ShagggDiesel

XCON 15" or Fi BL 15"

I'm trying to decide between a 15" SSA XCON or a Fi BL 15"... My goals are just SPL. SQ isn't a big enough concern to alter my decision. I will be running it in the trunk of a Grand Am in a 4^3ft(ish) ported box at 32 hz, off a memphis 16-st1000d for now at 1 ohm. I've got all my electrical ready.. Just trying to pick between these 2. I've never heard either one personally, so I'm looking for opinions on which would produce higher SPL in this situation.

If you have any other opinions on a differen't subwoofer, I'm open for those as well. :drink40:

P.S. BUDGET - 400$

Edited by Shag

Both of the ability to get loud IN THE RIGHT BOX. If you're looking for purely SPL, get the BL, or even a BTL.

Both of the ability to get loud IN THE RIGHT BOX. If you're looking for purely SPL, get the BL, or even a BTL.

the box is going to be plenty sufficiant for either sub. And the BTL is slightly over my budget for now. This is going to be my temporary SPL "fix" until I get a bigger vehicle.

Based on your goals, the BL will be an awesome choice. :)

sundownz has good sale on sundown Z-15 200 shipped i think.

Op: This is coming fro the maker of the XCON by the way:

Based on your goals, the BL will be an awesome choice. :)

sundownz has good sale on sundown Z-15 200 shipped i think.

x2, on this Sundown Z15 or Fi BL 15"

i'd get the BL (Although i'd love a pair of XCONS) But from experience i loved my BL i would tune it about ~35hz, at 30hz the lows were there but the upper bass was lacking.

Ok so I did some research on the Z15's... I can get 2 of these for 20$ more than I can get 1 Fi BL... (Z15 - 400$ shipped, Fi BL - 380$ shipped)A nyone recommend me doing this? I mean it's more cone area, and they seem to be some good subs.. If I got 2 of those as opposed to 1 BL I personally think It'd be better. Any advice?

They are not pure SPL subs, but for the money sounds like a great direction to take.

i'd get the BL (Although i'd love a pair of XCONS) But from experience i loved my BL i would tune it about ~35hz, at 30hz the lows were there but the upper bass was lacking.

I don't know about that dude, I have my BL at 29ish Hz and she goes up to the highs and down to the lows without a problem. 100-20Hz sweep is gnarly sounding.

Ok so I did some research on the Z15's... I can get 2 of these for 20$ more than I can get 1 Fi BL... (Z15 - 400$ shipped, Fi BL - 380$ shipped)A nyone recommend me doing this? I mean it's more cone area, and they seem to be some good subs.. If I got 2 of those as opposed to 1 BL I personally think It'd be better. Any advice?

If you go the Z15 route, you have more than just the 4 cubes you were talking about to work with, right?

If you go the Z15 route, you have more than just the 4 cubes you were talking about to work with, right?

He better hope so.

Z15's would a great choice as well. Just make sure you got the room for 2.

Did some measuing.. Not going to be able to make a sufficient box for 2 15's ported.. But just perfect for one 15. So I guess for now I'll just go with 1 Z15.