hardrock2401

Need help for a BTL box

Every one says that the re-calculator is off so can someone here help me design a box for a 12 BTL

Here are my max demensions 15h x 28w x 18d......I would like the box as close to 2.5 after all displacements as I can tuned to 32hz (sub disp is .18)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Length x width x depth = ?/1,728 = ft^3 (subtract wood thickness, woofer and port displacement)

I understand how to do that but dont really get how to do port tuning, like you need 12-16sq inches of port per 1cu foot......I have no idea how to do that and cant find a place that can put it in terms I can understand.

Edited by hardrock2401

Have you tried the JL site? It can be pretty helpful. JL Audio

Finding the port area is as simple as L x W. So if your port opening is 4"W x 20"H, you will have 80in2 of port area. For 12-16 rule, a 5ft3 enclosure would be fine up the the 16 mark. 5 x 16= 80in2

Have you tried the JL site? It can be pretty helpful. JL Audio

Finding the port area is as simple as L x W. So if your port opening is 4"W x 20"H, you will have 80in2 of port area. For 12-16 rule, a 5ft3 enclosure would be fine up the the 16 mark. 5 x 16= 80in2

i am having the same problem understanding how to tune/port... since therules its 12"-16" , i used 14" , and my box its 4.5 after displacement. so 4.5x14= 63.

63=thats my port area ... now how deep should the port be ? i wanna tune to 33hz..

sorry for hijacking the thread but im desperate to finish my box

hey bromo, ill tell u thanx for him...thanx bro...i tried messing around with getting one too, and i guess im just not very good at math. ill be cutting the wood and helping build this so it will be posted in a build log.

DB23332.png

Theres a price for everything Bromo. ;) What is it going to take to get a version of this?

Ive decided to buy designs from the pros unless Im going sealed, which isnt too likely. Im too tired of working numbers over to come up with a sketchy design Im not sure of. :wacko:

^^^^^x2, what he said.