onebadmonte

Infinitely Baffled or Just Plain Confused

Is it just me, or is only one coil of each of those drivers hooked up?

Workmanship looks good, I like the crossover placement, looks much better there. Keep the pics coming!

Yes, only one coil is hooked up. The second coil isn't powered. It is used to adjust the Qts of the sub with resistors.

Trunk looks pretty now. Good work!

Thanks. I was a little worried about that fabric being a little funky, but I wanted something with some contrast. That way the subs stand out when the trunk is opened.

Thanks. I was a little worried about that fabric being a little funky, but I wanted something with some contrast. That way the subs stand out when the trunk is opened.

Shoulda gone with ostrich ;)

No man really that looks great I wish you would have showed me that when we met up the other day (if you had it done) because that's some really creative engineering you've done there. Can't wait to hear it!

:slayer::TMNT::joshers3::hay::dancing::poop::dj::domodance::twirl::morepower1:

Seeing IB installs always makes me want to buy a sedan

Good work !

Good job. But is it just me or is the rear deck flexing too much? I may be seeing something else.

Good job man, go get that thing metered already. Lets see some numbers!

Thanks everyone.

LOL on getting it metered. I already got called out for making pointless flex vids of an IB system. Hehe.

Up next will be some deadening material for the rear deck and the trunk lid. Till then thanks for looking.

Cheers

Good job man, go get that thing metered already. Lets see some numbers!

Thanks everyone.

LOL on getting it metered. I already got called out for making pointless flex vids of an IB system. Hehe.

Up next will be some deadening material for the rear deck and the trunk lid. Till then thanks for looking.

Cheers

I was just thinking since you had yours goals posted I thought you might want to see how close you were to them. I know I do. I always love the underdog with low budget making big numbers. I was that way when I first got into audio 10 years ago....wait I am still that way LOL.

Edited by ChaosWarlord26

I will as soon as I find a meter. :P My best guess is 134 on music maybe a 136 on tones and heavy clipping. We'll see. That includes a trunk full of groceries. Hehe.

Edited by onebadmonte

I will as soon as I find a meter. :P My best guess is 134 on music maybe a 136 on tones and heavy clipping. We'll see. That includes a trunk full of groceries. Hehe.

True I heard bread loaves and other baked goods have a natural resonating frequency of 30Hz which will improve the bass output by a minimum of 14.668 dB ;)

True I heard bread loaves and other baked goods have a natural resonating frequency of 30Hz which will improve the bass output by a minimum of 14.668 dB ;)

Yes, I personally prefer cupcakes, I think the strawberry-frosting ones improve my scores the most.

It doesn't look like you've sealed up all the opnings in the rear deck unless I'm looking at the pics and missing something. Have you considered doing a piece of MDF on the rear deck to strengthen and seal off the trunk better? I'm in the middle of doing an IB system right now using 4 12" Fi IB3's. I'm trying to seal the trunk off as completely as possible from the cabin to prevent any cancelation. I'll also be using some 2 part foam to fill the voids in the 1/4 panels for the same reason.

Are those subs designed for IB use or you just trying it for the hell of it? Looks pretty good either way.

Yes, I personally prefer cupcakes, I think the strawberry-frosting ones improve my scores the most.

DSC01206.jpg

Now we're talking.

It doesn't look like you've sealed up all the opnings in the rear deck unless I'm looking at the pics and missing something. Have you considered doing a piece of MDF on the rear deck to strengthen and seal off the trunk better? I'm in the middle of doing an IB system right now using 4 12" Fi IB3's. I'm trying to seal the trunk off as completely as possible from the cabin to prevent any cancelation. I'll also be using some 2 part foam to fill the voids in the 1/4 panels for the same reason.

Are those subs designed for IB use or you just trying it for the hell of it? Looks pretty good either way.

It's not air tight. The rear deck gets covered with the factory trim on the cabin side. It's just a piece of 1/4" fiberboard with carpeting on it. It covers up the openings in the rear deck. It seems to get the job done.

Your build sounds interesting. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm eyeing the IB3's as well.

Yes these subs are IB capable. With a resistor on the second coil, they'll also work in ported and sealed enclosures as well. Very novel if you ask me. :)

DSC01206.jpg

Now we're talking.

:lol2:

It's not air tight. The rear deck gets covered with the factory trim on the cabin side. It's just a piece of 1/4" fiberboard with carpeting on it. It covers up the openings in the rear deck. It seems to get the job done.

Your build sounds interesting. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm eyeing the IB3's as well.

Yes these subs are IB capable. With a resistor on the second coil, they'll also work in ported and sealed enclosures as well. Very novel if you ask me. :)

Here is the link to what I'm doing

93 Fleetwood Caddy build. - SSA Car Audio Forum

I would try a mdf cover on the rear deck and bond it on with a good adhesive. I would think it could only help.

nice clean build man... keep the pics coming.....

Thanks everyone. I got the system metered today. Big thanks to CadillacMatt and BigJon for making it happen. Providing eyewitness testimonial, Inkfx. He was there as well, at what I will be referring to as the Last Minute South Texas Mini Meet. Read about it here.

The score, 135.8 somewhere in between 25Hz and 35Hz using a sweep from 1Hz to 60Hz. All the windows were closed, the driver side door was open and the meter was in the passenger side kick.

I'm totally pleased with it. Granted in not a ground pounder like the other guys there, but for 480 watts I say not too shabby. As soon as I can get the pics off my phone I'll post the score.

Thanks to everyone at the get together. It was lots of fun. Great music with good people. :drink40: