deernet

Anyone have experience with the RE XXX components?

I'm thinking about getting a set of the XXX components. Anyone have any experience with them? Positives, negatives?

They play music.

Since you set your expectations low they might work for you. ;)

In all seriousness, giving us some information on what/why/where/how you are trying to accomplish would help a lot more. Otherwise you are just going to get a bunch of subjective responses based on peoples tastes that aren't yours. Since you asked for one of those, I'll give you mine. Negative.

Well, currently I've just got stock coaxials, with the front driver side blown. I've got a Fostage P3002 that I'll probably use with them, its 150x2 at 2 ohm, so it would be perfect for the XXX's. I'll mount the 6.5s in the doors and the tweeters on the a-pillars. I was thinking that they should do pretty well at complimenting my BTL 18 I ordered yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone on here has them and what they think of them.

M5, why do you say negative? Have you heard them and don't like them? BTW, my sig quote is from Devil's Rejects, I love that movie. :fing34:

They are definitely a nice sounding set of comps. Paired with an 18" BTL, I would assume you are looking for loud just as much as SQ. . .Should work great for your application.

Brian

Lucky 76 on this forum had them. But something was wrong with them as soon he got them. Idk I forgot the rest of the story but he ended up selling them on here. So you could ask him how he liked them... But as M5 stated it comes down to what you like, and your prefrences.

Lucky 76 on this forum had them. But something was wrong with them as soon he got them. Idk I forgot the rest of the story but he ended up selling them on here. So you could ask him how he liked them... But as M5 stated it comes down to what you like, and your prefrences.

Thats not too encouraging to hear, were they DOA when he got them, or was something else wrong?

Well, currently I've just got stock coaxials, with the front driver side blown. I've got a Fostage P3002 that I'll probably use with them, its 150x2 at 2 ohm, so it would be perfect for the XXX's. I'll mount the 6.5s in the doors and the tweeters on the a-pillars. I was thinking that they should do pretty well at complimenting my BTL 18 I ordered yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone on here has them and what they think of them.

M5, why do you say negative? Have you heard them and don't like them? BTW, my sig quote is from Devil's Rejects, I love that movie. :fing34:

Bomb ass movie, :fing34:

Thats not too encouraging to hear, were they DOA when he got them, or was something else wrong?

It depends on what you like, try to find a RE Dealer in your area and go give them a listen or for that matter go listen to as many different kinds you can (just go to your local car audio shops).

I'm pretty sure that neither of my local shops carry RE, but I'll check around though.

They were a great set of components. They blew up because my rockford amp at the time went nuts and shot out dc at them. I liked the way they sounded. They can handle a lot more than recommended rms. If you plan on doing this please go active. I used the xover and threw like 250 watts at them and the crossover caught on fire lol.

They were a great set of components. They blew up because my rockford amp at the time went nuts and shot out dc at them. I liked the way they sounded. They can handle a lot more than recommended rms. If you plan on doing this please go active. I used the xover and threw like 250 watts at them and the crossover caught on fire lol.

I don't think RE told anyone to send 250 watts to these babies !!!

What did you expect ?!!

They look pretty, high quality. But I never listened to them.

Try to listen to what they sell in your local shops, and tell us what you like or dislike.

Then.......ask M5 ! He knows his sh*

People have thrown 400 to them in active chief. Just gotta know how to do it.

I ordered a set of them, I'm hoping I like them. I'll be using a P3002 to run them now, in the future I'll probably get a Fosgate T600-4.

I don't see why people keep downrating your comments, your just telling the truth. Thanks for the help man.

Umm, no. Putting an amp with 400w on a driver is NOT the same as throwing 400w to them. They will not take 400w thermally. They also won't take it mechanically unless you defeat their whole purpose by crossing them too high. TERRIBLE recommendation.

So you guys think I should run these with my P3002, or look for another amp? I've been wanting one of the new Fosgate Power T600-4s.

Edit: If I got that T600-4, I know I'd only be able to run them on two channels, or else it would be too much power.

Second edit: Could somebody explain to me how I would go about running these active? Would I have to use a 4 channel? Would I be better off with the T400-4?

Edited by deernet

Anything wrong with your old amp? If you have the money and can sell the old one, then go for it.

Anything wrong with your old amp? If you have the money and can sell the old one, then go for it.

Nope, it works great. I doubt I'd sell it, I'd probably just put it up. I like my Fosgate shit.

You don't need to change amp, at all. But if you really want to, just run the 600-4 bridged to your comp set. Try to set the gain by ear, and don't care about the power. You will know when the speakers distort.

You don't need to change amp, at all. But if you really want to, just run the 600-4 bridged to your comp set. Try to set the gain by ear, and don't care about the power. You will know when the speakers distort.

So I could run them active off the P3002?

It's a comp set. Don't try to run it "active".

Use the passive filters. They were made by professionals FOR your speakers.

When you want to run active, you will use a 4-channel amplifier, with 2 mid woofers and 2 tweeters. You will, then, use the 4 channels of the amp.

It's a comp set. Don't try to run it "active".

Use the passive filters. They were made by professionals FOR your speakers.

When you want to run active, you will use a 4-channel amplifier, with 2 mid woofers and 2 tweeters. You will, then, use the 4 channels of the amp.

That's what I was thinking, thanks for the reply.

There are WAY better options for an active setup and NONE of them would ever be 2ohm as that makes no sense for front stage speakers.

No such thing as "too much power" just too much of you turning the knobs up. Headroom is your friend.

There are WAY better options for an active setup and NONE of them would ever be 2ohm as that makes no sense for front stage speakers.

No such thing as "too much power" just too much of you turning the knobs up. Headroom is your friend.

x2 and I was not recommending throwing that much power to them. If you read my previous comment before I went in explaining what happened when I threw 250 watts at them. I would recommend putting the 150 watts to them as specified by RE.