Frostedflakejake

BTL terminals, Running parallel

Here's the story. I have an 18'' BTL dual 2 ohm. Obviously I want to run it at 1 ohm. I have 8 gauge wiring to connect the terminals in parallel, but how do I do that? I know how to wire it, but I don't know how to fit the wires in the terminals. I can fit one, but not two. Now I know tons of people on here have BTL's so someone PLEASE help. Should I connect some of the 8 gauge to a ring terminal? 2 prong terminal? It just doesn't seem like either of those options would be tight inside the BTL's terminals.

Thanks to all who respond

Here's the story. I have an 18'' BTL dual 2 ohm. Obviously I want to run it at 1 ohm. I have 8 gauge wiring to connect the terminals in parallel, but how do I do that? I know how to wire it, but I don't know how to fit the wires in the terminals. I can fit one, but not two. Now I know tons of people on here have BTL's so someone PLEASE help. Should I connect some of the 8 gauge to a ring terminal? 2 prong terminal? It just doesn't seem like either of those options would be tight inside the BTL's terminals.

Thanks to all who respond

Use ring terminals to connect the coils at the box. Use bolts for terminals...That's what I'm doing for my next build.

Use ring terminals to connect the coils at the box. Use bolts for terminals...That's what I'm doing for my next build.

Already put terminals in my box, but thanks. And my question isn't in regard to connecting coils to the box, sorry if that was unclear. My question is connecting coil to coil. I'll go in the garage and post some pics to make things clear. thanks anyways!

Don't do coil to coil. Run from each coil to the box terminals, or better yet directly to the amp.

How do you do directly to amp with a mono block? Just put both positives from the coils into one positive on the amp? And where do you have the wires... just coming out of the port???

And here are pictures of everything involved.

100_3611.jpg

100_3610.jpg

100_3609.jpg

No way in hell another one is fitting in there!!!

100_3608.jpg

No need for 8 gauge! Step down to 12 gauge and wire it to your terminal.

so definitely DON'T do coil to coil? And then do one positive and negative from the coils to the male terminals on my terminal box and then the other set of coils to the bolts on my terminal box?

so definitely DON'T do coil to coil? And then do one positive and negative from the coils to the male terminals on my terminal box and then the other set of coils to the bolts on my terminal box?

Yes

okay! one last question. So those male terminals on my terminal box are TINY. Finding some female terminals that will fit onto those males and have 8 gauge input will be nearly impossible. I've tried several places already.... ideas? Can i run both sets of wires to the bolts?

aluminum threaded rod and aluminum nuts will create very nice terminals. im horrible at explaining things so maybe someone who is good at it can chime in.

okay! one last question. So those male terminals on my terminal box are TINY. Finding some female terminals that will fit onto those males and have 8 gauge input will be nearly impossible. I've tried several places already.... ideas? Can i run both sets of wires to the bolts?

Shouldn't be a problem running both sets to the bolts. If you cannot get some 8 gauge ring terminals local try eBay.

:+1:

Ill be doing the same in my build, 4 bolts thru the box representing both coils, 8 ga directly to the bolts then take it from there.

You don't need 8 gauge...use 12awg, it's more then big enough. You do understand that you are running AC voltage and current out of your amplifier right? Like..the same stuff that is in your house?

You need bigger wire for DC (input)..not output..

Use 12awg, follow this video.

You can also trim the wires on the 8 gauge down if you need to. Nothing wrong with that.