Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Hatchbacks

I'm looking for some suggestions on a new car, has to be american owned company, hatchback would be best, maybe a suv.

Nothing too big though nothing bigger than a Ford Explorer. Also two door would be great.

I could use some suggestions.

thank you

Julian

well since this is in the audio section, i'm assuming this is for audio purposes....

I've been told by 2 different world finalists that 4door suvs are louder than 2door.

Dont' ask me why, that's just their experience.

I've also been told that Explorers tend to be about the best suv to get when tryin to get loud.

Its all up to you at the end of the day but I always thought a ford escape would be a good car for audio. lots of parts out their for them and they are small, so that means less deadener, wire, air you have to move, etc... and lots of space if you wanted to run 2 15s or a big 10 cube box

yeah i'm trying to get loud but want a good daily car.

I was looking into a Scion TC but they're not made by an american company (grandfather worked for ford for many years)

any other vehicles good for daily and good for getting loud in?

and as in two doors i meant non suvs such as cars like Monte Carlos etc.

You know you have a problem when you make your vehicle purchases based on how well it will work with your system.

I'd stick with any Ford. Support the company that isn't on the government tit.

Edited by shakes

You know you have a problem when you make your vehicle purchases based on how well it will work with your system.

or an addiction ;)

or an addiction ;)

Yeah, I haven't had a system in many many years. I didn't really think much about it until I bought a Suburban for towing my cars. I was always seeing all the room in the back going to waste. Figured I might as well blow a bunch of money on a stereo for a truck I rarely drive.

if you're not really gonna limit the type of vehicle, i'd do this-

Decide on how much power you plan on running and how many alts u want.

Find a vehicle that can accept such an overhaul of an install especially if it's 2 or more alts required.

Scion tCs are easy to take apart and modify which is a plus for me since i own one.

Actually the entire Scion line is like that.

PS - Scion isn't effected by Toyota's recall either, hehe.

CRXs are a big car for car audio but... are small too.

extended cab trucks are also loud too.

If you can handle the price and are a big player in the car audio field, a Suburban can be had but isn't cheap.

If these aren't enough options, just start window shopping online.

If you want a no-wall setup, start finding vehicles that have acoustical advantages inside. Like you said, hatchback's are a great example of such.

if you're not really gonna limit the type of vehicle, i'd do this-

Decide on how much power you plan on running and how many alts u want.

Find a vehicle that can accept such an overhaul of an install especially if it's 2 or more alts required.

Scion tCs are easy to take apart and modify which is a plus for me since i own one.

Actually the entire Scion line is like that.

PS - Scion isn't effected by Toyota's recall either, hehe.

CRXs are a big car for car audio but... are small too.

extended cab trucks are also loud too.

If you can handle the price and are a big player in the car audio field, a Suburban can be had but isn't cheap.

If these aren't enough options, just start window shopping online.

If you want a no-wall setup, start finding vehicles that have acoustical advantages inside. Like you said, hatchback's are a great example of such.

i know for sure atleast 6k i have a 260 amp alt already and rob said he'd modify it to my next vehicle for around 50 bucks or so. i would love a tc but has to be American if i want part of it paid by my parents :(. so around 9-12k for is my price range

get a Ford focus , those are well build , and very suitable going really loud in a no wall situation

get a Ford focus , those are well build , and very suitable going really loud in a no wall situation

Unless he's looking at going used, the focus isn't made in a hatchback anymore. Which leads me to suggest a mazda 3 hatchback. mazda is kinda owned by ford, ford having 33%ish stake in mazda iirc, although that may be out of date. nevertheless they still share platforms with ford, and the mazda3 is basically a focus with a different body, better suspension and a different engine.

focus hatchbacks rock, and u can get them cheap. if u decide on a focus, get a zx3 2 door, hatchback 2003 or newer...they have the best factory sound deadener. i have my nightshade in mine, and nothing rattles except the license plate.

everything but a ford focus :P

I think they look quite ugly.

probably used would be best. it seems that american made cars really don't favor hatchbacks.

maybe that's why the europeans are crazy loud

probably used would be best. it seems that american made cars really don't favor hatchbacks.

:ohnoes9: lol

well if youre looking at used maybe the svt version of the focus could change your mind ;P tis what I drive.

It did not take too much to get my 1st gen explorer quite loud. :)

Ford Explorer 4dr FTW :woot:

explorer FTW!!

but really, where do you live? I got my explorer because I needed 4 wheel drive. I would literally be stranded in my house for quite some days without it. Is the gas mileage issue going to kill a SUV for your future car? Pick a few models and then ebay and craigslist it EVERY day. I found my 2004 explorer with 28,000 miles for $10,000. which is a gooood price. I mean, the car was so clean. Wire runs are nice and clear for some 0gauge to fit in =]

overall its a pretty easy car to do installs in.

and your grandfather should count mazda's as ford, as long as its pre 2010 that is. Mazda 3 hatchbacks are good cars for car purposes. haven't had any experiences with them in the car audio world.

if you wanna roll in style, how about the jaguar type x hatchbacks?? :drink40: very very nice vehicles

and to the focus guys up-top, how you like the european focus RS?

and have you guys ever seen/heard of/riden in/ driven the ford racing promotional Focus RS-8? it was at a sema show back in... 2003/2004?

a certain member on here with a killer rhyming screenname has...... :peepwall: hehe :woot:

Oh god i would give my right nut for the new 300hp euro rs focus.... not my left though, I've grown kinda fond of it. I've never seen one in person though. i do like all of the rs and st ones, hell all of the euro foci look better then what we get.

explorer FTW!!

but really, where do you live? I got my explorer because I needed 4 wheel drive. I would literally be stranded in my house for quite some days without it. Is the gas mileage issue going to kill a SUV for your future car? Pick a few models and then ebay and craigslist it EVERY day. I found my 2004 explorer with 28,000 miles for $10,000. which is a gooood price. I mean, the car was so clean. Wire runs are nice and clear for some 0gauge to fit in =]

overall its a pretty easy car to do installs in.

and your grandfather should count mazda's as ford, as long as its pre 2010 that is. Mazda 3 hatchbacks are good cars for car purposes. haven't had any experiences with them in the car audio world.

if you wanna roll in style, how about the jaguar type x hatchbacks?? :drink40: very very nice vehicles

That's what i've pretty much thought either a blazer or explorer.

Well he's deceased so.. you gotta understand lol

if you knew him you would know.

If time isn't an issue, you could wait for the new Ford Fiesta.

with a newer car im worried about is now a days they're (car companies) are putting car data through the factory head unit. and that's kinda a hassle to upgrade to another head unit etc etc.