power's customer support is unlike any other.

Who would publicly give out their personal cell phone number to the world to ensure that when a potential customer has any questions, they can call when they are not open?

Who ships 2day air for free even if has to be paid twice for item mismatch?

Who literally gives away free services and upgraded alts for free when 1 thing is missing\damaged?

Who fabricates custom brackets specifically for your car even if the bracket on your car broke and was your fault?

Who ships out replacement alts and lets you receive it WEEKS before sending back the wrong alt?

Who lets you make steady payments on an alt if you dont have the money up front?

Who talks the talks and walks the walk when proving idle output?

Who is concerned about their company's impression to the world so much that they will do ANYTHING to make it right for a customer regardless what it costs?

Who is this company?

DC Power Engineering

Anyone who makes an alt that doesn't peak on someone's vehicle til 4000rpm... or hell even at 3000rpm without the use of an underdrive pulley is 100% full of crap and should remove their company out of the alt business.

Who would publicly give out their personal cell phone number to the world to ensure that when a potential customer has any questions, they can call when they are not open?

Who literally gives away free services and upgraded alts for free when 1 thing is missing\damaged?

Who fabricates custom brackets specifically for your car even if the bracket on your car broke and was your fault?

Who ships out replacement alts and lets you receive it WEEKS before sending back the wrong alt?

Who lets you make steady payments on an alt if you dont have the money up front?

Who is concerned about their company's impression to the world so much that they will do ANYTHING to make it right for a customer regardless what it costs?

Who is this company?

DC Power Engineering

they let you make steady payments on an alternator? damn i am definitely getting one then this spring! :drink40:

Who is this company?

DC Power Engineering

I see what you did there. :ehh:

everything i mentioned is based upon stories that has happened in my area....

And to my buddy, lol, he's responsible for most of them, lmao.

They work with a customer one on one.

IF they feel that way about you then sure, they may let you make payments.

They like to work with people as a person rather than a figure in the world to make money off of.

everything i mentioned is based upon stories that has happened in my area....

And to my buddy, lol, he's responsible for most of them, lmao.

They work with a customer one on one.

IF they feel that way about you then sure, they may let you make payments.

They like to work with people as a person rather than a figure in the world to make money off of.

Well either way i am going to purchase a 275amp alt for my Nissan :ban2:

Damn guys I didnt know all that.

Not saying I dont like the performance of my Mechman but when I need one for my geo, it will have to be DC. Too much good stuff that I keep hearing about them.

Damn payments sound good! But unfortunately for me they dont make high output alty for my Altima, them, or pretty much anywhere. SUX!

Call Rob and tell him Phi sent you and he will tell you that he does have an alternator for your car. Their site is not uptodate. Plus, don't think that the payment plan is for everyone. Ask first. Don't take my word on it because I don't want people to say that "well I want to pay in payments" kinda deal because I was able to pay in payments. Different circumstances and different people. Rob will be the deciding factor.

I tried talking to Rob about setting up a vendor spot over here on SSA but he didn't say anything about it yet.

yea u know why, lol, too many people tryin to talk to him and no time to work.