Frostedflakejake

Is This Normal?

So ever since i've been trying to set up my new system (see tag), i've had one set back after another.

1.) My BTL magnets were help up in customs (normal) and it took a little longer to get to me. Not a problem, at all. Didn't get under my skin and i was actually very surprised to receive a phone call from Scott on about the 8th business day explaining the troubles. And he included a free sticker pack and shirt!! Great great great guys over at Fi

2.) The battery i wanted, Kinetik HC2400 was out of stock... EVERYWHERE. there was a thread on SSA about it and i chimed in my findings. i waited for about 2 months until i finally decided to go ahead and get another battery. So i order Shuriken bt-120, and when it FINALLY comes to my door (i'll explain that shipping nightmare under 4) i get an e-mail from sonicelectronix saying that the Kinetik is in stock. The day the shuriken gets to my door i get that e-mail. after waiting so long for that battery to be back in stock it decides that day to reach sonicelectronix :suicide-santa:

3.) Shipping from SonicElectronix for the shuriken and a Boston Acoustic Pro60se system was from hell. Evidently for any order over $500 you have to do a credit card verification thing; which i did not know about. Perhaps it's in their terms of agreement, but seriously? They couldn't have just had a pop-up screen of when i made the order to tell me about the verification? So 6 business days later when Sonics still hasn't given my stuff to UPS, i decide to e-mail them just to clarify that they received my order and all was well. then 2 business days later they finally tell me that i have to do the verification. whether this was in response to my e-mail or it just normally takes them 8 business days to tell me i need to do a verification, i don't care. Either pisses me off. Especially because i have the feeling that if i didn't email them, it would have taken longer to know that i had to do this verification. And when verification time comes, they look up the name of the cardholder and access old public records and ask you questions... well guess what? their "system" wasn't working so they couldn't do that. instead i had to print off this form, fill out the paper work and then scan in a picture of my credit card and driver license onto the page from sonics, then e-mail that page back to sonics. then it takes them 2 business days to process that verification and finally get UPS the package. 10 business days. 2 weeks.

4) then the shipping was all going good to my knowledge. i was told it was one big package. when the package got to Ohio, the UPS tracking thing told me that the address label had been torn off/ripped so the address couldn't be read and they were going to get my address back from sonics. Which they did the next day which and i thought that was excellent. Then i got a big ol' package at my door a few days later and i was very excited!! only to find out that a whole bunch of shit went wrong. First off, there was no Boston Acoustic anything inside that box. only battery. Secondly, in this Huge box (about as big as the one the BTL came in) was the box for the shuriken and then under that, a old box that had been wet and all torn up. The box from shuriken inside the UPS box was also wet on the corners. After some head scratching, i discovered that the ripped up and folded box under the shuriken box was an old UPS box. What had happened (i'm pretty sure) was that UPS sent my battery to the wrong place and it sat outsides someones house and got all wet and then UPS got it back and sent it to me. I got the Boston Acoustics a few day later and everything was right with them. So... if the shuriken really did go to the wrong place which im sure it did, where the HELL did they send the boston's to make them come 2 days after the shuriken? ha. I would have appreciated knowing that it was going to be shipped in two separate boxes and what had really happened.

5) So then i ordered more stuff and had everything i needed so i finally had a need to hook up my alternator which i had for 3 months. only to discover that for the 2004 explorer, ford decided 1/2 way through the production to switch the bolt pattern on their alts. Needless to say, i didn't know that and Iraggi didn't inform me of that so i called them (dominik is his name i think) and he knew exactly what i was talking about. I paid to get it shipped back to him, he paid to have it shipped to me. The whole transaction took... probably 7 business days.

6) so now i was doing some soldering and getting everything set up, and i discovered i needed two more fuses and some more ring terminals. so i hop on the knukonceptz webstie and ordered some. three days later (today!!) the shipment comes. and guess what? my 8 ring terminals aren't anywhere in sight. so i just emailed them.

i'm not trying to be impatient, i'm just... fed-up with all the mishaps that have happen. Has stuff along these lines happened to you guys? (beside the BTL thing, i shouldn't even include that, it's more of a shout-out to the great customer service those folks do) And some stuff went normally as planned too. My saz-3000d from db-r came as planned. my wiring from knukonceptz came as planned. my battery isolator came as planned. unfortunately... those are the only things that have gone as planned.

so please, share with me if anything like this has happened to you. :popcorn:

sorry for writing a book

damn thats a bad nightmare =/

Hope you have better luck soon :D

Nobody said car audio was easy ;)

I got a shipment from Knu a couple days ago and it was missing parts as well.

Luckily I'm in no hurry as I'm not planning on starting the install for a couple weeks anyways.

yeah, i just hate the fact that the one thing that is slowing my down is stupid ring terminals...

Never ran into a problem like this, maybe you need to start praising the car audio gods. Good luck with getting things handled and future car audio purchases.

Damn, sorry to hear about the problems man! Keep the head up and keep at it!

I just had a MAJOR problem with my truck. Water Leaks messed my stuff up. I need to redo alot of it.

ohhhhh water leaks would pisssss me off.

and thanks for the support!! :santa:

but USPS kinda did what i think UPS did with my battery... there was two envelopes of the same size. one on the outside which looked really good BUT it had no shipping label... then i opened it and there was another envelope which was the same size. It had a HUGE rip along one entire side which was tapped up all around the envelope. then the shipping label was on the back on that inner package... i like jay-cee's idea of praising the car audio gods!!

hommmmmmm thank-you saint nicholas and scott over at Fi. hommmmmmm thank-you priest Jacob for you boss amps.

hope that works... ha

I'm having a problem as well right now -- getting ahold of someone over at MechMan. I sent an email Thursday, called Friday & left a message, called today, nothing.

All I need is a spacer for my pulley and I'll be ready to rock and roll. I'm tempted to go and buy me a washer from O'Reilly's tomorrow and shim the damn thing myself. :madsign:

update!! The ring terminals are now on their way! Thanks to bill over at knukonceptz!

So a few more things to add to this shit list!

1st- The amp doesn't work! I made a thread about it 3 weeks ago or so. So now db-r has it and i'm waiting to see whats up.

SAZ 3000-d Protect Mode - SSA Car Audio Forum

2nd- i ordered some wheels for my truck! And guess what? one of them is damaged enough to have to send back!

wheel2-1.jpg

damn dude talk about bad luck!!! but expect it in all honestly bro. we live in Detroit and i have a good friend who works for the UPS storage building on Grossebeck and from what he told me, Detroit has the highest theft rate for all UPS orders, witch makes me very unhappy because i got some stuff comming from jay-cee on wednesday.

i hope you dont have any more issues bro. When i first orderd all my stuff i had no issues. so hopefully everything goes well for you from here on out lol

good looking system so far man. we should get together sometime and check eachothers beat out.

yeah i would love to check your system out! maybe sometime when mine is actually done... haha

damn dude talk about bad luck!!! but expect it in all honestly bro. we live in Detroit and i have a good friend who works for the UPS storage building on Grossebeck and from what he told me, Detroit has the highest theft rate for all UPS orders, witch makes me very unhappy because i got some stuff comming from jay-cee on wednesday.

i hope you dont have any more issues bro. When i first orderd all my stuff i had no issues. so hopefully everything goes well for you from here on out lol

good looking system so far man. we should get together sometime and check eachothers beat out.

:ohnoes9:

Wow man, that sucks. It sounds like you have the same luck as me lol. My luck is so bad that my friends find it funny to make up hypothetical situations in which everything goes wrong for me, because it usually does lol. Just try to stay positive, at some point you'll get everything the way you want it. That's how I've been looking at things.

Damn reminds me of the time I bought a amp off of ebay from this store and I waited until like a week before college was starting back up to get all my stuff installed. well It takes the guy from 10am to about 7pm to install everything in my car abut then something goes wrong. When he tried to hook up the 4 channel amp it kept on going into protect mode. Found out the amp was dead on arrival. So it cost me another 30 bucks for me to send it back to the store off of ebay I bought it from then it took them 2 months to send me back a brand new amp.

Very frustrating I will never buy car audio from ebay ever again.

and yes they did get negative feed back