joshtazz

some tweeter help

ok so i just checked my tweeters out today and their blown....so i was wondering what tweeters should i get ( i just need two) and the ones that blew were diamond audio s600 hex. Also should i use bass blockers this time because i believe that they blew because they were getting to low of a frequency.

passive crossover? If so, you need the same exact tweeter.

With the diamond audio cross overs and I don't know why they blew either...and I will get them then thanks but before I hook em up id would like to find out why they blew but have no clue of how to tell?

Edited by joshfi

I have no idea why they blew either. If you had Diamond Audio tweeters on the supplied Diamond Audio passives, then they should not have blown due to excessive low frequency as I would assume Diamond would be intelligent enough to properly design passive crossovers for their speakers.

The fact that they both blew would lead me to believe they were overpowered. More details on how the amplifier and other settings throughout the system were set would be required aswell.

Nvm saw your sig. Looks to be set at full range. What size mid is in the comp set? If your running that amp at least set it to high pass and tweak from there.

Edited by OldSkool_08

Its 6.5 and ok thanks but from those settings could that be the reason they blew

Imo yes that is why they blew! That amp has a great crossover built in might as well use it.

HPF on the amp would have nothing to do with the tweeters blowing as long as you were using the supplied passive crossovers.