quiet

New from Louisiana

Hello from louisiana.

I have been lurking here for a few weeks after being introduced to the forum by a friend. I doubt he is a member, he lurks alot. The main reason I am here is because of Sundowns SA-8, it seems to be an extremely impressive woofer and 8s have been my preference for woofers as long as I can remember. I have read most of the stickys you guys have posted and learned quite a bit from it, and I really like the way this forum is laid out. This seems to be the best audio forum I have seen and I would like to thank you guys for the effort put into making it what it is.

I do have a few questions for you guys as I would like to setup my system once, correctly and have it last for a long time with minimal maintenance.

Basic details

The truck it will be going in is 06 silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3 stock everything, daily driver no competitions.

Subs will be under the rear seat, in a mdf box made for whatever setup I go with.

I will be doing the big 3 before anything else, and see if I need a new battery and/or alternater after install.

I would like my system to perform well with any music, but specifically with Heavy Rock, Rap, and Country.

I want a well balanced system, nothing overpowering anything else.

I need some kind of rear fill, I have had frontstage only and hated it for normal daily listening.

I will be using factory speaker locations for midrange

Components I will most likely use

1 or 2 SA-8's (it will be sa8's just not sure how many)

saz1000d

saz 50.4

kenwood double din headunit not sure on model

Im not sure of what midrange speakers to go with for the front, in my last vehicle I had JL xr 6.5 components and really like them, but I dont plan on spending nearly that much on mids again. That is where my main question comes in.

My budget breaks down like this

$5-700 head unit

$5-800 subs and sub amp

$5-800 mids and amp

not putting a price on wires since I have most of what i need.

if anybody has some suggestions or crits on what I posted please let me know, and sorry for the novel.

Welcome

well 1st off welcome to the forum !

hope every one can help you has mush as they have helped me !

looks all to be a pretty good set up so far

in my opinion ( and this is just opinion cuz this is all gona really be based on ur preference )

i would do 2 of the sa-8 since ur budget is max $800 that would be around 500 for the amp and if you dont buy the 8's before the end of feb around 300 for 2 subs

and since the 50.4 amp is 400 then u will have around 400 left for ur components wish is good money for a good set has far as suggestions on them i would search the forum for suggestion ther are alot of good post on it and good suggestions

just wondering , what brand and size is ur power wire?

just wondering , what brand and size is ur power wire?

I just went check to see what I have, its about 60' total mixed brands but quality all 4ga. a couple 20'ish a couple 5' etc. I thought I had some 1/0 but I guess i was wrong, glad I went check I know i need to order some now. You have a good place to get wire?

knukonceptz.com

really good wire for cheap

Edited by ivan95m

i checked new, and they were out of 1/0 as far as I could tell.

Im in New Iberia, or 15minutes south of lafayette.

:wavey5:

Welcome to SSA. :)

If you want something "well balanced" I'd leave out the rear fill ;)

Good choice on drivers and amplifiers though!

Welcome to SSA. :)

If you want something "well balanced" I'd leave out the rear fill ;)

Good choice on drivers and amplifiers though!

thanks, im surprised it took that long for someone to say leave out the rear fill. I have had one truck with frontstage only and i liked it at higher volumes, but most of my listening is a low to mid levels and i found it just sounds funny without rear fill. or atleast it did in my truck crew cab taco. It may be different in this truck, but ill find out soon enough.

Edited by quiet

i checked new, and they were out of 1/0 as far as I could tell.

Im in New Iberia, or 15minutes south of lafayette.

Ah, my uncle lives in Lafayette. Quite a few others from Louisiana on here as well.

:WELCOME:

Came out good on my budget so far, I just need a midrange amp, wiring, and to glass a box.

$515 for Kenwood DDX812 and dash kit and wiring

$218 for the Preorder on 2 SA-8's

$340 for a SAZ1500D

$240 for Hertz HSK 165's

Edited by quiet

Welcome bro! it seems like you already know what you want and know some good info, perfect start!

thanks man, Im ready to start the install on all this stuff, cant wait for the boat with the sa8s to get here!!