tejcurrent

2 21" Wardens

I got my 2 21" Wardens in last week, and they look amazing. I ordered through Vertex Audio, they were great to deal with and kept in touch well. I had the pleasure of talking to Nick and he was helpful, and courteous. It's really nice to hear a real person answer the phone.

Anyway, I'm going to be running the subs on an American Bass 1000.1 at 1 ohm, so give or take more than 10kw if I can keep imp. rise down. I have more alternators on the way, so for the time being I'm running the amp at 4 ohms, roughly 5kw. I just got things hooked up today and even on RMS these subs are performing great. They're every bit as loud as the 2 BTL 18s I had at 2 ohms a month or two ago. Not quite as loud as 4 btl 18s I had a little over a year ago, but with way less power and cone area they're very close (at least to the ear). They aren't at all broken in, but several people have commented on how good they sound compared to some previous setups.

I had a small fuse for my line driver give me a problem so I fixed it at Best Buy. The manager actually came out of the store (really cool guy) and sat in it. He told me he had done car audio for 16 years and that was the loudest thing he heard in his life. It obviously isn't breaking any records at the moment, but with the little bit of power they're getting these subs are doing much better than I anticipated (that's saying something).

10.jpg

09.jpg

The box is 15^3 net with 220sq inches of port, tuned to 36hz.

39.jpg

59.jpg

63.jpg

Here are a few vids. My camera hardly shows the flex at all, things have to move like crazy to show anything, but oh well.:

Some flex

Small bag trick, nothing is tuned yet

And driving down the highway trying to get some of that dash flex in there

I did not start a build log on this forum, but here is a link to one if anyone is interested: Build log link

It's hard to believe you only have 5K...

Wow.

Thanks. After some play time I can say these sound great, and get really loud on very little power. I've had numerous people tell me how loud this setup is, even compared to past setups with more power and cone area. I listen to a lot of rock/metal and I like the way these subs sound on everything.

There was a dropjaw show a few miles from my house, but when I got there the guy running the thing didn't know what I meant when I asked if they were using a termlab. :( I guess the noise ordinance in Myrtle Beach is so bad they didn't even have an audio competition. Hopefully I'll have my own termlab soon, otherwise I'll just go to a show to get metered once it's running full steam. My 4 220a alts came in, so as soon as I get my quad alt bracket finalized and machined out I'll be hooking those up and doubling the power.

Thanks. After some play time I can say these sound great, and get really loud on very little power. I've had numerous people tell me how loud this setup is, even compared to past setups with more power and cone area. I listen to a lot of rock/metal and I like the way these subs sound on everything.

There was a dropjaw show a few miles from my house, but when I got there the guy running the thing didn't know what I meant when I asked if they were using a termlab. :( I guess the noise ordinance in Myrtle Beach is so bad they didn't even have an audio competition. Hopefully I'll have my own termlab soon, otherwise I'll just go to a show to get metered once it's running full steam. My 4 220a alts came in, so as soon as I get my quad alt bracket finalized and machined out I'll be hooking those up and doubling the power.

:faintthud:

Thanks! Just a few pics of the bracket and alts, in case anyone is interested. I picked up the bolts to finish test fitting today, I just didn't have time. I'm hoping to get the test fitting done tomorrow so I can get it made and get some real power to these subs.

Alt7.jpg

Bracket10.jpg

Bracket11.jpg

great shat mang..... im a lil jealous!

I'd definitely compare it to the BTL as far as daily listening, it probably sounds a bit better. The box is tuned in-vehicle a bit higher, but this setup sounds more accurate with the same settings and more musical. Because of it's higher tuning it drops off below 30hz faster, but I really don't have much music below that anyway- I was shooting for higher numbers with this box too.

I can't honestly say if it's the build (this isn't as well built as the box for the btls imo) but with similar power these definitely sound louder than the 4 btl 18s I had.

It's not quite a fair comparison when you look at the price difference in my opinion though.

Hahaha big difference in price. Big boy bass will cost ya though!

BTL's arent big boy?

awesome setup ... subs look massive.

You make the alt bracket out of mdf to test fit? then getting one cut to match ??

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

The warden and the btl are in 2 totally different leagues in my opinion. The warden would compare more the the AA S M D sub or the DC Audio LVL 6.

Edited by Cthedinger

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

The warden and the btl are in 2 totally different leagues in my opinion. The warden would compare more the the AA S M D sub or the DC Audio LVL 6.

Didnt know that they made a level 6. Is it out yet for purchase?

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

But what would have a greater output? The Warden looks like a beast!

I've tried lookin' where to buy an SMD driver but no luck.. I cannot find it on SMD forum.

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

But what would have a greater output? The Warden looks like a beast!

I've tried lookin' where to buy an SMD driver but no luck.. I cannot find it on SMD forum.

Its on the AA site.

5450 Cameron St #104

Las Vegas NV 89118

Sales/Tech (702)476-8587

Dealer (702)379-4371

Fax (866)795-9972

Sales@AscendantAudio.com

Dealer@AscendantAudio.com

Operation Hours

Monday - Friday 8.30AM-5PM PST

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

:noob:

BTL's arent big boy?

compared to a warden?

LOL

:No: