tejcurrent

2 21" Wardens

Man thats awesome. That alt setup is sexy. Seeing the voltage stay above 14 is incredible. Cameras never do systems justice so I know that flex is way more than what the video is showing. Keep up the great work.

Man thats awesome. That alt setup is sexy. Seeing the voltage stay above 14 is incredible. Cameras never do systems justice so I know that flex is way more than what the video is showing. Keep up the great work.

Thanks so much. I've been trying to find a girl to help me with a hair trick, unfortunately when my wife is around she has the babies with her and I don't want to turn things up with them nearby. I'm excited to meter again to see what sort of gain there was from turning things up, I know these subs can take an awful lot more power than I'm able to give them for comps.

My old camera captured the flex really well, and the speakers sounded drowned out by the bass. My new camera is completely opposite, it records sound better but shows very little flex. Thanks again.

Here are my new flat black alts with matching flat black bracket:

tejcurrent_ad244_2.jpg

tejcurrent_ad244_3.jpg

quad5.jpg

quad2.jpg

quad4.jpg

quad1.jpg

quad3.jpg

I stopped by a local shop, and long story short there were a dozen people there by the time I left. I turned my gain up more to allow for my voltage to fluctuate in the 14-14.5v range on really bass-heavy songs. I'm getting some nice movement from the subs now, honestly the more power I give these susbs the more I like them. I was going to post a few vids and my camera died, I'll make some more Monday or Tuesday.

I like the flat black look of the alts rather than the other colors and finshes you can get for them, keep up the good work dude :captain:

beautiful work.

AWESOME ! :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Thank you!

I like the flat black look of the alts rather than the other colors and finshes you can get for them, keep up the good work dude :captain:

Thanks again, I'll probably only ever sell them as plain or black powder coating, I really don't like a bunch of colors. I'm actually working on some aluminum pulleys right now, should clean it up just a bit more and go better with the black.

when can i get a demo??? i got 2 breaks in between class on Mondays and Wednesdays

when can i get a demo??? i got 2 breaks in between class on Mondays and Wednesdays

Either day is good for me, though depending on how things work out I may be testing out the dual/triple bracket on my truck by then, so it may be a bit turned down. Hopefully I'll have the quad kit back on by then.

DO you know when to stop turning up the gain?

Because i wouldn't want to see those subs go up in smoke. :(

DO you know when to stop turning up the gain?

Because i wouldn't want to see those subs go up in smoke. :(

Well I don't have an O-scope and there isn't one located less than 1.5-2 hours away so it's not exact, but I get by. When matching the output voltage of the h/u to the amp I have a long way to go- but I don't intend to turn it up more than it is. The subs aren't sweating and I've ran more power than this in the past, so I'm not worried. :fing34:

Time for a rebuild.

I wanted a bit more low end, the current box plays down to 30hz well, but some of the c&s music I like is lower than that.

I'm going from 15ft net to 18ft net, still at 36Hz but port location should drop the tuning some. Should be good until I get more power or subs.

Using birch this time, just under 4 sheets total

1.jpg

Mobile works station lol

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

45's

8.jpg

sides

9.jpg

routed an adge to tuck the vinyl

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Assembly

16.jpg

17.jpg

This is the lip for the removable port

30.jpg

28.jpg

And the port

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

3/4 round over

35.jpg

Painted white and coated to be smooth

37.jpg

38_5.jpg

63.jpg

put in some 45s

47.jpg

49.jpg

and painted white

65.jpg

66.jpg

I drilled and tested the 5/16 bolts to hold the port in

59.jpg

58.jpg

61.jpg

1.25" bracing

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

just a bit more work and it will be done, I have the vinyl and padding just need to finish the wood work and messy parts

Dang like to check that bad boy out some time after the rebuild is complete.

That is quite the rod..

Your nuts are massive too..

Then again, I can definitely see it being required with something like this.

Sick nasty build :drink40:

Looks like it could kill :suicide-santa:

Dang like to check that bad boy out some time after the rebuild is complete.

Any time just let me know and we'll set it up.

Thanks guys :drink40:

Lots of pics missing from this, but subs should be in a new box tomorrow.

If all goes well vids tomorrow. I have a super busy schedule but the only things left to do are sand the inside of the box, add a last coat of paint, and vinyl. Then slap it in and wire it up.

Finished 45s in all the corners

75.jpg

Started the bracing

76.jpg

Cupping my nuts before chopping my rod down some.

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

Test fit a sub, there's a little play but it will be taken up by the vinyl. The stickers started falling off the first few days I had the subs, so I'll probably just remove the stickers entirely.

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

a few coats of poly to smooth things out. It'll be sanded smooth and painted tomorrow.

88.jpg

I didnt even realize you were rebuilding your box. Looking damn nice.

How much was that birch and how did you like working with it?

Thanks

I got the birch for about $30 a sheet at a small shop in town. It took 4 sheets because mdf is 49" x 8' and this is 5x5 square. I had a lot of small waste pieces because of the size of the panels.

I mainly liked the weight of it, I'd guess about 1/2 as much as mdf- I can move my box myself for the first time in years. People say the work-ability is better with birch but I don't think it cuts as well and is prone to splinter or have chunks knock out while working with the edges. Not bad but irritating when it does happen.

For the price the only deciding factor in the future would be weight and dust, and if that isn't an issue I'll go MDF.

Thanks

I got the birch for about $30 a sheet at a small shop in town. It took 4 sheets because mdf is 49" x 8' and this is 5x5 square. I had a lot of small waste pieces because of the size of the panels.

I mainly liked the weight of it, I'd guess about 1/2 as much as mdf- I can move my box myself for the first time in years. People say the work-ability is better with birch but I don't think it cuts as well and is prone to splinter or have chunks knock out while working with the edges. Not bad but irritating when it does happen.

For the price the only deciding factor in the future would be weight and dust, and if that isn't an issue I'll go MDF.

I am going to try and come your way towards the end of this week. I will send you a pm in a few.

Thanks

I am going to try and come your way towards the end of this week. I will send you a pm in a few.

Sounds great, just let me know.

I'm almost ready to install, I just ran out of adhesive to finish the vinyl. If I have time I'll have installed pics/vids tomorrow.

99.jpg

98.jpg

Sa-weet! Looks bad-ass.

lol @ chopping your rod down.

Thanks, I plan on dropping this in the truck then making trim panels to fill the gaps around the box. Sort of make it look like one big smooth surface in back. Also hoping to gain a little on the t/l, or at least the ear-o-meter.

Nice build. What are the specs on that box?