sgresham

Sundown Rocks!

I just want to say thank you to Jacob at Sundown with all the help he has given me. I purchased an SAE-1200v1 from a person on another forum, and as soon as I hooked the amp up it went into protection. I checked my wiring, and even hooked up another amp, which worked fine, but the Sundown just kept going into protection. This was on a Sunday, and Monday morning I sent Jacob an email asking if there was a remedy to my problem. Of course, I had no documentation for the amp in question, so Jacob offered to send me either a new 1200v2 or a 1500, both for a very nominal upgrade fee. I jumped on the chance to get the 1500. (It is probably way more power than my single 10 needs, but I am actually looking seriously at getting some of the sa-8s now.) I was out of the town at the time, so I had my wife ship the amp to Sundown. My wife did what wives do and did a horrible job packaging the amp, and shipped it through USPS, which I explicitly told her not to do. When Jacob received the amp, it had received quite a bit of damage from shipping, but he still sent me out the 1500, and I am actually sheduled to receive it on Saturday!!

Cool story, I know, but I just want to echo remarks I have read over and over about Sundown, their customer service is top notch. It is nice that there are still a few companies around that care about their customers. Jacob, I am a Sundown guy through and through now! Thank you.

Jacob is the man for sure. glad things worked out. you will love the SA-8s.

Jacob is the man for sure. glad things worked out. you will love the SA-8s.

Ya, I have an RE-SE10 right now, and I like it, but I really think 2 of those 8s would murder it from what I have read. I may even go with 4, but then I might need more power then 1 1500, idk. This is going in an infiniti g37 coupe, which have trunks that are just way too small.

This is why I am currently running all Sundown...FTW! :drink40:

:fing34: for customer service :woot:

With such a customer service, I can't buy any other amps in the market!!!

:) :)

I can't wait to get my SAZ1000, I'll be ordering next week.

I have never seen a guy more dedicated to his customers, That is the reason I run Sundown equipment

just got my 1000d & 100.4 in the mail a couple days ago, havent installed either of them but they sure are pretty :woot:

ive read a few different post on the 1000d in different forums and some people say it wont do rated power, only like 900 or so... but i saw a couple tests that show like 1030 to 1050 watts at about 1 ohm. i was jw which of these reviews are right? i personally dont care cuz im not even using the full potential of the amp in my planned setup, but i also have a hard time believing jacob would lie like that. its obviously a quality product, i havent stop looking at either of mine since i got them, no need to bs about a 100 watts or so... right?

EDIT: i mean no disrespect by that post, i was just wondering like i said :peepwall:

Edited by snail05

ive read a few different post on the 1000d in different forums and some people say it wont do rated power, only like 900 or so... but i saw a couple tests that show like 1030 to 1050 watts at about 1 ohm. i was jw which of these reviews are right? i personally dont care cuz im not even using the full potential of the amp in my planned setup, but i also have a hard time believing jacob would lie like that. its obviously a quality product, i havent stop looking at either of mine since i got them, no need to bs about a 100 watts or so... right?

EDIT: i mean no disrespect by that post, i was just wondering like i said :peepwall:

Regardless if it is 900 or 1300 watts, it wont make a difference in how it will sound to your ear (maybe get you some tenths on the meter if your competing).

no comps for me... maybe to just see what i can hit depending on how i feel about it. im just gonna have an re audio se 10" ported, deadend in a nsrt.

and i know the difference is nominal, regardless of the importance of a few watts it should do rated.