Sign in to follow this  
Dpaw37

I love 15's, but...

I found a deal on a 12" TREO SSX and to be honest the best system I've ever heard was a TREO sub, which model I'm not sure. I was looking at 2 AA Avalanche 15's (old model) and I know that would pound and sound amazing, only problem is they are both dual 2 ohm and not only that the box would be much bigger.

With the SSX recommending 2.25 cu ft tuned to 31.8hz would it do well playing low? Obviously it wouldnt be 2 AA avalanche 15's but what kind of performance could I expect from a 12 of this caliber?

I'm gettin excited here :D Can't wait till I finally decide on something.

No response? lol and btw not worried about the AA's voice coils that wouldnt be a problem.

Only thing is going with the 15's would be at the least $450 more expensive...

I think I'm going to be more than happy with the 12" SSX I just don't want to have that feeling where I avoid playing songs that play real low because it could sound better.

Edited by Dpaw37

Not alot of TREO users here. I know they make a great product, so I would say go for it!

im a big treo fan. my first real setup was 2 treo te series 15's in a huge ported box tuned at 45hz. very hard hitters for the bullshit amp it had..honest oppinion u would be more satisfied with 2 15s rather than 1 12. but i've never heard any aa subs so i dont dunno the sq but treo's have good sound quality.

Both will get coins jumping but the 2-15's will be the setup that'll shove air out the window and make it hard to breathe. 1 12 on 2k in a good ported box is way too loud for most people, your rearview can fall off and you can't spark a lighter. How much space can you use? Measure it, you'll need like 7 cubes at the minimum for 2 15's and try 2.5 cubes @ 35 for the SSX. Almost no difference between 1600W & 2000W. $450 is a lot and both being D2's you can wire the 15's at two-4-ohm loads or .5 ohms in parallel, so that's more power than a 1600/2000W amp @ 1ohm will do. You might as well try the SSX, Treo's are amazing and you can wire it down to 1 ohm to use 2000w.

what kinda fukked up thread is this? are you asking us whether you should get 1 12 or 2 15s. get fukken real thats not even a comparison and if anyone tells you to get 1 12 they are out of their mind. go big or get out.

what kinda fukked up thread is this? are you asking us whether you should get 1 12 or 2 15s. get fukken real thats not even a comparison and if anyone tells you to get 1 12 they are out of their mind. go big or get out.

He wants to know if he will be satisfied with at least 1 12. He obviously knows th 2 15's will be louder. No need to be a dick bro. Oh and it's not "go big or get the fuck out" for everyone.

OP maybe if you gave us some goals and a budget we could help you out better.

^^^^worthless.gif

i've seen several single 12 setups that will out meter an 18...size really doesnt mean all that much. theoretically a couple 15s should b louder than a 12, but it all depends on the install. hell, jacob did a 150.x or some rediculous number with a single 8" sub...im guessing i wasn't doing a 150 with my 18...its all in the install.

why dont you just buy one of the 15's and run that? then the box size wouldnt be an issue

To the guy up there talking about go big or get the fuck out, unfortunately I don't have endless money to spend on myself otherwise I would. I thought I'd made it clear the deciding factor was budget and being satisfied with the lower end.

Yes, obviously I realize 2 15's would be ideal. All I'm asking from anyone experienced is whether or not I'm going to get this 12 and say "nice, but I should've got the 15's"

To put it in perspective the nicest system Ive heard, personally, was 1 15" Treo sub. Until today I assumed it had to have been an SSX, and to my surprise found out it was merely an SSi 15 with 1100 watts to it....correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt an SSX 12 beat down an SSi with a club and take a squat and shit on it?

Edited by Dpaw37

^^^^worthless.gif

x2 I thought this forum was for helping people with their setups, and to get ideas from what other people have done, not to bash on people for not having the biggest subs...

To the guy up there talking about go big or get the fuck out, unfortunately I don't have endless money to spend on myself otherwise I would. I thought I'd made it clear the deciding factor was budget and being satisfied with the lower end.

Yes, obviously I realize 2 15's would be ideal. All I'm asking from anyone experienced is whether or not I'm going to get this 12 and say "nice, but I should've got the 15's"

To put it in perspective the nicest system Ive heard, personally, was 1 15" Treo sub. Until today I assumed it had to have been an SSX, and to my surprise found out it was merely an SSi 15 with 1100 watts to it....correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt an SSX 12 beat down an SSi with a club and take a squat and shit on it?

Yeah an ssx is pretty much the shit. But so is an avalanche haha. Either way you can't go wrong!