mwoehr

Looking for a deck simular to Alpine CDA-9886

I'm looking for a deck that has the same style built in crossover as my CDA-9886 for my girlfriend's car. She likes the built in crossover feature of my deck, but wants something different. Any recommendations?

I just got an Eclipse CD5030, I was pretty split on what to get, almost went the Alpine route but figured I've never had an Eclipse. I'm consider myself satisfied with the features of the Eclipse.

I just got an Eclipse CD5030, I was pretty split on what to get, almost went the Alpine route but figured I've never had an Eclipse. I'm consider myself satisfied with the features of the Eclipse.

Does it have a built in electronic crossover like the Alpine CDA-9886 ?

Does it have a built in electronic crossover like the Alpine CDA-9886 ?

Huh? The 9886 has an EXTREMELY limited crossover, the 9887 was the unit with the crossover. What features do you need?

I'm with m5. The 9886 has a very dissapointing crossover untill you add the pxa-h100. And even after that I still don't think it's as good as the 9887.

I run my in car speakers off the deck and IMO and most other peoples it sounds good. I use the 80hz crossover on the deck to filter out the low frequencies from the in car speakers.

I run my in car speakers off the deck and IMO and most other peoples it sounds good. I use the 80hz crossover on the deck to filter out the low frequencies from the in car speakers.

Can you even buy a car stereo that has RCA outs for front, rear, & sub that doesn't have a generic HP on it?

The 9887 has WAY more processing than just a single filter. When you state crossover, most people think LP for the sub, bandpass for the mid, and HP for the tweeter. The 9886 cannot even come close to that. Add T/A and some EQ and :woot:

In your case, I think you could probably shave a bunch off your budget and still get that option cheaper.

i have two 9886's one in my lancer that im building, and one just lying around. i love the 9886! hd radio ready, mp3, ipod ready, and cheap yeah!

look into a kenwood excelon unit if youre looking for something similar and pretty cheap. i picked up the x693 for under 200 and i like it. it has a 7 band eq, t/a, but doesnt have the ability for a 3 way setup as it only has LP and HP filters. it lets you choose frequencies in 10hz increments, and anywhere between 6-24db rolloff. my last clarion deck only let me choose 50, 80, and around 100 and did not let me choose the rolloff.

Should be cheaper IMO as it is really a basic headunit in terms of features but sold at a premium

I really like my CDA-105. I constantly use the iPod cable, I don't think I've listened to the radio for a half hour since I've put it in.