elastic

xcon or 15 l7 for DEEP bass

hi

i have a bxi 2610d and now im looking for good woofer(s) and narrowed it down to xcon or l7.

my goal is to hit the lows damn good and im not concerned in higher frequenzies. in other words i want to shacke my whole car, maybe hairtrick, window shacke, etc.

either id get 2 15" l7 or 1 18" xcon.

both setups would be in the max recommended ported enclosure.

but personally ive never heard an xcon and dont have the chance to do it.

The XCON has a very good reputation as being a low end monster. It is designed to be a SQ first driver with great thermal capacity. Do a little search here on the forum and read some of the reviews.

this is truly a no-brainer. XCON all the way. L7 just simply cannot compete.

Nuff-SAID, ask around i'm sure others will agree with me.

ive done a little research now. there are people hitting a 150 with 2 15 l7 on 2,5 kw in a suv...

but personally i like single sub setups over two sub ones.

the 18 mayhem has 30 mm of xmax so it should be close to the xcon in the lows but still get much louder?

ive done a little research now. there are people hitting a 150 with 2 15 l7 on 2,5 kw in a suv...

but personally i like single sub setups over two sub ones.

the 18 mayhem has 30 mm of xmax so it should be close to the xcon in the lows but still get much louder?

Totally different drivers and goals!

I thought you were looking for Deep Bass?

yes thats right.

but since the mayhem has 30 mm of xmax i thought it would produce some serious deep bass too.

yes thats right.

but since the mayhem has 30 mm of xmax i thought it would produce some serious deep bass too.

That it will!

The XCON is legendary in these here parts......:P

then the mayhem would be a nice compromize between output and deep bass.

can i achieve 150 db with the 18 mayhem in max ported box with 4 kw rms? i know there are so many factors but what can i expect?

can i achieve 150 db with the 18 mayhem in max ported box with 4 kw rms? i know there are so many factors but what can i expect?

Probably. You need to remember though, that level of output is done in higher tuning ranges generally. Also, with even 2k watts youre looking at an extra battery at least and possibly a High Output Alternator. Id stick to a single 18" Xcon on 2k watts for this build, I'm sure you'll be surprised by how loud that is.

Probably. You need to remember though, that level of output is done in higher tuning ranges generally. Also, with even 2k watts youre looking at an extra battery at least and possibly a High Output Alternator. Id stick to a single 18" Xcon on 2k watts for this build, I'm sure you'll be surprised by how loud that is.

x2^^

Its not what others are doing so dont buy subs from looking at videos, the worst way to make a purchase. Every cars cabin gain and frequency is different and so on. Make sure you have the space for an 18" as well or the 2-15"s.

I seriously doubt you'll hit that goal. Dead giveaway is that you asked the question.

If you want low & deep, out of your choices the Xcon will smoke the others. If you want just loud only there are too many other factors to truly know ahead of time. Your box and install will make a huge difference in that regard. The deep bass part with the Xcon will be easy though. :)

Man, I was going to say the same. If you have to ask then you probably won't be able to do it. With one 18 and 2k, good luck on getting even close without any SPL background.

IMO if you're looking for big db numbers, maybe you should look for pure spl subs.

But, if you really want low and deep bass, the 18" Xcon is a Wonderful choice!!!

Be careful, you can make people hate you with a setup like that(18" xcon on a 1500-2000 watts amp)

:) :) :)

then ill probably do the 18 xcon on my 2610 @ 1 ohm and build the biggest recommended ported enclosure.

then ill probably do the 18 xcon on my 2610 @ 1 ohm and build the biggest recommended ported enclosure.

Do it! You won't regret it!

If you do, you can send me the XCON and I will dispose of it properly for you! :P

your not gana get a 150 and have deep bass, i used a single dd3518 last year to compete and was poping off 147s...... tuned to 42hz on 1500w clamped after imp rise burping 45-47hz 00 rango..... its just not going to happen man, also dont expect to get close to 2600w outa that hifonics

Edited by tyoung515

I can do a 150db @ 34hz with my 18" XCONs :)

:ttiwwop:

which sub will be loudest at 30 hz? off my 2610, proper enclosure for sure.

btl, mayhem or xcon?

(forgive me asking such "rubbish" but im not that experienced to judge these subs since i started car hifi 1,5 years ago with a 12 l7. and i dont have the chance to hear these different subs aswell...)

That's very hard to answer. Of those three the contest is between the Mayhem and the XCON, and they are made for different things so they shouldn't be compared to each other.

That's very hard to answer. Of those three the contest is between the Mayhem and the XCON, and they are made for different things so they shouldn't be compared to each other.

x2, if you want the loudest then I would probably shoot for the Mayhem but it is a toss up (cant go wrong with either one). It will come down to install and a lot of other factors. To really tell which would be the loudest at 30Hz one must test both of them in the same environment.

You are comparing a brick & mortar priced sub to one that is internet only. The better value should be obvious...

even tho its off subject my icon KILLED my T1 on deep n low bass in the same box n same amp. the T1 played some stuff louder but i listen to alot of ol skool bass music and the icon played low stuff way better. now im waiting on my xcon to get here and from what i hear it plays even lower n deeper so i might shake something loose this time lol. difference will be a 4cu box @ 33hz tho

You are the 3rd or 4th covert from a T1. ;).