hey maybe you guys can answer this. i have a SS labs 2 farad cap. i have lost the dang resistor to sucessfully charge this thing without it blowing up in my face. any clues? i know i can get resistors at radio hack but i don't know what the value was i dont have any paper on it and its 3 years old so i cant even find it online anymore.

try putting paper UNDER the cap :D

Edited by Mr Slinky

Just sell it, it won't help your install anyways.

I agree, just sell it and go buy a second battery or a better alternator, caps just strain your alternator.

i would call the manufacure and ask them, or go to where htey were originally purchased and ask them this question.

on this forum we are heavy on anti-cap crap! please veiw this thread and seach the forum for about 100 do not use cap threads lol!

Battery or Cap - SSA Car Audio Forum

x1,000 on the battery man, most of us have made the cap mistake starting out... Hell, one guy in my car club was looking for a "compasiter" so I dug one up I had laying around and made a quick 10 bucks off of it :shrug:

No shame in my game bro-ham ;)

Well on a side note the mtc thunder elite 1501d has a dedicated spot to hook up a cap, I have a optima yellow top a 180 amp excessive alt and upgraded big 3 with 1/0 ga