klee7013

My Nissan Frontier Build

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

:gayhaaay1: Names Kevin i am fairly new here and to car audio so any tips or advice will be appreciated.

Will post pics once i get everything uploaded to photobucket

:popcorn::drink40:

received in the mail a few days ago. more to come very soon

yA SSA Store quick shipping ordered about 10 one night received 2 days later dam i love quick shipping i am used to waiting for 2 weeks -1 month plus on stuff

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

Edited by klee7013

and i am going to try to fit them back here

ignore my messy truck i got to school then right after that i work. been slammed. complain when we dont have any work then when business comes around complain because we know we cant get it all done we are juggling every thing around and trying to please everybody which that never happens. oo boy the life of a small business (woops sorry about the rambling)

back to pictures

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

kinda tight may have to try to forward mount them but dont want someone to kick a hole or something to roll into them and puncture them

IMG_0579.jpg

any ideas on making a grill to protect them if i have to mount them firing foward??

Edited by klee7013

You are gonna be a very happy man once those are in :drink40:

I cant wait to see what you do with that truck.popcorn.gif I have an 06' xterra and my brother has the same truck as you.

You can buy universal metal grills from Parts-express.com or Madisound.com , both are good companys.

Keep up the good work.smile.gif

K the grills not quite sure how they mount. will they leave enough room for the subs excursion?

and would this be a could idea to buy to mount the subs Parts-Express.com:

I used the same style of fasteners on my 15" BTL.

I ordered some 10" grills from madisound and they are pretty thick. As far as enough room for excursion, the midbass drivers I am putting these on have 20mm of xmas. I am mounting the unseen mounting ring upside down and this should give me more than enough. they were only Seven bucks each so that made them worth the try because I was already ordering other stuff that I needed anyways. I can get you exact measurments if you need.

I always sent my brother on the clubfrontier.com when he asks me questions. I think I am a member over on clubxterra but only go there when I have an Xterra related question.

For the grill, i've been wanting to try this idea out for a very long time.

Have the box regular.. just a straight ported/sealed box, then... get a piece of wood of your choice, get it about an inch thick, then get a sheet off plexi glass about 2/4 or 1/4 thick and cut the wood so it would frame around the plexi glass and have about an inch lip going inward on the frame them with a tool of your choice sand down the wood so the plexi glass fits in flush then.. cut holes about the size of the bottom of a styrofoam cup (or smaller/bigger) out of the plexi glass and then add some led lights (color green cause green is fuckin dope) then boom!

just make sure there is enough room from the face baffle of the box and the back of the plexi glass for sub excursion.

...this idea might sound/look better in my head

thanks for your business! Looking forward to more pictures.

Get back to work! LOL

Teaser Pics :popcorn: o ya and i am trying to decide if i want to go :turkey: hunting or work on my box this weekend what yall think

supplies

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

this came in the mail today to PONTE 100% polyester

some research on the fiberglassforums and i decided i would try this stuff

IMG_0583.jpg

MDF 3/4 almost went 1/2 but decciede if was gonna put 1200 watts rms on it might better go a little bigger

IMG_0582.jpg

Nice start, I think you should build the box then go hunting or think about building the box will hunting or think about hunting while building the box (I dont know too many decisions). :captain:

trying to cut rings so i can mount them flush

--- good thing i wont need this whole sheet- :ohnoes9:

first one way off

2nd one just a tad off

hopefully 3rd times the charm-

- left the camera at the house will post pics tomorrow- i am at the shop i work at.

oo ya wish me luck

Looking forward to the progress pics .... popcorn.gif

update: What have i got my self into :suicide-santa:

one half a ring done now i got a template WOOT

gonna take a 10 min break mdf dust BLOWS

Im tuned in! :popcorn:

Everything looks sweet so far. For some reason 8's have a special place in my heart.

IMG_0590.jpg

You will have best results with ONLY aluminum foil where the resin is going to be, or as little tape as posible. The resin will make the tape all gooey and hard to remove. ALSO keep your resin inside and warm until you are ready to use it. I found out IT cures better this way.

Good luck.trink40.gif

You will have best results with ONLY aluminum foil where the resin is going to be, or as little tape as posible. The resin will make the tape all gooey and hard to remove. ALSO keep your resin inside and warm until you are ready to use it. I found out IT cures better this way.

guess i will just have to spend alot more time trying to get the tape off i did foil then tape

but second thing it is 75 out and gonn a be 90 today also will post pics of my first layer in a few mins gotta to go back to homedeopt and get some more mat i bought a little bit to see how much i need . will post more pics when i get back gonna let my truck cook in the sun to help the drying process

guess i will just have to spend alot more time trying to get the tape off i did foil then tape

but second thing it is 75 out and gonn a be 90 today also will post pics of my first layer in a few mins gotta to go back to homedeopt and get some more mat i bought a little bit to see how much i need . will post more pics when i get back gonna let my truck cook in the sun to help the drying process

Might want to leave you windows down if you can. pretty potent smell. and lasts a while.

k quick question . i got a few bubbles and bulges do i just break the mat up real small and stuff it in there with the brush

MORE pics

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

k quick question . i got a few bubbles and bulges do i just break the mat up real small and stuff it in there with the brush

MORE pics

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Lookin good so far dude. :fing34: For the bubbles, use a bubble buster. It is a small roller with knobs on it to pop the bubbles. You cand find them in your local plastic/fg store. Try Tap Plastics. For the bulges, you just have to smash them down and make sure there is plenty of resin on it as well. The tape can be bitch to take off but the blue painters tape is much easier. Dont use the cheapest masking tape you can find because you will be pissed in the end. Keep up the good work man!:drink40:

just added 2 more layers.. when this drys i should be able to take it out right or should i just do all the layers for the bottom on the inside??

Thanks for all the advice

oo ya and in the heat and those fumes i feel like :trippy: gonna go take a nap and hopefully when i wake up i can do it again :ehh: