apt

pretty bummed...

this is what i got in a g35, i believe stock alt is 90 amps:

xenon 100x2

zed deuce 800x1

rl-p d2 in 1.35 sealed box.

finally installed my rl-p d2. and i just love the way it sounds.

problem is... when i turn the volume halfway to where i want, my lights starts dimming already. i'm like wtf! my '91 mazda minivan had a better charging system! :faintthud:

i may have overshot a little by buying the zed deuce, but i didn't think it would be this bad. i'm so pissed i bought all this chit and can't even use it to its potential.

i've read that replacing the big 3 will help...but how much really?

i'm thinking of maybe porting...or worse, having to go with another brand that's more efficient. or maybe it's the amp that's inefficient.....i dunno. any suggestions?

Try out the big 3, see if that works

or you could replace the alternator do the big 3 and keep your equiptment...

You're crazy Apartment...

it's not the sub...it's the electrical. replacing the sub won't change anything. like undercover stated, start with an altenator and the big 3 (atleast the big 3 first, but u'll probably still need an alt.)

the problem lies in the amps...u might want to try a 4 channel u can run in trimode or maybe something like a memphis belle. ease the current draw the amps are demanding.

also a nice deep cycle battery (yellow top/red top at the least) will go along way in helping.

nice to see u like the rl-p!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

red top isnt deep cycle, just the blue/yellows

red top isnt deep cycle, just the blue/yellows

that's why i wrote yellow top/red top at the least...lol..

but it wasn't real clear..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea i agree with them but let me just say

I :wub: YOUR CAR

i know how you feel, i'm having somewhat of a similar problem with my SRT4. When i crank it up lights dimm and amp goes into protection mode but thats I don't always need it that loud so its not that annoying.

There is a group buy going on Exxcessive Amperage Alts on another forum, still alittle pricey, but would feed the Zed all it can handle. How do you like that amp?

There is a group buy going on Exxcessive Amperage  Alts on another forum, still alittle pricey, but would feed the Zed all it can handle.  How do you like that amp?

sorry for the O\T post.

what the hell is in your avatar? is it a fish in a fishtank, witha human pinky finger? :blink:

back O\T

try the big three. then if that dosnt work, scoop a new alt. maybe a battery. kinetik batteries are going real cheap if you know who to talk to. mine kicks ass. :fing34:

It look like a ..... to me

But its a fish tank, funky rock

thx for the input guys. will try big 3 next week, hopefully it'll help some.

finebar: the amp is awesome. the thing is built like a tank. don't have much to compare to, but it's def ballsy enough for me.

It look like a ..... to me

But its a fish tank, funky rock

looks like a hotdog..in a fish tank?

i know how you feel, i'm having somewhat of a similar problem with my SRT4. When i crank it up lights dimm and amp goes into protection mode but thats I don't always need it that loud so its not that annoying.

Your problem could be two things:

1) You need to do the Big 3, 2nd gen Neons have notoriously bad grounds.

2) You are clipping the amp, causing excessive current draw, and the amp to shutdown.

SRT-4's have big alternators compared to the rest of the Neon platform, something like 120-140A.