Alright.. i ran into these things they call line drivers.. lol.. seem's pretty simple. rca's in then rca's out and bam.. higher voltage.. is it as straight forward as that? is there anything to watch out for? i see several brands including pheonix gold, rockford, hifonics and audiocontrol.. Do you guys use them? if so what are your thoughts? Just trying to get an idea of these things from all of you before i go out and buy one. cause so far its got my attention... :) thanks for any info you guys have.

I'm 99% sure you don't need one :)

Nice Bromo! Seconds behind you :)

I think if you have an older low voltage HU it would help, but most HU now days are good with regard to that.

You could fuck up your stuff if you are not carefull , so I would say walk away.

:P would have been a minute but I was debating on the number to put down.

:P would have been a minute but I was debating on the number to put down.

I was as well, I almost put 95% :)

Alright.. i ran into these things they call line drivers.. lol.. seem's pretty simple. rca's in then rca's out and bam.. higher voltage.. is it as straight forward as that? is there anything to watch out for? i see several brands including pheonix gold, rockford, hifonics and audiocontrol.. Do you guys use them? if so what are your thoughts? Just trying to get an idea of these things from all of you before i go out and buy one. cause so far its got my attention... :) thanks for any info you guys have.

Why do you think you need one?

Well.. i have 2 different head units.. 1 which is a cheaper alpine.. think the voltage on it is low. have another premier that i believe has 5volt out?? could be wrong, might be 6, who knows lol.. well i have swapped deck's on the same system before.. the premier with the higher output forced me to turn the amp down. brought alot more power out of the system where the alpine i had to crank it back up. Also ive had a few EQ's along time ago that supposivly upped the voltage and lead to alot cleaner power.. Just thought it couldn't hurt. but so many of you saying i should walk away.. I respect your opinions, you guys know your shit im sure. but what exactly makes you guys think that way, just so i can further understand and not recommend these to any friends of mine. I have a friend who has a cheap pioneer that im sure the voltage is low on it, thought this would be a great product for him and while i was at it order myself one..

If your headunit can supply enough voltage to your amplifier so that it can do power and not swamp or under utilize the input stage that is all you need. A good 2V headunit is WAY more than enough voltage for all real amplifiers so boosting it in between the headunit and amplifier will buy you nothing positive.

ok. good enough for me. appreciate it. :) ill be staying away from these little bastards :worthless:

is this considered the same family as digital bass enhancers.... like the epicenter?

what is the outlook or opinion of thier purpose or function?

i have not read too many good things about line drivers but man they seem to be a hot item to some folks, lol

The Epicenter boosts lower frequencies, much lower frequencies. Normally it only helps with poor and/or old recordings.

is it considered to be a semi user friendly piece of equipment?

can it be intergrated into a novice level install with minimal risk?

perhaps i could reword that to.........

could a dum ass like myself use one without screwing up his system?

Yes, you could use it just fine.

is it considered to be a semi user friendly piece of equipment?

can it be intergrated into a novice level install with minimal risk?

perhaps i could reword that to.........

could a dum ass like myself use one without screwing up his system?

I use mine fine, I have been on the fence with selling it (I even made a thread about it and then deleted it). To me it is a great little toy when used correctly and can make your system sound like shit when used wrong.