masteryoda

Trunck car + SAE-1200= 148.11db

For the love of all the trunk cars!! been doing some testing and I am sure that people would love to know exactly what you can do with 1500 clamped watts in a trunk car!! all the equipment is in the trunk and total clamped power is 1440watts for a score of 148.11db!!enjoy the video!!

For the love of all the trunk cars!! been doing some testing and I am sure that people would love to know exactly what you can do with 1500 clamped watts in a trunk car!! all the equipment is in the trunk and total clamped power is 1440watts for a score of 148.11db!!enjoy the video!!

what subs, box, size ect???

That's why I love Sundown Audio

what subs, box, size ect???

x2

Very interested, as I have the same vehicle.

all I can say is TEST TEST TEST!! this car has been around for a while and now we pretty much just use it to do testing with! Thanks guys I am going to try to get up to 1800 watts and see what it will do? It would be great to see 150.00db with less then 3000 watts in a trunck car!

that's not how you measure wattage output from an amp!

How do you know that the Dmm and the Ammeter both peaked at the same time?

How? Prove it!

You can't!

Therefore the only way to do it with the equipment you have as best as possible is to eye both meters at the same time and take those numbers.

You should never set peak hold to measure watts or impedance rise, lol, it won't work.

Beast Mode and keep up the good work fellas. What sub(s) do you have?

How? Prove it!

You can't!

Therefore the only way to do it with the equipment you have as best as possible is to eye both meters at the same time and take those numbers.

You should never set peak hold to measure watts or impedance rise, lol, it won't work.

NSPL uses this method for the wattage classes. Therefore, it is the method we use to test. Right or wrong does not matter. We test the same way the organization does.

How? Prove it!

You can't!

This is a true statment! I currently do not have a power meter but do plan on getting one! this was done purely for an NSPL type event and that is how they do and was show for refrence only!

Here are so old pictures from when I ran the car before! we have mad some new changes with a new box but this thing can get loud!!

Picture002.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Was that 151.4 with the same setup?!?!!?

the 151.4 was with the set up in the pics and it was done with two bigger amps and three extra batteries at that time! I don't think I will need that much his time around!

Hi Master Yody,

When you hit 148.11db, whats your box volume and the size of the sub?

I hope you don't mind sharing.

Thanks.

i loved my sundowns and know their underrated, but something doesnt seem right.

1400w @ 3ohms??? from a 1200d

X2

Where do you see 3 ohms?

I have a yellow top in the trunk on the side of the box! if you can keep the voltage up they are verry strong amps! I am glad to see you did the math!! yes it was at 3 ohms!! I am sure there is much more left in the amp!! I may change the coils to see if I can get more power out of it!! :woot:

Where do you see 3 ohms?

did the math

I have a yellow top in the trunk on the side of the box! if you can keep the voltage up they are verry strong amps! I am glad to see you did the math!! yes it was at 3 ohms!! I am sure there is much more left in the amp!! I may change the coils to see if I can get more power out of it!! :woot:

what voltage your running them at?

my chargeing voltage is 14.4 volts but my voltage only drops to 13.2 this is durring burps only. I know that jacob has clamped 1800 or so out of a SAE-1200 so I might just see what I can get out of the amp and call it a day then step up to the 1500 and test with that then up again to the 2000! should make for some good test results to come! :woot:

I am running a single 15" sub and the box is the largest I could fit in the car! :trippy:

Which 15" are you using?