chasinSKURT

Difference in performance between MB Quart 1500D and Sundown SAZ-1500D

What's the difference in performance between the MB Quart 1500D and the Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D considering there's almost a $250 price difference?

:wavey5:, what part of Texas are you from.

Sundown doing rated power at 12.8volt range and MB Quart at 14.4 volt range, more wattage by the Sundown and will still do rated power at lower voltages (but this extra power wont be noticeable at all). Whichever fits your budget shoot for it.

Got cha. Actually I meant to say that if I needed about 1000rms from

an amp. Of course I know the 1500d gives more power, but 500 rms doesn't equate $250 to me anyways.

Well nice to have you hear, if it isnt in your budget then go for what is. Yeah I dont blame you for not wanting to spend more money, either amp will do the job (one just cost more).

Got cha. Actually I meant to say that if I needed about 1000rms from

an amp. Of course I know the 1500d gives more power, but 500 rms doesn't equate $250 to me anyways.

The Sundown SAZ-1500D has an operational voltage of 10-18 volts, Strappable, 24db per octave crossover, variable subsonic filter. Highly underrated!

You may want to take a look at the new Sundown SAE-1200Dv.2 if it fits your budget.

Not taking anything away from the MB Quart but since Maxxsonics has whored out the brand I just choose to stay away.

If you get one from OCS which is an authorized dealer for MB quart, they're $229 with a two year warranty, 1 from OCS and 1 from Maxxsonics

If you get one from OCS which is an authorized dealer for MB quart, they're $229 with a two year warranty, 1 from OCS and 1 from Maxxsonics

meh...

I personally would pay the extra for the sundown. Not so much for the extra power, which it will do. But for the fact that its built like a tank and chances are it'll outlive you if you don't do anything stupid to it lol. Also they tend to hold resale value pretty good if you ever do plan on getting rid of it to upgrade down the road.

You can save a bit if you go with a refurbished from db-r instead of new...

I personally would pay the extra for the sundown. Not so much for the extra power, which it will do. But for the fact that its built like a tank and chances are it'll outlive you if you don't do anything stupid to it lol. Also they tend to hold resale value pretty good if you ever do plan on getting rid of it to upgrade down the road.

So why are there so many refurbished sundown amps floating around?

Because people are unintelligent.

key to what your quoted is after what you put in bold, "if you don't do anything stupid to it"

The same reason as to why there is damaged equipment all around the around, the end consumer is stupid. :peepwall:

How many are floating around? If you check db-r he rarely has any in stock!

Its because they are worth repairing while others are cheaper to just get a new one. If you are considering the MB Quart 1500D, then take a look at the Audiopipe AP1500D. $160 shipped. They do rated power.

Its because they are worth repairing while others are cheaper to just get a new one.

:werd_msword: well said

Because stuff happens when people do something stupid like wire their amps to .0000000001 ohms :shrug: And theres not really all that many refurbs floating around, i mean db-r has a handful and thats about it.

Edited by ScreamBloodyGorguts

Because stuff happens when people do something stupid like wire their amps to .0000000001 ohms :shrug: And theres not really all that many refurbs floating around, i mean db-r has a handful and thats about it.

that could be said about 95% of the amps on the market

i just got my saz1500d and it replaced the hifonics 1610d and it made a huge difference...not only was it louder, but it sounded cleaner. like the bass was much more crisp.

i just got my saz1500d and it replaced the hifonics 1610d and it made a huge difference...not only was it louder, but it sounded cleaner. like the bass was much more crisp.

Not tossing rocks at your purchase or how you feel about the way it sounds, but I doubt it actually did.

Psychoacoustics more likely.

lol my little pos "boomstick" (cheap ass walmart db meter) confirmed it when i raised from a 127.8 to a 129.4

I noticed a huge difference in sound quality and output doing a direct swap from a Kicker to Sundown 4 channel. bassahaulic did too when he switched from a Kicker KX900.4 to an SAX-100.4.