dub26z

kicker cvx or aq hdc3

:drink40: Which subwoofer would get louder and hit the lows the best?it will be 12 inch subwoofers running off the aq2200 watt amp?what speakers are more reliable?thanks ahead of time...

:drink40: Which subwoofer would get louder and hit the lows the best?it will be 12 inch subwoofers running off the aq2200 watt amp?what speakers are more reliable?thanks ahead of time...

i dont know much about the cvx series of kickers, but I have 2 buddies running hdc3's and both of them have never had problems. One has 2 12" hdc3's with a hifonics 2610 on them in blazer, subs up, port back tuned to 38hz and it sounds perfect. Then the other guy has 1 hdc3 15" running off hifonics 2610d in dakota sub up and port up, sounds awesome too. I know aq recommends higher tuning, but they still pick up the lows great

Edited by 07_ZX10

Don't think you can compare a cvx versus a HDC3.

I don't know if 2 cvx woofers can handle a AQ2200, because it puts out quite more then their RMS rating.

So i think the best choice would be 2 HDC3 twelves, so you have enough headroom and if u want to upgrade later, you just add a second AQ2200 or another amp.

In you're case you should better take the copper coil HDC3's because the copper coil subs sound a (bit) better.

(I know froim quite a few people that they handle 3k rms with the aluminium coil without problems.)

Edited by kirill007

Subwoofers can not be compared at all, they are made for different goals in mind so this is a useless thread. Read new member topic guidelines (comaprison threads are useless). The AQ can get loud and the CVX will do better on the lows, so it is a compromise which one you will want to go with (you cant have both, car audio is full of compromises).

Next time make a topic on helping you pick a sub that fits your: goals, sound preference, budget, enclosure size availability and so on.

Don't think you can compare a cvx versus a HDC3.

I don't know if 2 cvx woofers can handle a AQ2200, because it puts out quite more then their RMS rating.

So i think the best choice would be 2 HDC3 twelves, so you have enough headroom and if u want to upgrade later, you just add a second AQ2200 or another amp.

In you're case you should better take the copper coil HDC3's because the copper coil subs sound a (bit) better.

(I know froim quite a few people that they handle 3k rms with the aluminium coil without problems.)

Those subs could be put on a 3000watt amp if gains are set right and volume control is use wisely but would I do it no. If you get the AQ 2200D with the CVX's set your gains right with a DMM and you will be fine, just because an amp puts out 2200 watts doesnt mean it is doing it on a constant basis since music is dynamic (there is no problem with having head room). Head room will help some individuals keep from clipping there amp since some want to turn it up as loud as it can go.

trink40.gif Which subwoofer would get louder and hit the lows the best?

Sundown SA-12

Incriminator Audio LI-12, DR-12, DP-12

Sound Solutions Audio - ICON, XCON

Fi - BL, BTL

Just to name a few!

They will both generate sub bass frequencies. That's all you need to know.

im not a fan of kicker amything...ive heard a couple sets of the hdc3s and like em. my friend had a set of cvx 15s and he was always lookin for someone to buy them

why limit yourself between these 2 subs?

im not a fan of kicker amything...ive heard a couple sets of the hdc3s and like em. my friend had a set of cvx 15s and he was always lookin for someone to buy them

Why aren't you a fan of Kicker?

Kicker > AQ

Why exactly do you favor Kicker, over Audioque?

LOL!

Because AQ recommends 38 Hz. tuning and AQ says they still generate frequencies below 30 Hz. ;)

M5 just hates AQ. At least that's what I can tell from his post

I was actually making a point. The post above was ridiculous so I added the same ridiculous statement. Shows how the boner lies when everyone jumps on the AQ comment but not the Kicker.

On top of that the hate for Kicker is absurd. They make great products, of course not all but come on.

The one truth in it though is that AQ has nothing that interests me. The prey on little noobies who like loud and don't understand much. Absolutely nothing special about their products other than that they are designed for someone who generally is more into what I would call the fart cannon sound. Oh and it isn't that I don't like AQ, could care less, what I don't like is the non-deserved boner following.

Lol. I think their far from boner subs. Their inexpense and perform quite well. Not much of a SQ sub, but in the right box they can be decent. They are better sounding then my L5s I had a while back. If boner is the case you gotta list DC, Sundown, Fi, XS batteries, DC power, and etc. If you don't like the sub fine, but boner, sounds like a child trying to argue on why they don't like a particular company. I can say I don't care too much for Kicker, not their products, but just their yearly business model. That's a argument I can give, and state valid points with it. Boner just sounds immature IMO

Exactly what they are though, over hyped forum boner with a whole bunch of sucker noobs sucking on it.