kryptonitewhite

4 Fi Audio IB3 18's walled off 15Hz tune in a VAN BUILD LOG

that wiring is a hackjob. that baffle is beast. so far you have 50% awesome and 50% oops. let's tip the scales for the gooder..

I see the motor for one of your IB3's is cracked, unusable? I need an 18" Fi basket actually. Great job on the baffle too :)

For everyone that has at least given constructive criticism, who has said "hey I would..because" or "I wouldn't have...because" without being condecending, arrogant, or rude... to everyone that has said "hey, looks nice" "can't wait" subscribed". To everyone with something good to say, even when saying something that could be done different. Thank you all so much! It seems like this will never get done, but you all keep me motivated.

To those of you who think i'm cutting every corner, so far as to say this thing is a hazard to innocent people getting demos once complete. To those that said I messed up bad by choosing to foam instead of doing 2x4's (though this thing has plenty of 2x6's ) without doing so politely. The foam situation has panned out, it needed more time, it has cured. To those that knock my use of duct tape... there is no permentant duct tape other than for my wiring, and what i have used it for other than that thus far has worked great. thanks. For those that think I screwed up by not getting pure copper 0 gauge that cost twice as much ( not the guy from AVS, you have been very helpful man..thank you) For those that think I messed up going with "infinite baffle" drivers ( not the SQ world champ that basically set the parameters for the IB3s ) for those that think its so awful I put the front stage, so to speak..correct or not, in the roof (not you Fallen, we never really cared what you thought anyway ;) ;) ) For those that think it's too much power for the IB3's... well Ive run Lanzar OPTI2000D on them, Hifonics BXi2610D, EP4000, as well as Regent HT-391 showing me just how efficient they can be with no more than 150-200 watts.

For you, well, I'm not gonna use glass matt on the cardboard divider for the 4.5's either...so there! As my boy Fiddy said: I need you to hate. So I can use you for your energy.

No, the problem is not with others. Remember your home build, using 2 2x4s to secure 4 sheets of 4x8' MDF together? Everyone said "you need more bracing" but you did it anyway...then came back with "lol I guess you guys were right!" When people were telling to you brace more...even posting pics/links to Elemental Designs builds showing MORE than adequate bracing, it was somehow condescending to you.

When you did this:

CIMG1041.jpg

...then said the switches got warm, and people told you not to tie 14 wires together with 1 little 14ga for power...you did it anyway. And got butthurt on top of it, even though it's completely opposite of how wiring should be done.

People can say things nicely to you, but it's the "haters gonna hate" attitude which leads people to say things not so nicely to try and get through to you. Yes, this is in regards to DIYMA. It's not "hating" if you're doing something utterly incorrectly!

Found this pic last night...fits perfectly. Haters gonna hate...but you're flying a plane with only 1.5 wings...

1272342748880.jpg

Like I say in a lot of threads, I couldn't care less if you cut the top off to make a convertible since it's your vehicle, but the record needs to be set straight.

yes I remember with my home build I had 30-40 different "this is not going to work because" between 8 different forums. You gotta remember that youre not seeing every post. 1 out of 30 things people were right on, and it's an easy fix. Add more bracing. No plane crash here.

as for butthurt. once again, youre not following every thread. I made sure to poin out to specific people I was not refering to them for a reason. Because on 8 other threads other people said it differently. I don't get butthurt when people politely point things out. I get butthurt when people think they know everything, think they have every piece of the puzzle, but they do not have every page that has been written.

As for the toggl switched getting hot. THE TOGGLE SWITCHES GOT HOT. They have lights in them. They DO NOT HAVE DUCT TAPE ON THEM. They are being mounted in the panel that I have a lot of pictures of for you to see. When it is finished, i will mount them in it. The duct tape is 6" away from the LIGHTS that got hot. The duct tape is simply shielding connected wires. The wire DOES NOT GET HOT.

I am sick of people saying stupid shit. You said several stupid things. Just stop. Go play on another thread.

I don't agree with the use of duct tape. It conducts when moisture is present.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Ther's the model "construcive criticism" post.

I just looked at that picture more closely... Please do that right, or if you don't want to do it right don't take a picture and show everyone on the internet :(

dont post on my thread. Those wires are for 2 regular light bulbs. I have 6 LED lights. we're comparing mA to A. Go away.

that wiring is a hackjob. that baffle is beast. so far you have 50% awesome and 50% oops. let's tip the scales for the gooder..

alright well we will knock another forum off the list. I'm surprised "Thee Forum" made it this far, usually the people like you guys come out early in this forum.

Dueces.

I see the motor for one of your IB3's is cracked, unusable? I need an 18" Fi basket actually. Great job on the baffle too :)

which motor is cracked? None of them are. But you can hit me up/reply on a different forum, I'm deleting this one righ now so I'll never see this thread again.

Thanks BTW :)

The one you used to weight down the baffle, it looked cracked :shrug:

and were the one with the problem? People are only trying to help and don't know what all you've done (especially if everything is posted in 8 different forums... )

Umm yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and constructively criticize your wiring on the switches. Yeah...

lundberg_2.jpg

Umm yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and constructively criticize your wiring on the switches. Yeah...

That's awesome shakes !!!!

I loved Office space, got to go I got a meeting with the Bob's.

Edited by cobra93

yes I remember with my home build I had 30-40 different "this is not going to work because" between 8 different forums. You gotta remember that youre not seeing every post. 1 out of 30 things people were right on, and it's an easy fix. Add more bracing. No plane crash here.

as for butthurt. once again, youre not following every thread. I made sure to poin out to specific people I was not refering to them for a reason. Because on 8 other threads other people said it differently. I don't get butthurt when people politely point things out. I get butthurt when people think they know everything, think they have every piece of the puzzle, but they do not have every page that has been written.

As for the toggl switched getting hot. THE TOGGLE SWITCHES GOT HOT. They have lights in them. They DO NOT HAVE DUCT TAPE ON THEM. They are being mounted in the panel that I have a lot of pictures of for you to see. When it is finished, i will mount them in it. The duct tape is 6" away from the LIGHTS that got hot. The duct tape is simply shielding connected wires. The wire DOES NOT GET HOT.

I am sick of people saying stupid shit. You said several stupid things. Just stop. Go play on another thread.

Besides other user's comments, you copy/paste the same text and pics onto every forum. If you corrected something, you sure don't post it.

Last line (and the other post), by the way, is your butthurt showing again. Show me where I said "several stupid things." About the 1 wire split to 14? That should be common sense. I didn't say the switches have duct tape on them...the wires do. We all can see that.

Any negative comments, and you leave in a huff. Pissed off by people calling out your shoddy, sub-par, unsafe craftsmanship you're so proud of...

Btw...it's "douches." A "deuce" is what you leave in a toilet, or a common nickname for a 1932 Ford coupe.

Actually he said "Dueces" another way to say peace, take it easy, Im out of here, good bye (I could go on). :peepwall:

Actually he said "Dueces" another way to say peace, take it easy, Im out of here, good bye (I could go on). :peepwall:

LOL I haven't heard that in years... ;)

Is this guy for real? Hes leaving cause of that? Pfft.

Dude, sometimes you just gotta...Forgetta bout it

he quit the thread on diyma too lol...

Aww! I wanted to see how it was going to work out... :shrug:

this thread makes me giggle...

edit: oh wow, totally didn't notice this was from April. aren't I an idiot... *facepalm*

Edited by effse7en

Aww! I wanted to see how it was going to work out... :shrug:

*only* a 148 @ 25Hz waiting on brackets for 2nd alt

got a flash of warm weather, finally had to bit the bullet

CIMG3777.jpg

CIMG3781.jpg

CIMG3782.jpg

CIMG3783.jpg

CIMG3784.jpg

CIMG3786.jpg'

CIMG3788.jpg

CIMG3790.jpg

CIMG3794.jpg

CIMG3798.jpg

CIMG3802.jpg

CIMG3805.jpg

CIMG3810.jpg

what was the reason for it? i missed it i guess

Btw...it's "douches." A "deuce" is what you leave in a toilet, or a common nickname for a 1932 Ford coupe.

Sometimes its a double deuce...

Besides other user's comments, you copy/paste the same text and pics onto every forum. If you corrected something, you sure don't post it.

Last line (and the other post), by the way, is your butthurt showing again. Show me where I said "several stupid things." About the 1 wire split to 14? That should be common sense. I didn't say the switches have duct tape on them...the wires do. We all can see that.

Any negative comments, and you leave in a huff. Pissed off by people calling out your shoddy, sub-par, unsafe craftsmanship you're so proud of...

still no fire. weird. and theres no reason for negative comments. thats jsut stupid. dont like it, go away.