jcarter1885

XS Power Batteries for my application

All of the "S" series, or Steel Case 12v batteries are now up on the SSA store also. :fing34:

Not sure if MechMan still offers free shipping or not, but you may want to check here at SSA and see if they have any specials. Not trying to take away from MechMan, but I always think its good to support the forum since it is giving the members so already, but that is just MHO.

Thanks for throwing me under the bus after your the one that told me I could get the free shipping there.ohmy.gif LOL just kidding. Good to see the store got updated.wink.gif

Not sure if MechMan still offers free shipping or not, but you may want to check here at SSA and see if they have any specials. Not trying to take away from MechMan, but I always think its good to support the forum since it is giving the members so already, but that is just MHO.

Thanks for throwing me under the bus after your the one that told me I could get the free shipping there.ohmy.gif LOL just kidding. Good to see the store got updated.wink.gif

I told you to go to through mechman on a post here?

I told you to go to through mechman on a post here?

Nope, you told me over the Phone. No worrys just playin' with ya Nathan. Good to see the store on here has everything now.

Well, I learned something today.

AH = snake oil for the uninformed.

So, it's actually max amps we should be paying attention to? That goes against everything I read on the interweb. Damn I hate being a sheep.

Where would I find this number on my current battery? :peepwall:

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

All of the "S" series, or Steel Case 12v batteries are now up on the SSA store also. fing34.gif

Do these or don't these have a metal/steel case? Nathan tells me I'm wrong for saying they have a protective metal case, Denim says (and everywhere you read) the "s" series steel case????? I thought the "s" stood for "starting" battery? I am calling mechman and nathan tommarow anyways with other questions about BOTH batterys I got, but thought others might want to know on here? I definetly like just talking to people on the phone when I'm giving them a bunch of MY money.

All of the "S" series, or Steel Case 12v batteries are now up on the SSA store also. fing34.gif

Do these or don't these have a metal/steel case? Nathan tells me I'm wrong for saying they have a protective metal case, Denim says (and everywhere you read) the "s" series steel case????? I thought the "s" stood for "starting" battery? I am calling mechman and nathan tommarow anyways with other questions about BOTH batterys I got, but thought others might want to know on here? I definetly like just talking to people on the phone when I'm giving them a bunch of MY money.

If anyone is incorrect, it is probably me. But there is a chance it is both steel and starting, as you can see on the XS power site: Mobile Audio

All of the S version batteries except for the 3400 have steal protective cases. The S3400 only comes with the auto terminals and not the case. The rest of the S versions come with steal case and auto terminals.

Well, I learned something today.

AH = snake oil for the uninformed.

So, it's actually max amps we should be paying attention to? That goes against everything I read on the interweb. Damn I hate being a sheep.

Where would I find this number on my current battery? :peepwall:

Feel free to send your battery in and I will put it on the dyno for you and let you know what the ratings are.

Would it be possible to post up the fitment guide with the BCI group numbers?

We cant do that. It is application specific and the manual is huge.

Ohh, a download maybe?

Ohh, a download maybe?

What application do you need to know the BCI group for?

Ohh, a download maybe?

What application do you need to know the BCI group for?

I was thinking more for just general information. Having that kind of info is handy.

hey i don't know if you have seen this chart before but here you go!

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

I seen this chart maybe a year ago and when nathan mensioned something about a chart i though of this one!

and here is the original link!

http://www.4xspower.com/downloadables/xspower_flyer-left.jpg