kryptonitewhite

4 Fi Audio IB3 18's walled off 15Hz tune in a VAN BUILD LOG

I would call them if you can and ask if you even do have a warranty. Then tell them whats going on and see what they say. But best to get it checked out first. Dont want to fry something if it is some metal floating around in there. Looking good though. I saw one of those crimpers at Harbor Freight the other day as was SO tempted to get one, but the thing was pricey like 60-70 if i remember right!

$45 for mine, but I think shipping of $15 brought it to $60 total. A guy from **** linked me, he's got the 4 DP21 in 4th order bandpass build over there. I can link ya if you want.

I've had a bunch of those drill bit extentions all over in my way, now that Ive needed one I cant find any of them. I have at least 5 different tool stashes and boxes..kept digging, none to be found. So I ran to walmart and bought one so I can actually tighten the amps down... at first glance these pics look the same, but they look way better now that they're not just hanging :D :D

CIMG1002.jpg

CIMG1001.jpg

This is just awesome! This has inspired me in so many ways. I had the wife hooked into competing a few weeks ago by taking her to some shows and competing with my truck. So for next year we will be getting some sort of hatchback car and have a goal of breaking 150's. Keep the work and pics coming.

This is just awesome! This has inspired me in so many ways. I had the wife hooked into competing a few weeks ago by taking her to some shows and competing with my truck. So for next year we will be getting some sort of hatchback car and have a goal of breaking 150's. Keep the work and pics coming.

now i am just grinning from ear to ear! :D :D

pardon my brain fart: shouldn't a toggle switch have 2 contacts? positive and negative or in and out? I'm using toggle switches for the foot brake, parking brake, tweet amp remote, mid woof amp remote, midbass amp remote, and sub amp remotes. The switches have 3: positive, negative, and accessory. Brain fart or what? lol wow.

So for my foot brake a hot wire into switch, then on the out the deck wire...so when I switch ON it will think I am pressing my foot brake.

Hot wire in, parking brake wire on deck out so it thinks my parking brake is depressed.

The other 4 switches, remote wire from deck split into 4, then run wires to the remotes on amps. So there is my second question: how many amps can the HU remote wire support? I have 4 subwoofer amps and three 4-channels. 7 amps.

Later, I'm gonna have to worry about RCA's. Will I need an RCA distro block for the 4 subwoofer amps?

pardon my brain fart: shouldn't a toggle switch have 2 contacts? positive and negative or in and out? I'm using toggle switches for the foot brake, parking brake, tweet amp remote, mid woof amp remote, midbass amp remote, and sub amp remotes. The switches have 3: positive, negative, and accessory. Brain fart or what? lol wow.

So for my foot brake a hot wire into switch, then on the out the deck wire...so when I switch ON it will think I am pressing my foot brake.

Hot wire in, parking brake wire on deck out so it thinks my parking brake is depressed.

The other 4 switches, remote wire from deck split into 4, then run wires to the remotes on amps. So there is my second question: how many amps can the HU remote wire support? I have 4 subwoofer amps and three 4-channels. 7 amps.

Later, I'm gonna have to worry about RCA's. Will I need an RCA distro block for the 4 subwoofer amps?

I'd definitely wire up a relay for the remote wires. I've actually seen a remote wire shorted somehow 9 years ago and the car damn near went up in flames.

you won't need a "distro" you'll need splitters of some kind

Do those amps have RCA outputs. Most these days do so you can daisy chain the RCA link. Also be careful with those toggles on the brake wires for your head unit. The One DVD system I installed before only had a parking brake wire and it was for a ground. So to disable it I simply connected it to the ground of the radio. Too me it sounds that the brake pedal wire wants a positive input but the parking brake wire wants a ground, you may want to double read the manual and look at the wiring diagram to see if there is a symbol for a ground connection.

I'd definitely wire up a relay for the remote wires. I've actually seen a remote wire shorted somehow 9 years ago and the car damn near went up in flames.

well, I have the large factory ceiling mount that has 4 sets of lights with buttons, the dome light, and the temp/milage gauge that I have modified to fit the roof. Then I have the rear dome light with 2 more maual lights that Im mounting on the wall. There's no room left for anything else. I still have the 2 wires that ran to the visors..when you open the mirror the visors lit. I was thinking about running those wires to the toggles for the remote wires.

you won't need a "distro" you'll need splitters of some kind

someone told me to get maxx link, but it has a HPF.. at least it goes down to 15Hz...where my tuning will be. but i love that the amps are adjustable down to defeated. I don't have a HP on my HT so I'm sure I won't need/want one in the VAN with double the subs in 1/4 the airspace

Do those amps have RCA outputs. Most these days do so you can daisy chain the RCA link. Also be careful with those toggles on the brake wires for your head unit. The One DVD system I installed before only had a parking brake wire and it was for a ground. So to disable it I simply connected it to the ground of the radio. Too me it sounds that the brake pedal wire wants a positive input but the parking brake wire wants a ground, you may want to double read the manual and look at the wiring diagram to see if there is a symbol for a ground connection.

hey man I added you on FB! My friend did the same thing, just grounded the parking brake to the ground for the HU. But I tested my wire and it has nothing, which means it wants power input, no?

the manual has a diagram showing the foot brake being spliced on the posative side after the switch before the lamp. THE parking brake on the posative side after the lamp but before the switch. it's confusing!

I don't know why I haven't checked this thread before.... I have been SERIOUSLY missing out. Sweet idea man, everyone has told me my idea of doing 2 maelstrom 21s tuned to 24 Hz would be too low ::(: You might have inspired to me to go ahead and do it :drink40: . Once I get the money somehow haha. So you have dont other builds with sub 30 Hz tuning? How did they turn out, I love the feeling from mine, and its only 28Hz.

I don't know why I haven't checked this thread before.... I have been SERIOUSLY missing out. Sweet idea man, everyone has told me my idea of doing 2 maelstrom 21s tuned to 24 Hz would be too low ::(: You might have inspired to me to go ahead and do it :drink40: . Once I get the money somehow haha. So you have dont other builds with sub 30 Hz tuning? How did they turn out, I love the feeling from mine, and its only 28Hz.

dude I was working out a deal with Kevin for 6 21" Maelstrom-X's, first 4... 2 in the house and 2 in the car, 15Hz tune, then 4 in the car...but not enough port area. We couldn't agree on the deal though.

I've been tuning 20Hz and lower for 6 years, all of them but 1 turned out awesome. I did a 4th order bandpass but must have made a mistake. It blew a lot of air but it wasn't audible, wasn't even tactile like the other sub20Hz tunes.

Either you can listen to them and do what everyone else does, or, you can experience what they will never ever understand... cuz theyve never actually DONE it.

" To watch a video source:

1. push the foot brake to bring your vehicle to a complete stop at a safe location. Engage parking brake.

2. Keep pushing the foot brake and release the parking brake once then engage it again.

3. While the parking brake is being engaged the second time, release the foot brake. "

I saw a ? you posted about how many amps off of the headunit. Try the link below and see if it helps I have been using this site for a while now and they have some really helpful ideas.

Special Applications with SPDT Relays, Diagrams

Awesome work so far I am tuned in!!!!!!!!!

1. push the foot brake to bring your vehicle to a complete stop at a safe location. Engage parking brake.

2. Keep pushing the foot brake and release the parking brake once then engage it again.

3. While the parking brake is being engaged the second time, release the foot brake. "

I used a toggle switch for "park brake", and then connected the foot brake as is should be.

Press the foot brake, flip the toggle twice, and release the foot brake. Video on the screen. . .

dude I was working out a deal with Kevin for 6 21" Maelstrom-X's, first 4... 2 in the house and 2 in the car, 15Hz tune, then 4 in the car...but not enough port area. We couldn't agree on the deal though.

I've been tuning 20Hz and lower for 6 years, all of them but 1 turned out awesome. I did a 4th order bandpass but must have made a mistake. It blew a lot of air but it wasn't audible, wasn't even tactile like the other sub20Hz tunes.

Either you can listen to them and do what everyone else does, or, you can experience what they will never ever understand... cuz theyve never actually DONE it.

What did he estimate the FR and cabin gain to be?

I saw a ? you posted about how many amps off of the headunit. Try the link below and see if it helps I have been using this site for a while now and they have some really helpful ideas.

Special Applications with SPDT Relays, Diagrams

Awesome work so far I am tuned in!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much! I decided what to use the overhead lamp wores for that lit up the mirrors in the sunvisors :D

I used a toggle switch for "park brake", and then connected the foot brake as is should be.

Press the foot brake, flip the toggle twice, and release the foot brake. Video on the screen. . .

BRIAN! :D well it's about time you posted in my thread... you just made my night for sure

shall we just go ahead and order up a bunch of recones now or what? :P

What did he estimate the FR and cabin gain to be?

kevin had NOTHING to do with design. I use WinISD. If you have a thread, or want to make one, I'll be glad to run some plots with you. He and I only talked business and details about the drivers themselves. Nothing about my HT nor VAN builds.

Alright I have 6 light up toggle swtiches. 1 for the super tweets, 1 for mid rangers, 1 for mid woofers, and 1 for subwoofers... so I can turn on any combination of them I want. Then I have 2 more for the video on the DVD player, 1 for foot pedal and 1 for parking brake.

CIMG1020.jpg

CIMG1021.jpg

CIMG1022.jpg

CIMG1024.jpg

CIMG1025.jpg

ripped the wire from the roof and burried in the dash

CIMG1027.jpg

CIMG1031.jpg

CIMG1032.jpg

CIMG1034.jpg

CIMG1035.jpg

CIMG1037.jpg

CIMG1040.jpg

CIMG1041.jpg

CIMG1042.jpg

CIMG1043.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

CIMG1049.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

CIMG1051.jpg

CIMG1052.jpg

CIMG1053.jpg

CIMG1054.jpg

CIMG1055.jpg

CIMG1056.jpg

CIMG1058.jpg

I just read this whole thread, freaking awesome build, man.

A friend of mine has an xA that can do down to 18 or so, and it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

I just read this whole thread, freaking awesome build, man.

A friend of mine has an xA that can do down to 18 or so, and it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

thank you very much! 18Hz is FUN!